Has Sup Forums ever been right about anything? It's very good, not their best but also not their worst...

Has Sup Forums ever been right about anything? It's very good, not their best but also not their worst. Sup Forums told me this would be their worst album yet, just how little knowledge about music does Sup Forums have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aAlXfs3Ta_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not their best but also not their worst
sure
>it's very good
it's not

2/10, made me reply

it is

Only pitchfork drones will dislike this album.

People who hate this remind me a lot of the Grimes fans who hated Art Angels. General hatred of both seemed to stem from fans of artists associated with alternative music making something more contemporary sounding.

But Art Angels is catchy.

>but-but Damon talked bad about Trump and theirs niggers on the album :(

it's not

The only good songs on this are Andromeda and Hallelujah Money. Mumble rap is creative bankruptcy, and it's a shame it's featured on this album.

>Because hip-hop hasn't been a part of Gorillaz from the beginning

>b-but they are getting all political, it must be shit right Sup Forums?

What is the mumble rap. Point me to the mumble rap. Where is future? where is young thug? where are migos? Lil uzi? Fucking lil yachts? You have such a limited knowledge of rap music (a genre incredibly easy to insult) that you can't even troll correctly. You need to train harder

>call it a gorillaz album
>damon alburn only appears in 3 songs
>everything else is bottom of the barrel rappers + generic beats

>very good
>not their best

They haven't made anything over 6/10 baby boy

ez
youtube.com/watch?v=aAlXfs3Ta_A

People reacted similarly to Plastic Beach. People here complained about the rap and politics in a Gorillaz album. Then they elaborated saying they didn't like the blunt lyrics in Humanz while the blunt lyrics in Dirty Harry and Kids with Guns were fine.
People try to claim a band that changes its tones and whose last two releases were vastly different from Demon Dayz and their titular album and expected them to bit change tones for this one.
Yeah, I'd say a lot of Sup Forums has no idea what it's talking about. And the sad part is that this is a very popular band with most of its history, development, and production info out in the open and has been around for nearly 2 decades. One of the last bands for a lot of people here to be dead wrong about.

there's literally no mumble rap
most of the songs don't even have rap at all

This. Gorillaz was always about politics.

>damon alburn only appears in 3 songs
did you listen to the album

That's not mumble rap, that's literally Popcaan's accent.

occasionally saying "oooh" in the background of a rap song doesn't count

I agree my dude, really enjoying the album

Did you listen to the album

yes and i'm re-listening right now while deleting the crappy songs so they don't appear in my playlists

this is the ultimate contrarian board
that's why people like the swans

H A H A
A H A H
H A H A
A H A H

swans are good though

you like it?
it's shit

the worst part of this garbage album:
where is murdoc's bass guitar?
where is noodles lead guitar?
2d only sings the chorus
and Rustle's drums have been replaced by a drum machine
why even call this a gorillaz album when 3 of the 4 gorillaz don't even perform in it?

>why even call this a gorillaz album when 3 of the 4 gorillaz don't even perform in it?
Just like PB and the fall

Gorillaz was never NOT about politics. Sup Forums is having a hissy fit on Christian band singing about Jesus. Damon has several times over the decades sing'd his praise about the black community and highlighted at the oppression they daily face.

the fall was shit,
but plastic beach actually had guitar, bass and drums in some songs

>grace jones
>bottom of the barrel

I'm the whitest, most privileged shit Sup Forums browser and even I know that's not true.

I'm not in love with it and have 3 gripes:
1. Vince staples' fatalistic lyric about being black/white in america. Gonna further separate the young, social-media blm crowd.
2. Not enough unique hooks or build ups
3. Not enuf albarn, females doing 'soft' vocals', or 2-D

>Murdoc is well documented as writing lyrics
>Russell the drummer
>synth drums

They're still there. Albarn has gone full synth for this album, he's confessed as much. Easy to imagine the actual characters did as well. Change of sound doesn't mean most of the band isn't there. We're really reaching now aren't we?

>implying cartoon characters are real people
Wow.

That doesn't mean the characters performed on it
Noodle was replaced with a robot and russel with a drum machine. Murdoc had to kidnap 2D to force him to sing on it

>all these nerds trying to compare it to plastic beach saying it will get better for people as time goes on
lmao

>Kids with Guns
>blunt

Wat

I've seen people say they start liking a lot of it after a few listens in every thread until now.

how to make a modern gorillaz album
1. get 10 no name rappers and 3 has beens in a room
2. get them to sign over one song each to the album
3. delete the old chorus's from each song and have damon record new chorus's with his voice
4. let hipsters on Sup Forums pretend it isn't the worst thing since Think Tank

Thankfully, this album will never find it's renaissance when shittier album pops up. It tries to sing about it's own 9/11, without seeing its just social media drama.

>interlude every 3 songs

>dude 10 second tracks lmao

Worse than the Fall but better than G-sides

I only liked She's My Collar.

not very god, just ok

TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO