Life lessons and bits of wisdom for anons to share with other anons

Life lessons and bits of wisdom for anons to share with other anons.

>the more you fight against something mental, the more likely it is to be a problem in the future

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5KLPxDtMqe8
youtube.com/watch?v=hiduiTq1ei8
youtube.com/watch?v=oB5LcFNLZk0
youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8WPdGvmSE
youtube.com/watch?v=pi1bDAPxoWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Money cant make you happy, but it can eliminate a lot of problems that make you unhappy. Pay your bills first, then be happy.

>Never make a school shooting joke around your teacher

How about never make school shooting jokes, ever. Because they aren't ever funny. You nigger faggot.

Experience is only as credible as how it's interpreted.

Correlation is not causation.

Ignorance and delusion often go hand in hand.

There's more to life than sex, drugs, and money.

I guess i'll go with you.
Just to be on the right side of the bullet.

The brain of an adolescent is very plastic and able to create strong, lasting neuro-connections relative easily.
One's ability to strengthen one's aptitude is significantly reduced past the age of around 25 years.
After that, one's ability to strengthen one's bare basic ability to do things like memorize things, calculate, all other things stemming from that is just significantly reduced.
However, one's ability to recall stored information quickly and keep long-term memory is significantly increased.
Also, one can still learn and apply various techniques to improve one's ability of memorizing things and what not.
Knowledge, intelligence, and determination can compensate for each other.

youtube.com/watch?v=5KLPxDtMqe8
youtube.com/watch?v=hiduiTq1ei8

MMA is a great first martial art for various reasons.
MMA incorporates striking and grappling, but also various ways to mix striking and grappling.
If you later decide you want to do striking, you'd be better off than if you were to start with a grappling art.
If you later decide you want to do grappling, you'd be better off than if you were to start with a striking art.
If you later decide you want to do self defense, you'll be better off than starting with a pure striking or pure grappling art, since self defense incorporates both striking and grappling.

MMA is better than pure grappling arts for self defense because in self defense, if you go to the ground, it only takes one other opponent to fuck your shit up, family.
MMA is better for self defense than pure striking arts because you're opponent isn't going to go up against you under honorable striking rules, grappling is a real threat, especially if the opponent took wrestling in middle school, high school, college, or was put in some martial art as a kid.
With MMA, you just need to remember to try to stay on your feet. If you happen to get grappled, you'll know what to do, unlike pure strikers a lot of the time.
Not to mention how MMA is the best base for MMA. MMA is tons of fun, it's a more well developed game because striking as well as grappling is allowed. Boxers can use all their legal moves in MMA, Kickboxers can use all their legal moves in MMA, Muay Thai practitioners can almost use all their legal moves in MMA, Knockdown Karate practitioners can use all their legal moves in MMA, wrestlers can use all their legal moves in MMA, etcetera, and then some.
It's like the difference between Dig Dug and Call of Duty.

Your mother in law may say nice things, she may pretend, but look up at the dinner table and for sure you're going to notice her staring at you in disbelief that you married her daughter. Oh, and the same thing goes for your sister in law. Basically a study is saying the reason why is selfish, too. According to some research coming from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, the reason is because that they want things that are best for their family clan and not necessarily what's best for their sibling or child. They use Shakespeare to help explain their findings, specifically, Romeo and Juliet. Juliet's mother wanted her to marry Paris and not Romeo because he came from a good family, right? See, selfish. She was hoping some of that money would come her way, subconsciously or not. With sisters, they found that picking a spouse for their siblings, they prioritized things like empathy, responsibility, and being helpful. Meanwhile for themselves, they preferred traits like sincerity, humor, fun, and sexual satisfaction.

Some basic information:

30 decibels = whispering

55-60 decibels = normal conversation

70-80 decibels = busy restaurant

80 decibels = New York traffic

90 decibels = subway train, lawn mower

100 decibels = headphone center volume setting

110 decibels = home theater center volume setting

120 decibels = rock concert

130 decibels = headphone highest volume setting

140 decibels = jet plane takeoff 300 feet away

150 decibels = rock concert spike

160 decibels = 12-gauge shotgun blast

Hearing damage occurs after 8 hours of continuous exposure to 85 decibels; 4 hours at 88 decibels; 2 hours at 91 decibels; 1 hour at 94 decibels; 30 minutes at 97 decibels; 15 minutes at 100 decibels; 7.5 minutes at 103 decibels; 3.75 minutes at 106 decibels; 1.8 minutes at 109 decibels; 55 seconds at 112 decibels; 28 seconds at 115 decibels.

Don't eat the yellow snow.

The way of the samurai is found in death. Meditation of inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped appart by arrows, rifles, spears, and swords; being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightening, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand foot cliffs, dying of disease, or comitting seppuku at the death of one's master. In every day without fail, one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the way of the samurai.

youtube.com/watch?v=oB5LcFNLZk0

Once upon a time, there was a young monk.
This monk studied and practiced martial arts, and enjoyed it so.
The monk was hiking through a forest, and eventually found a mountain.
Upon reaching the top of the mountain, he found a bracelet.
He put it on.
The bracelet made it so he could only do 80% as well as he could without the bracelet on, but the bracelet would bring him pleasure, despite the lasting permanent effects it has on his mind.
The monk continued to study and practice with the bracelet on, and noticed how it made him weak, even though he still performed a lot higher than his fellow monks.
He would even do well despite how the bracelet caused him to sit still doing nothing productive while it left him in pleasure.
Many rises and falls of the moon had past, and the monk had contemplated and meditated on the subject of the bracelet and his life.
The monk came to the conclusion that he valued mastery and knowledge of martial arts more highly than he did pleasure.
The monk realized that he would forever be further away from his goals with martial arts because of the bracelet.
Though he struggled, the monk was able to cast the bracelet into a volcano so that it may corrupt him no longer.
The monk then shed a bittersweet tear, the monk knew that he could continue strongly on the martial arts journey he had decided for his life, though he also knew that he would forever be less of a man than he would've been if he were to never have discovered the bracelet.
The monk stored his story in the archives so that all monks after him may be enlightened, and not make similar mistakes to those that he had made.

