Hey Sup Forums here's a strange request, I'm currently having a huge case of writer's block. I write Medieval Fantasy...

Hey Sup Forums here's a strange request, I'm currently having a huge case of writer's block. I write Medieval Fantasy, and I'm having trouble coming up with names, locations and characters. So Sup Forums let out your creative side, Dwarves, Elves, Stayrs, Demons, and etc are all welcome! Give me your best!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyr
fantasynamegenerators.com
fantasynamegenerators.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shitnigger the criminal

Is there any influence from a primary culture? (Nordic, Native American, Indian, etc.)

Here, we can see the two kinds of Sup Forums browsers.

Cunty the Sardine.

I've always liked the name john

nigger
niggertown
niggerata and niggerato

My world is primarily Norse in style, however I do have other influences! But Norse is the overarching one, any culture is welcome though!

The fuck is a stayr?
Use latin sounding names for demon stuff

Can you give us a brief overview or outline of the story so we can get a more accurate idea instead of shotgunning out ideas?

Nig, nog, nignog, big nig and Eric the coon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyr

can you call the main country Sup Forums?

Elven Prince Unus. There u go fgt. My dnd character

Satyr is what I meant to type! A half goat half human creature from Greek and Norse mythology.

goatman. pan's labrynth style

This. OP got to give us shit to work with.

Is the novel purely written in english?

As of now, I'm just developing a new world. There are a few smaller stories but no main one! Sorry.

Unthank
Gaylord Tarquin
Essie Gagtar

dont mind me just posting some vaguely related pics

Yes, however I have made a couple of fictional languages! And am creating a few more.

there may be some samurai shit. Don't give me any weeb shit about it.

>I have made a couple of fictional languages
well look at fucking tolkien over here

name a town sylaris

goblins gangrape Holly the tavern wench

Who are the main characters?
What are their personalities?
What are they skilled at?
Why are they the main characters?
What are they trying to accomplish?
What or who is holding them back?

I'm planning on it being a Game of Thrones esque narrative. Having multiple perspectives, from good and bad people. However most will fall into a morally grey area.

Great fucking idea for a plot twist at the end.
We read through the story believing that the MCs are the good guys, who only want what's best.
But then, near the end, the "villains" start to talk about how many lives have been lost and destroyed because the "heroes" went on their quest.
We find out at the end that our MCs are not the good guys.
(All bad guys are good from their own perspecive)

Tolkien is one of my main influences and heroes! So close enough, but mine are less impressive though. Mostly borrowing from real life languages.

you need a naming theme to keep things consistent

I recommend starting with the names of fruits @ vegetables and then adding the letter 'D' to them
so banana becomes Danana, and apple becomes Dapple (or addle if you want to get really creative)

Very helpful, thank you!

Is there magic?
Are there lots of important races?(Elves, dwarves, and humans living side by side in the same cities)
Is there a limitation on WHO can use magic?
(Most important) WHAT IS THE MAIN QUEST?

I have a lot of rando shit from old D&D campaigns I used to run. Have some decent city names

Klorinthia
Ghalger
Refferess
Olavin
Pok
New Halvert
Bebossa

Also, as I said this world is mainly Norse and Anglo Saxon in style! And while some pictures are helping I would like less Japanese style stuff!

The faggot OP crested the beach of the snowy mountaintop, looking down brazenly at the thread in front of him.

"What fresh hell...", he muttered under his breath solemnly, adjusting his fedora against the cooling winds of the cruel North.

Below him was a sea of unnerving bait, rife with oldfags who harbored no fucks for his desperate autistic screeching.
With fleeting thoughts of his shit-tier Waifu in the forefront of his mind, the OP tightened his satchel and attempted (and failed) to triforce as he began to make the trek down into the rapidly saging thread.

"If nothing else...", he said to himself, trying to steel his faggot nerves, "I can post bananas in a YLYL later..."

fantasynamegenerators.com

If you don't trust the link, just look up "Fantasy Name Generator".
This thing is reeeeeeaaaaallllyyyy helpful in these kinds of situations.

Too bad

GEORGE! GET OFF THE FUCKING INTERNET, GO BACK TO YOUR ANCIENT WORD PROCESSOR, AND FINISH THE GOD DAMN BOOK BEFORE YOUR FAT BEARDED ASS DIES OF A FUCKING HEART ATTACK!

There is indeed magic! Depending on where you're from it changes on whether it's accepted or hated. Same goes for interspecies cities and breeding! There is a limitation on who can use magic, you have to be born with it. And the main quest I am still deciding, as I said multiple main character so it will change for each! I have made some, but I would prefer to not leak my plot ideas!

How about a religious group of costal raiders. Raiding local villages and towns not for their own carnal desires but for those of their prime deity. For only the offerings provided by these raids would one reach the ultimate goal of eternal life after death. In fact these religious fanatics live almost monk life when not directly involved in combat.

