So Disney rescued Grand Admiral Thrawn from non-canon oblivion

So Disney rescued Grand Admiral Thrawn from non-canon oblivion

Are we likely to see any more revivals or nods?

Revan of course. Will probably do something to really create buzz like give him Kylo Ren's sword.

That would be a licensing nightmare. not going to happen

I was going to say Delta Squad but they have already been in Clone Wars so are canon (i think)

Disney owns all of Star Wars.

Didn't they already make Revan canon again in something else?

Either way Rogue Squadron.

Don't think so. Probably still to TORtanic, but that isn't canon anyway.

why would it be a licensing nightmare?

I'd like some stuff to reappear, but I want new stuff as well. Like that Lando comic

Rebels is alright, but goddamn the artstyle is such a step down from Clone Wars.

>ditch Thrawn in favor of Kylo Fucking Ren, then bring him back anyhow

>empire having xenos scum in positions of power

wtf i hate sheev now

Revan is killed by The Old Republic protagonist then has his pants stolen.

I think the idea is to have a variation of the Thrawn trilogy actually happen after "Return of the Jedi" and before "The Force Awakens", because it'd be pretty weird if Luke, Leia and Han were mostly just sitting on their asses all these years in between.

The real question is: Mara Jade or not?

it's too late, they've already fucked with the Thrawn canon, this is just pandering now

He is just that good

I'd like an explanation of who the big dog of the empire is, following the Sheev-Meister.
Because I was always under the impression that Tarkin was in a league of his own and the Grand Admirals a step below

Tarkin's backstory is currently canon and covered in the book "Tarkin"

>pupils

Darth BANE

my dick says yes

So it wasn't enough to kill this character; now they're going to rape his corpse by putting him in that failed abortion of a show.

that doesn't mean the own characters from a bioware game

He wasn't well known in the Empire (and totally unknown by the public) for that reason.

grand moff was a political (civilian) position/rank/title

grand admiral was strictly military

I predict thrawn appearing in the next star wars movie, played by the same actor that voices him in the rebels series. after returning from the outer rim

>mara jade

probably dead because of kylo ren

>Are we likely to see any more revivals or nods?
Just assume that Disney would recycle any ideas or characters they deemed worth their time. The fact is far too many authors had messed with the novel universe and Disney want it all reorganised. For example, the origin of the Millennium Falcon was a cluster-fuck, which resulted in Han Solo having the ship for only two years before A New Hope. This is outrageous, and only because every single author wanted to write a story with that ship leading to it being passed around like a village bicycle. Disney is right to burn all that down.

>So Disney rescued
>rescued

Disney a shit.

Better that than never to have existed in the first place.

The idea is that thrawn is that good at his job that sheev is willing to overlook his race

It does if the game was made as part of the Star Wars franchise under license.

How is it weird? Luke went off to start his Xavier's School for the Gifted Jedi and was busy discovering all the force sensitives throughout the galaxy while Leia and Han were too busy playing Hillary and Bill Clinton in galactic politics. Then Luke got his academy blown up and had to go off the grid, Leia pushed Han away, and Han left to relive his good old days just to get away from the fact that his son is now rebuilding the Empire.

It literally does.

Also emphasizes how Thrawn is more than willing to resort to xenocide, going against the galactic thought process of non-humans banding together for self preservation.

Eh, he came back more powerful so that's not a problem. They should just scrub TOR from the canon though. Only Kotor and Kotor 2 are good.

This makes me want to see Kyle Katarn come back, but I don't see it happening.

There's nothing aesthetically interesting about Kyle, so they're not going to bother trying adapt him, especially when there are plenty of other characters they can revive from the EU that are aesthetically interesting enough to garner attention. Darth Revan and Mara Jade both come to mind.

Eh, Kyle's kinda cool. He's a Luke/Han Solo hybrid. Revan is definitely coming back first though.

>Leia and Han were too busy playing Hillary and Bill Clinton in galactic politics
That kinda happens in the Thrawn trilogy anyway.
And a big part of those novels is about Luke finding out about how to be a Jedi Master and teaching others.

This glorious motherfucker! He should get a solo movie.

Kyle's basically been replaced by Kanan in the Rebels cartoon.

AWW YISS.
MOTHER.
FUCKING.
LIGHTSABER HELICOPTERS.

