Did you know that homophobia is worse than a monster that kills and eats people?

Did you know that homophobia is worse than a monster that kills and eats people?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ZCUCi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where was the homophobia? This show was set in the 80s anyway, people were less accepting of fags back then compared to now.

I don't understand. Are they saying that the show itself is homophobic or that the show does a good job of showing what homophobia was like at the time?

LE FUCKING SJW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>takes place in the early 80s
>in a radically different social climate than now
>lgbt people are literally a million times better off now than then
>wow so relatable and scary lol

OK.

SJW mind can't seperate between the two.

The fuck these faggots talking about??

I prefer the interpretation that it's a government agency experimenting with extra dimensional powers and the ensuing cover up.

Bullies called the kids "fags" and "queer" once or twice

These fucking losers can find a way to complain about anything

There's like 2 scenes total where Will is discussed as possibly being gay and it's just gossip.

Where was the homophobia in Stranger Things, and if it existed, why was it worse than anything else in the show?

Can I read this obvious bait article somewhere?

Here's a link. Enjoy, try not to laugh (or cry)

archive.is/ZCUCi

I'm not clicking that.

It's an archive website so you don't give the original site clicks or ad revenue

They still do

Yo you still haven't grasped the metaphorical aspect of film.

That shit is old school, 'cuck' reigns supreme

Oh wow. Somebody should tell those bullies they're committing a hate crime. This will not stand.

what the fuck it's 80's for fuck's sake, its like criticizing movie about nazi germany for not being good.

>Their status as outsiders resonates for LGBT viewers, and the slurs used to describe them — “perverts,” “fairies,” “queer,” “weirdo” — sound all too familiar.
>“You can tell that he knows it was wrong,” one character, Steve (Joe Keery), says slyly in front of one of these outsiders, Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton), in one chilling scene. Steve circles around Jonathan like prey, before smashing the young man's camera. “But that’s the thing about perverts. It’s hardwired into them. They just can’t help themselves.”

>weirdo
>an lgbt slur

>In fact, nearly every episode of the eight-part series contains an antigay slur or an act of bullying aimed at characters who step outside the borders of heteronormativity.
>bullies are pretty much only in like 3 or 4 episodes (beginning, when they say Will is dead, at the assembly and when they corner Mike and Dustin)

This has fucking nothing to do with homophobia.

There's so much more wrong with this article and the author should kill thimself

>There's so much more wrong with this article and the author should kill thimself
Welcome to literally 99.99% of "
journalists" nowadays

Nazi Germany was very problematic, m8.

Well, homos are mentally ill so they're gonna see things that aren't there.

what LGBT themes or subtext you fucking retards?
post modern analysis must die

Back to your hugbox, manbaby

yeah thats what kids do, they call each other names

Yeah but it's illegal to hurt the feelings of someone who's not a straight white male.

no there isn't
it is mentioned that his father called him a queer
presumably because he didn't want to go hunting or to a baseball game and likes books and science and D&D
its just the father being a deadbeat

>It's a I read too fucking much into things episode
This people should use their brains to get a job and become productive members of the society instead of wasting it into illusions and mental gymnastics

Which character is the obviously queer one? Is it Finn Wolfhard? I hope it is. He's very attractive.

>>“You can tell that he knows it was wrong,” one character, Steve (Joe Keery), says slyly in front of one of these outsiders, Jonathan Byers (Charlie Heaton), in one chilling scene. Steve circles around Jonathan like prey, before smashing the young man's camera. “But that’s the thing about perverts. It’s hardwired into them. They just can’t help themselves.”
They seemed to have miss why they were demeaning Jonathan, he was being a peeping tom and photographing the other kids and Nancy at the pool party and getting undressed

This is something gay people can relate to and identify with?

>>In fact, nearly every episode of the eight-part series contains an antigay slur or an act of bullying aimed at characters who step outside the borders of heteronormativity.
Thats what dumbass bullies do, they call people/things gay, fag, queer, etc
Why? They're idiots? They want to identify it as something that is Other and Outside? They want to desperately reassure their own heterosexual identity? They're idiots?

Finn Wolfhard plays Mike
The character Mike obviously has a crush on the character El
The character El is a girl
So it is highly unlikely that Mike is queer

Is she the one that looks like a dude? Close enough. They fug?

>This is something gay people can relate to and identify with?
Have you ever heard gay guys describe what they get up to at parties and public change rooms and toilets?
I've had to work with these people and listen to their gossip, makes me want to vomit

So if you're into guys that look like girls you're straight?

Epic, i like it

Found the LGBBQ

>its the if you like girls with short hair or are androgynous you are gay episode
literally kill yourself

No, I'm just saying I don't care. I thought that girl was a dude. Still do. The question was do they fug?

Yeah, because the monster that kills and eats people is fictional.

>I thought that girl was a dude.
face blindness is a key indicator of autism

>The question was do they fug?
No, they kiss like at the end of the season, and not even a long kiss

That's not what face blindness is.

Is it cute as shit?

this is my favourite Sup Forums meme. upvoted.

>there is nothing in the real world that could kill and eat you

>tfw no andro shorthaired gf

yes
Mikes trying to describe how she can come live with him and be like a family, but not like a sister because that would be gross and maybe go to the Winter Ball with him

When was there anything homophobic in Stranger Things

There wasn't even any gay characters

Is it literally just that people used gay as an insult? Are my SJW senses not tightly tuned enough to register every single minor offensive word that's muttered?

That's what kids do. It's what they did in the 80's and It's what they do now. If you tell kids to stop saying gay and fag they're just going to say gay and fag more.

>Is it literally just that people used gay as an insult?
I think they could be seriously doing what Sup Forums has been trolling: interpreting the monster/els powers/wills abduction as some sort of LGBT subtext

I dont know whats worse? Sup Forums shitposting that, or other people independently thinking it up on their own and genuinely believing it?

Why are you going on and on about this piece of shit show?

The homophobia is fictional as well you sperg