OP here, I'm thinking of adding people on Skype or Kik for those interested! And those who wish to help more.

Hot and kinky draugr sex.

OP, before asking us for help in building a house, you must first build the foundation yourself.
Same goes for story writing.
The foundation of story writing is the main quest (what the MCs are trying to accomplish), who the MCs are, why they want to accomplish it, and who is the ultimate evil (the antagonist).

I know! But I wish to build the world first, then the main story.

Olorin Bellbreaker

Tyrn Soloway

Jecca Shroud

The Windsword Sisters

Morodan Dake

The Glasswater Crossing

Corvy Vepp

Ireda Lynderin

Juunter Axebride

The Howling Mirror

Sure! I'd love to help. What's your skype so we can either
1. Spam your with our autism
or
2. Help your write an interesting story

Karnak is a name I use alot.

I'm gonna make a temporary account right now and those who do show interest in helping and I trust I will give my main account! I'm making another one right now.

So does Marvel.

Just use a name generator dude, this site is fucking great. I use it all the time.

>fantasynamegenerators.com/

It's fun helping OP and all, but as a writer you really should be sorting out your themes, subtext and beat sheet before anything else. Decide what you want to say and what you want readers to feel first. Don't just start typing away at page 1 and hoping it all comes together,

Marshall, that you bruh?

Sounds like you took the "I'll tell you all the answers for only $5,000 class"

>How's that working out.

OP, don't listen to this bullshit, just work hard and be honest.

Oh shit, Eminem is writing fantasy novels now.

OK everyone! The Skype account is up, add writersblock72500. This is only a temporary account so feel free to shitpost as well!

I have an idea. Add aliens to the mix. Why can't aliens and sci-fi invade the fantasy worlds?

Hey man, I want OP to be a rich and efficient writer. If he's doing this for shits and giggles, that's fine too, but if we wants to make something grand in scope, he has to build it properly.

Here are some southeast asian folklore names.

Maguayan/Magwayen: God of water. Or somekinda wizard.

Bulan/Mayari: god of moon.

Diwata: fairy

Bakunawa: moon eater.

Aswang: somekinda monster that particulartly feed on human liver,heart and also flesh.shape shifter into human or animal with similar size.

Manananggal: human with detached torso with batwings. Feeds on newborn babies of featus.

Your story is just going to be bullshit exact copies of LOTR and GOT, or it would be, if you actually got anywhere. You'll write a few pages and then get bored and forget about it.

Because that was already the plot of Everworld.

Oh. I don't know what that is.

I have actually been working on this for 2 years now! But feel free to think what you wish! I am motivated and wish to be original, I just thought this would be a good way to get rid of writers block!

Writer's block is a blasted curse.
Hot and kinky draugr sex should help.

Add some superheroes. Superelf. Supertroll.

Why! So many! Fucking! Exclamation! Marks!

Gaydolf of the realm. He only waves his magic wand at underaged boi elves.

I thought it made me seem friendly and enthused. Oh well.

Ok ill bite the Female Dwarven Berserker Gruntild decides she needs some man meat, she finds the poor starviing half elf waif Eglorn the despised and decides he will make a fine bit of flesh to raise in the Berserker tradition of Drunken sex and brawling. Wrinkle he kind of likes it.
pic related Gruntild

Why the fuck does it sound like you've gotten absolutely nowhere in the story after two fucking years then?

is this just the plot to oglaf

Here are two dumb but fun exercises I do when I can't get going.

A- go to Wikipedia and hit Random Page 10 times, writing down what all 10 topics were as a list. Then come up with a plot that includes all 10 things.

B- choose 5 or 6 people you know in real life, then create fantasy names based in their real names. Also imagine them in your world. Are they heroes. Villians? Which ones would thrive in your story?

Again, both exercises are just to keep your mind thinking creatively until you can get back into your project,

Because leaking a plot is fucking stupid.

It does. Ignore that faggot.

Ehh I'm just being a dick, sorry. I'll stop

I'm this guy too How far are you in your story, though?

Eggie
Of course our poor hero Eggie discovers he can do something retarded (shoot beams of lava from his dick when enraged or blow ice chunks out his ass when in danger whatever) just something beyond being the favorite pegging stool for Gruntild

It's fine, and I'm quite far actually! I just don't wish to tell people the story because I'm overly paranoid and think someone will steal an idea!

Maybe just take names from like Elder Scrolls but change them up. So like, Whiterun, you could name a place inspired by that.. Blackwall, Greenwood, that kind of thing. Just take nabs from other fantasies such as yours and change them up

They go off after the holy mcguffin of endless orgasms and Gruntild ends up getting knocked up by a forest troll giving Eggie the opportunity to run like fuck