I hope they won't kill off Thrawn cause that would be a disaster for his persona, because if we are led to believe who he is then he shouldn't be defeated by some hack-job rebel fucks.

>They should just scrub TOR from the canon
thing is they don't officially include it as part of it anyway

Seriously. Much as I'd like to see some Thrawn, this isn't the right way to do it. These faggots have royally dropped the ball that was handed to them by TCW, and it's painfully obvious that there's this big push to make it more of a kids show.

Recent comic book introduced a stormtrooper commando unit, and with Respawn making a SW game and new canon being much more interwoven than the old EU, one can hope we will see Imperial Commando game one day.

>These faggots have royally dropped the ball that was handed to them by TCW
These are the same people who made TCW, my little contrarian friend.

Anyone else bothered that Thrawn is already an admiral at this point in the timeline? I know he's supposed to be a genius, but why not make him a junior officer that just flies through ranks thanks to his intellect?

I thought Thrawn was supposed to look ominous and evil. Like this.

I liked his hat.

Rebels really, really sucks at character design. Especially compared to clone wars.

Seriously? What the hell's going on over there at the studio?

Clone Wars had the a similar shit art style.

Disney happened.

You mean like this?
>muh Disney
Not even remotely. Both TCW cancellation plans and Rebels conceptualization predate the Disney buyout. Lucas poured his own money into TCW, while Rebels only has significantly lower budget.

That's sad but the screenshot I showed was from the game he appeared in.

>All these skeptical revan haters
Fuck off. Kotor was the best thing that come out of that shit universe.

>from the game he appeared in.
Like this then?

Kotor comic book was the best thing, yes.
Anyone who likes the Kotor game while hating TFA is nothing but a hypocrite, as both are literally retellings of ANH with elements of other two original movies thrown in. The game was good, but it's not even the best SW game out there.

I don't hate TFA. It just was stale and boring, just like the originals

>counting that
>not TIE Fighter, in which he plays a huge role in the (surprisingly deep and awesome) story

Eh, I just want to shitpost, I don't even like the new design.

They already had been bringing smaller things back from the EU, like the Interdictor Cruiser. I doubt they'll stop now.

Now I know that this is going to sound very memey but tell me about Cad Bane, why does he wear the mask? Seriously, what purpose do the pipes serve? We have seen him without them before with no differences.

Disney ruins everything they touch.
>VII
>Rebels
>Eye rebul m8

All terrible.

Wtf? I hate my childhood now.

Counters poisonous gases and attempted chokings I think.

Not retconing chest candy was a mistake.

He is also getting a standalone adult novel by the same author as the Heir to the Empire trilogy. He's also going to be looking over and giving approval to the Rebels inclusion of the character, so I don't think there is much to worry about

>Grand Admiral Thrawn

>not Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo

>YFW WE FIND OUT THRAWN DIES IN SOME RETARDED WAY BEFORE THE FORCE AWAKENS

>destroy EU
>rebuilds EU as Disney canon

>part in Tarkin where he orders all the interdictor cruisers to operate and causes a fatal collision of starships

>Lucasfilm dismantles the EU because it's bloated and incoherent
>reintroduces certain elements and characters that can fit while making them different

Stop. The EU was a mess because of that canon tier system and authors 1uping each other. For example, that bitch Karen Travis killing Mara jade without permission to that edgy motherfucker.

>implying old EU isn't better than this current steaming pile of crap called "canon"

What comic is that?

Star Wars (2015)

One of the more recent issues

>implying your opinion is right
Stay mad Legends/EU fag. How's that billboard going?

Between this and Traviss writing the Mando eps this year what more do you need

>how to write a star wars EU book
>take normal saying like "cat got your tongue?"
>replace normal parts with space sounding shit
>"Geonosian sandshrew got your tongue?"
>repeat for 200 pages

Sheev isn't racist in canon.

He's still canon m8

Traviss isn't writing shit for Star Wars.

>Traviss isn't writing shit for Star Wars.
Thank god.

>implying the new canon isn't worse
Whatever, user

She's not writing them, just consulted like Zahn was for Thrawn

>Traviss writing the Mando eps this year
I know you're baiting, but still.

No shes not. She was fired after she threw her shitfit and that post when she likened fans of the Jedi to Nazis.