NEIGH

horse neigh samples are fucking patrish

Can you think of anything else that talks, other than a person?

>DUDE WACKY SOUNDS LMAO

Trash album

>literally one song where they're clearly just having fun with all kinds of samples

how grumpy are you exactly bro?

ISDEXTERILLISDEXTERILLISDEXTERILL

THAT BOY NEEDS THERAPY

SIIIINNCE I LEEFFFT YOUUUU

top pleb

>MUH PROPELLER HEADS ARE BUTTER THAN POPLANCHES

stay mad wigger

I FOUND THE WOOOORLD SO NEEW

I've played this album for a bunch of friends and they almost always want to turn it off by "Radio". Mostly due to that one repetitive high-pitched noise.

fuck avalanches fans, your band is meme tier trash

UNDERSTAND

nice bad opinion

>tfw Wildflower was complete and utter dogshit aside from the first track

Will you all call me names if I post my autistic interpretation of Wildflower

It's basically SILY except it's focusing on the nostalgia themes than dance music. It's like The Avalanches playing in the afternoon and SILY was them playing at a late night lounge. I don't get how Wildflower gets so much hate from people who liked SILY. Did melonhead give it a low rating or something?

Think he gave it a 6 or something. In fairness though before that Sup Forums didn't like it.

I remember the thread when it leaked, everyone was going nuts at first, but then pretty much everyone said it was disappointing

Mr. Kirk, dexters in school!

No of course not, we'd love to hear it you autist.

It was just Frankie Sinatra that got hated on because it's electro swing.
But people were pretty happy with the rest of the album as far as I remember. That is if you adjust for the people who shat on it just to shit on things.

>it's electro swing

except it's not. that was a pretty shitty meme.

is it actually "met" or was I hoodwinked by Sup Forums

Yeah I don't know, I'm bad with identifying genres. But either way, that is why people hated it, because Sup Forumstants like to make things easy on themselves by liking or disliking anything that meets certain criteria

for sorry

The original sample says "met" indeed but either they tweaked it slightly into sounding like "left", or our brains just hear it that way because we know that's what the song is called. Similarly to how you hear "far" or "bar" depending on which mouth movement you're watching.

the original sample is met but they took an 'l' sound from elsewhere is the song to make it sound like left

Ok first of all I just wanna make it clear, I don't actually think this was intended by the band themselves. For all intents and purposes I think they just wanted to make an upbeat roadtrip album for the summer with some Beach Boys melodies. That being said we humans have pattern loving brains and this is what I'm seeing when I listen to this album

In 'The Leaves Were Falling' we hear the sound of music in the background, almost like we're leaving a house party on a typical saturday night that's spilling onto the street. The passing of time is pretty important, for the most part is seems that we are listening to events in a linear, chronological order, but that changes later on the song 'Colors'. 'Because I'm Me' isn't too important, but it makes me think the character we're following desperately needs to impress a girl who doesn't see anything in him.

'Subways', and 'Going Home' are pretty self explanitory, we're getting the train somwhere, but the song 'If I was a folkstar' is the beginning of a fatal trip; this character takes some kind of drug with the girl and fantasises about waking up side by side with her.

Ok nothing crazy so far, but the song Colours to me is the turning point. This is the point where the drugs really kick in and we've overdosed, about to die. This is what I think the rest of the album is...

The next song 'Zap' is a reversed piece of arranged instrumentation, with a vocal passage 'the only bad part about flying is having to come back down' (obvious enough). But because it's reversed I imagine the entire day flashing before our eyes in reverse, going all the way back to that morning, hence the following song 'The Noisy Eater' begins with lines like 'Cmon you gotta wake up'.

>cont.

The album takes a notable turn here musically. Everything sounds like a soundtrack to a disney cartoon, and it has a much more daytime sound than the first half. The songs 'Over the Turnstiles' and 'Sunshine' also suggest it's daytime, at a pool party, likely at the same house the album begins at, but earlier on. Saturday Night Inside Out is the closer and reminds me of a melancholic sunset, which would tie back nicely into the first track, which would be set in the late evening.

that's actually a really cool and interesting interpretation and you're an interesting person user

thanks senpai

>AVALANCHE ROCKIN' AVALANCHE ROCKIN' AVALANCHE ROCKIN'

*skips song*

OH, CAN'T YOU HEAR IT?
CAN'T YOU HEAR IT?

[spoiler]I know you heard it[/spoiled]

*skips song*

OH, CAN'T YOU HEAR IT?
CAN'T YOU HEAR IT?

[spoiler]I know you heard it[/spoiler]

MONEYYYYY