It's 1

its 1 you downies

Lol 1

>this fucking idiot

6 / 2(1 + 2) = 6 / 2 * (1 + 2) = 9

Pemdas niggers,
parenthesis,exponents, multiplication division addition subtraction
(1+2)=3 2(3)=6 6/6=1

Distribute the 2 on the parenthesis. (2 + 4)
Add the two inside the parenthesis. 6.
Go back to the beginning.
6/6 = 1

The answer is one.

distribute the 2 so you get 6/2+4. Add the 2 and 4 to get 6. 6/6 is 1. Come on, you learn this shit in middle school

They are both correct

I'm not seeing it as 6 / (2(1 + 2)), so the answer is 9.

I was personally taught that multiplication and division share a space in pemdas, so if it's between them it is just in left to right order. I believe it's 9

You added parentheses that aren't there.

whoops is right

3 is multiplied, that's why you can't just multiply it with a division (in this case /2) This is why it's (6*3)/2 = 9

If you would have 6/2/3, then it would be 6/(2*3) = 1

This should make it more clear.

Why the fuck is it a fraction you tard

PEMDAS motherfuckers.
6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
6/6

The answer is one, anything else is a Jewish scheme.

He fucking meant
- = 6/2

3 in other words.

Learn to math you fucking imbecile

21 XDDDDDDD

xDDD

Wait that line means divide?

Parentheses priority isn't contagious. Only the inside goes first.

In his context yeah, i just used that shit for no fucking reason, i didn't bother to get the proper symbol.

The answer is 9.

lmao this bullshit thread again why cant u faggots do ur gypsy tricks using fractions its always some baiting bullshit

i have never seen a bigger thread full of fucking jews youtube.com/watch?v=URcUvFIUIhQ

The fucking รท sign is the problem
Thats why no one fucjing uses it, because its never clear what is divided by what
It could be either of pic options

Very close, but you have to go left to right. So you do (P)arathesis, go back to the left, (E)xponents, go back to left, etc.

I was taught BIDMAS/BODMAS

>PEMDAS
What are you, a 5 y/o who was taught common core?

It is clear, if you use more brackets.
6/(2*(1+2))
(6/2)*(1+2)

>implying parentheses
You're adding an extra pair if your solution is 1.

They're just idiots. I learned pemdas 15 years ago and got 9 as an answer.

We're not doing anything wrong here. It's just that you guys are fucking morons if you get 9.

retard, then you get 7, not even 1

THE REAL QUESTION IS WHAT KIND OF RETARD WRITES A PROBLEM LIKE THIS

distribution is the use of multiplication. it is multiplication, you moron. pedmas states that you go from left to right when doing division and multiplication. in the problem, the division is first from the left, so you use the number you find after dividing to multiply with what's inside the parenthesis.

6(3) = 18
this is also a form of distribution, but it's only a single integer inside the parenthesis
it is the exact same as 6*3=18

so in the problem, it would be:
6/2*(1+2)
3*(1+2)
3+6=9

It's still 9 if you use distribution.

I never said you don't get seven, did I?

a retard who knows how to get a bunch of replies in a thread, that's for sure

always do parentheses first so
6 / 2(3)
which is
6 / 6

Pemdas also states that parentheses goes first you moron, hence the distribution comes first.

?

parenthesis first is

6/2(1+2)

6/2(3)

I got a NADPH on mathematical engineering, all other fag saying it 1 or 9 are wronged

You didn't even read the post, fucking idiot. I just said that distribution is multiplication. It isn't using mathematical operations inside the parenthesis. The number is outside the parenthesis for a reason, and that's because it's using the mathematical function of multiplication to be multiplied with what's inside the parenthesis.

PEDMAS states that whatever is inside parenthesis is first, but in the example that I provided for you, I did not add 1 and 2 because I was showing that distribution would still have the same exact effect.

If you follow PEDMAS fully, you'd get:
6/2*(1+2)
6/2*3
3*3=9

Since, like I said before, 6*3 = 18 = 6(3)

you left out the parentheses

6 / 2(2+1)
6 / 2(3) = 6 / (2*3)
6 / 6

checkmate faggot

It's best to represent these kinds of questions in a different form.

Take into consideration that

>4/2

is the same as

>4 * 0.5

That is, dividing by 2 is the same as multiplying by its reciprocal 1/2

So let's apply this to the problem

>6/2(1+2)

>6*0.5(1+2)
Nothing as been changed here
>3(1+2)

>3(3)

HOLY FUCK can't believe this shit, everyone knows the answer is *SYNTAX Error*

so then you distribute the 6/2, or just the 1/2 since 6/2 is a 6 and a 1/2

so let's do that

>6/2(1+2)

>6(1/2+2/2)

>6(0.5+1)

>6(1.5)

>9

?

This

why are you multiplying 2 and 3?

parenthesis is an enclosure-only system

I've already covered that yesterday.
The thing all of you seem to be missing is that the syntax is made so that the 2 is distributed on the (1+2). Basic algebra.

6 / 2(1+2)
6 / ((2*1) + (2*2))
6 / (2+4)
6 / 6

The answer is one. Sure, you have to use PEDMAS, but there's also basic algebra rules.

OP here
Underrated post

it's not a 2, it's a /2 or a half

It's not too late for school user

Why are you distributing a half on an expression that is written 6/2? What is wrong with you?

use PEMDAS morons

6/2
is
6 halves
is
6 times 1/2
is
6 times 0.5
is
6 divided by 2

which is all 3 and all the same precedence in any pedmas equation

I don't even know why i fucked fall for these

i know the answer is 9 yet i'm also in here telling people the answer is 1 because i'm le trole but then i fucking flip my shit when someone else tells me it's 1 and then i start replying to my own fucking posts telling them it's 1 and then i realize i told myself it's the wrong fucking answer and i get ever more furious

Ok, you can distribute 3 and get 9. Why would you do a half again? You get the right answer, but it makes the process longer.

I win

jesus... by order of operations the answer would be 6/2(3) which is 6/6 because possible operations inside of parentheses come before multiplying and dividing.

That hurt my brain, try again.

I showed this thread to my gf and I want to annoy her. What's the most ignorant thing I can say to her in order to tell her she's wrong? She says the answer is one.

it helps people comprehend where they're going wrong by distributing a 2 and thinking they can achieve an answer of 1 by using any sort of algebra on this equation

plug the exact same equation into a calculator so that she can see it's in fact 9

O.O.O.

Thank you and yes, also if you people actually payed attention in math class you would know that doing distributive property and pens ass or whatever or interchanga

The most ignorant thing would be to do what did and calculate as if it was 6/(1+2)^2

oh shit that's where I went wrong. forgot about that. I'm a dummie

LOOK ALL YOU FUCKING RETARDS ITS BASICALLY LIKE THIS

6* .5(1+2)
6* .5(3)
THEN WITH (PEMDAS) ITS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT SOOOO
6 * .5 IS 3
3(3) IS FUCKING

yes, your answer is correct

i thought kids in this thread were trolling but there's actually a video on youtube with thousands of people who think it's 1

they all try to distribute a fucking 2 when there's no fucking 2 in the equation

The thing with these fucktards is that there are no distributing and if there is it with .5 not 2