Oldest band in the world

What's the oldest music band with traceable lineage (same name, gradually replaced members, not necessarily original members still active)?

Google says "Rolling Stones" (1962) but I'm sure there must be some (in America?) older or much older than that.

Also, symphonic orchestras don't qualify, because I say so. Something smaller and with less anonymous members. Chamber orchestras could be fine.

''Beach boys'' 1961

Aren't the blind boys from Alabama still going since like the 40s? Like you said, gradually replaced, but I think they're still a band.

Also the four freshmen have been a band since 1948

Metallica

Royal artillery band , 1557

Hackberry Ramblers lasted from 1933-2011.

Death Grips

Nice one. And the two original (from 1939!) members still sing.

Are there any cases of a band being gradually replaced so that no original members are left? Not counting manufactured pop groups like Sugababes.

TVU is the only one I can think of

Mormon Tabernacle Choir- founded 1847

>this image
hahaha what the fuck

Napalm Death

Sepultura I think

Mr. Poop and The Butt Squirshers

Mr. Poop and The Butt Squirshers (MPATBS) were a scat band that were active from 1951 till 1978. Their first big hit was 1963's "Brown Stuff Out My Ass", which made it to no.2 (lol get it) o the charts. "Brown Stuff" was released as a single with "Don't Use That Toilet Paper (I Need It To Wipe My Ass)" and made them a kajillion eighty dollars.

napalm death

Lynyrd Skynyrd only has like one guy left, yet they still tour. Hell, he might even be dead by now.

Most early 70's prog bands that are still touring have had this happen.
>pic EXTREMELY RELATED

mozart

In Flames

I might form a band called Ship of Theseus just so I can replace all the members and then leave the band myself and let them carry on

Yes Sepultura has no original members but is still touring

These people. I win

Everyone in this thread is is an idiot. The obvious answer is the Duke Ellington band and I'm astounded no one else has mentioned it yet

The La's had this happen before they even released an album

>imagine those grannies used to be qt3.14 when they were young

Age is the worst enemy on beauty.

damn...

King Crimson, except for Robert Fripp

damn...

I somehow doubt it but whatever

Gwar

They're joining up in August

Didn't know they had the Crypt Keeper on their lineup.

el damo...

This happened abruptly rather than gradually to Christian Death. Rozz Williams replaced everyone who was on Only Theatre of Pain and the himself left a couple of years later.

The Carter Family has been going since 1927, with only short breaks at certain points

>Christian Death
>anything post Theatre of Pain

S
A
V
A
G
E

There's also getting mauled by a chimp or having down's syndrome