So the reason he's pushed so hard as THE Black actor is because of his British accent right? Like he's Black...

So the reason he's pushed so hard as THE Black actor is because of his British accent right? Like he's Black, but he doesn't sound Black so audiences can identify with him as a real human being.

is this supposed to be bait, or trigger someone?

think twice newfriend

I know this thread is bait but doesn't it seem like the new wave of Black actors in America is largely non-American? Idris Elba, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Lupita Nyong'o, etc.

Straight up not bait, it's something that just sort of hit me. Black Americans who speak in ebonics are only ever comedians.

The one Black serious actors to get pushed these days are largely non-American. I genuinely think that they believe American audiences wouldn't think an American black man speaking like an American black man would be taken seriously by audiences as an actor on the level that Leo or Matthew McConaughey are.

Like he needs that British accent to prove he's educated.

There is a reason Morgan Freeman is in and voices so many movies. He doesn't send a resounding pulse through you making you look at your door to make sure it is locked and check your wallet like you do when you hear ebonics.

Every serious black actor may not be foreign, but they will in the least sound white/educated.

That is one of the reasons Dominic in Persons of Interest was so scary. You judge him as a regular street punk, but then you realize there is a brilliant mind being constrained by his street thugishness.

not really related but it is a 007 thread and that is what I came here for.
I have never once watched a James Bond film, I am kinda interested in finally getting into it and I was wondering where I should start? Should I start with "Dr. No" the start of the Daniel Craig movies or some where in between?

>I have never once watched a James Bond film
Yet you browse Sup Forums for what? cunnyposting?
Jesus christ, Bond is casual as fuck and you haven't even seen a single film? For shame.

I don't browse Sup Forums this is my first time here, I am a weeb and go on Sup Forums, /m/, /jp/ and shit like that. I just wanted to get advice on Bond and figured people here would know best.

Audiences can identify with him because he's not a nigger. If you can't tell the difference between a black person and a nigger by now, I don't know what to tell you.

he is more white than 90% of the white Sup Forums posters than waste their lives ranting about how shit triggered them

the very fucking definition of whiteness is being out there and doing something to advance humanity

he is doing it. you are not.

We will help you become a man. Start with the earliest Sean Connery ones and work your way forward. They can be kind of cheasy sometimes, and you will understand why the Austin Powers movies were made, but most of them are really excellent.

Skip every Pierce Brosnan one except Goldeneye. It was his only good one. The others are mostly good with an occasional miss.

Eh, I think he's just universally handsome and the accent adds to this.

>Skip every Pierce Brosnan one except Goldeneye.
Holy shit this. I don't think I'll ever recover from Die Another Day.

Buy a 1996 Chevy Caprice. Get in a head on collision going at least sixty in the middle of a large city, close to a hospital.

The airbag will deploy late, stopping your heart in the process. When you wake up, make sure your dad is there, and he says to you "I'm sorry son, they had to amputate your penis". This of course won't be true, but the sum of the event will basically erase the awfulness of Die Another Day.

Protip: this works for Twilight as well.

Watch out senpai, you might cut yourself on those edges

I wasn't fucking around. This actually happened to me. Completely forgot about every shitty movie I had ever seen.

Also had an undying urge to eat a shit ton of Raisin Bran. Don't know what that was about.

This is a good question wrapped in meme faggotry. So the non-meme answer for you is that 1) he's basically neo-Will Smith with a mixture of neo-Denzel Washington, and 2) nobody else is in his lane right now to give worthwhile competition.

Ex., Don Cheadle is exceptional for serious scripts, but outside of Avengers he doesn't have a widely versatile physique or face.

Ex. 2, on the lower end is Michael B. Jordan. Creed was a good large step, but at his age he oh who fucking cares. I'm literally writing an analysis on someone who's got their life together while I wonder how everything went so wrong for my own. Fuck all of this

> le so randumb XDDD
cringing so hard right now. No wonder everyone else hates Sup Forums tryhards

>be black British actor
>be mostly known to audiences for characters with American accents
So what's the agenda?

His accent in common as muck in the UK. It's essentially London nignog speak.

Fucking cringe. Leave cunt.

> le trivialize your real life experience because I only live through movies and have no story to tell of my own.

Who has the edge now, bitch?

Use it on yourself why don't you. Horizontal and deep.

Samefagging this hard for (You)'s.

he doesn't say "bruv" in every other word though

I could be wrong, I'm not American so I'm just guessing here, but I think it's because non-American Blacks don't live with this mentality that they deserve everything just because their great great great great grandfather was a slave.

They're people, just like everyone else. So they have to be educated, and prove themselves through talent.

So it's more just that Black Americans are too fucking stupid to ever each the level of caliber that Idris Elba can.

>parents both work in elementary schools
>ask them about ebonics
>they tell me that teachers can't correct the students because they'll be called racist

I hate this country

Lol i dont even like movies and i havent visited this shit paedo board in years
P3ngu1ns of doo00oòmXDDD like you are the reason i wont be coming back for a long arse time

> raisin bran
> dont know what that was about
> y-you have no stories to tell of your own
Seek sunlight and female companionship you windowlicking cunt

Sweet. Mission completed.

Oh you master ruseman you
Tell us another made up randumb story m8

>That is one of the reasons Dominic in Persons of Interest was so scary. You judge him as a regular street punk, but then you realize there is a brilliant mind being constrained by his street thugishness.

I still miss that show :(

It's a mix of:

A.) Not being ugly

B.) Being a good actor

C.) Being non-threatening and talking normally

He's the only good black actor I can think of that seems to have a degree of versatility to him

he fucking stinks. chiwetal ejifor is 10 times better at acting but that wooden nigger elba gets lead roles.

Do all the retards ITT forget Denzel Washington exists?

i hate that stone look on his face, he's like a dog going blind. make a different face you non-acting fuck.

I know this is a meme comment, but Twilights not even that bad and is pretty comfy at times. Stewart was pretty qt in them too.

I mean, "le better love story than twilight Amirite? XD"