Wow this album is so deep. it really made me understand what it's like to be a black african american...

wow this album is so deep. it really made me understand what it's like to be a black african american. makes me not want to tell racist jokes anymore. also it's just so good. all the lyrics and music are really intellectual. really interesting stuff.

what's the point of this 3 layer deep bait its not even funny and the responses will all be uninspired
thanks for pushing an actually humorous thread off of the board asshole

hey I've been looking for a black person on this board now. I'm white and believe white people should be able to say the N word. If not all the time, at least when singing along to music. thoughts? debate?

It doesn't offend me when white people say it but 90% of the time it comes off as incredibly tryhard

Most other black people I know who aren't very uptight about the word feel similarly

Do what you want but don't expect people to be smiles and sunshine about it

cheers man, I appreciate your considerate response

Nigger

nigger

But would you stand up for white people when other blacks are offended?

Np
More specific to the thing about songs, I can't imagine a sensible person really caring

From personal experience its more awkward when a white person is around me and singing a song, then gets to the part where nigga is and kinda stutters/hesitates and glances at me before continuing, than it is when they just say it.

I'm white and I just avoid saying it because it's not worth the hassle. I think most people who use it in any fashion are degenerates anyway, unless you're writing a book or acting in a movie/play.

fug meant to reply to

It depends on the context
I can easily understand why another black person would be upset I just don't get that way because there are far more important things to worry about and I can pretty easily tell if the person was trying to offend me or not. Plus if they were trying to offend me then they just used the laziest manner possible so it's just kind of cheesy.

To draw a comparison, I say the word bitch, maybe not a lot but its definitely something I drop every now and then in a conversation. However, I know to not say it if I'm talking to a woman (or at least one that I don't know well enough to make the call on) especially if she's older than me. If a friend of mine accidentally was talking to a woman and said iunno "Yeah she's a real bitch" to her and the woman became upset I'd think my friend fucked up for not being able to read the social situation and probably wouldn't try to justify/defend him past convincing the woman that he's not actually an asshole.

This was more longwinded than I expected but whatever

>white people should be able to say the N word. If not all the time, at least when singing along to music
So this is why white people love Childish Gambino.

If you're singing along to some lyrics that's fine, but in almost any other situation it makes me cringe and it comes off as someone desperately trying to fit in and be someone they aren't, similar to fedoras who shove awkward "old world" english into casual conversation.

So not really offensive in the traditional sense, just off-putting

Now kith

We wuz kaaaangs n shiet

It all depends on your performance. Language is intricately connected to feeling. Forget all the commentary like "its okay" or "not okay". Your command of the situation and your choice words is the most important thing.

tldr; Im black, and saying nigga has still brought on awkward situations.

If imma slap a pussy ass nigga imma make it look sexy

mmm really made me think

>black african american

i loved it but then again i unironically want white people to die

fuck white people

I wish I could send you all on a one way trip to Fyre Festival.

This wasn't funny the first time you did it.

Echoing this user. You kinda have to have this mindset if you're black and regularly want to use Sup Forums, especially lately, without having an aneurysm from asspain.