Usually your parents used to be just like you. Smoke and drink and fuck everything. Thought their parents were retards. Knew it all and more than their parents.

I understand they are dull. But the reason is they settled down to raise your sorry ass. If not for you they would still be doing what they were doing. So cut them some slack and listen. I know I wish i had. Now with my own very young children all the pieces fit together. And hopefully someday it will with you too

I'll bite. What is it?
Fulfillment? Happiness? Joy? Christmas spirit?

>stop doing what makes you feel shitty

I wish I was born when boxing was the greatest blood sport of all. You really miss the point here, MMA is not about art, boxing was and MMA is just trying to do the same thing, but it's not even close. MMA is about fighting and wining, it doesn't have a spirit, no history... it's just comercial garbage, like wrestling.

>What is it?
That's the thing, it can be anything, not just that shallow bullshit.

These things fulfil instant gratification, but the good feelings it gives you never lasts.

>it doesn't have a spirit, no history
You see what you want to see, you see not what you do not want to see.
You believe what you want to believe, you believe not what you do not want to believe.

Or you're just posting b8.

You got something wrong there, sex, drugs and money are the replacements for people who didn't find an answer for the same question you're wondering... You'll eventualy end up doing the same things, because there isn't a real answer. It's shallow? Of course, but so is our lifes.

Just doing a quick turing test with you.
What's more relevant and rich with content:
>~500 years of history
>25 years of anal fisting

There are more biologically and psychologically healthier ways to achieve what sex, drugs, and money provide.

>It's shallow? Of course, but so is our lifes.
These things lack fulfilment, they just provide temporary pleasure to distract you.

Life is anything but shallow.

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8WPdGvmSE

It depends on how you define
>anal fisting

25 years of non-stop anal fisting differs from a total of 25 years worth of anal fisting over a period of time.

As the fisting continues, you become desensitized to the pleasure, and the pain is intensified.
As the friction inside of your anal cavity continues, your anus begins to break down, more and more.
The pain in your anus will grow at a faster rate than you will become desensitized to the pain.

Eventually, it will be nothing but pain, no pleasure.

How would you define aproximately 80 years of existence in a place with more than 4,5 billion years old, in a galaxy with more than 12 billions of years, in a galaxy which will endure more than that?

People don't understand what introversion is.

youtube.com/watch?v=pi1bDAPxoWY

One's own personal, limited time. To truly maximize one's pleasure, one will not do so by pursuing pleasures that are short lived.

Impulsivity, more often than not, fails to aid one in achieving one's goals.
Impulsivity, more often than not, leads one to pursue sex, drugs, and money.

Invest in your knowledge, invest in yourself.

Humans are emotional creatures.

When humans are emotional, they get more stupid.

There you go, you find more rich and entertaining anal fisting, that's why you like mma.

I think that the real truth of people who don't have any of these three in excess is that they're the perfect ingredients for escapism.
People who throw away their time to get money way often didn't had the time to tend for themselves on the way, they find themselves with what they want after all, but not happy.

Knowlege is sadness. /sage

Don't fuck crazy. The end.

The more you avoid something, the more you want to do it.

Also

If you want to do something, but are too nervous. Just do it.

Don't regret the past. It only makes you scared of the future. - Anons dad

>don't make a hobby you like a job.
you will grow to hate the hobby
>don't work for a friend
>when you start to get fucked over, put the foot down fright away. be firm, but don't make it a big deal
>don't speak unless spoken to
>the difficult decision is usually the best choice overall.
>don't let pride get in the way of someone that cares about you trying to help you.

It doesn't matter how old you are.You would never be able to grow up if your entire life depends on other people's opinions and desires.

Also, buy a lot of comfortable underwear, it makes your life much easier.

True happiness comes with accepting your insecurities and embracing them with open arms.

I assume you mean WWE which is garbage but completely different from MMA

>There you go, you find more rich and entertaining anal fisting, that's why you like mma.
Anal fisting is but a small part of history.

>I think that the real truth of people who don't have any of these three in excess is that they're the perfect ingredients for escapism.
We all try to escape our pains; tis but human nature, as well as nurture.

>People who throw away their time to get money way often didn't had the time to tend for themselves on the way, they find themselves with what they want after all, but not happy.
Maybe what they truly wanted was happiness, but failed to understand that money wasn't the path to it.

>Knowlege is sadness. /sage
Knowledge is. Knowledge is also the means to reduce, prevent, and minimize sadness. Knowledge is also the means to eliminate sadness.

It's said that when your life drops to its lowest point, then there's no way to go but up. But I don't know where the lowest point is

You can only enjoy a vacation because it will end someday.
You can only keep working because it will end someday.
An endless summer vacation is no different than an eternal hell!
Thank your lucky stars!
Be thankful that your life has both obligations and vacations, both ups and downs!

What's so bad about dying? If sonner or later, doesn't make any difference.
Even if you continue your life, you only receive pain.
There is no reason. No reason to live.
You would be better off dead.

There is nothing sad about dying.
It's better than living with no purpose

Notice how poetry and foggotry sound similar?? It's because they are man, they really are.

Let your Yes mean Yes and your No mean No.

If everything/everyone seems to go against you, maybe you're on the wrong side of the road, bro.

What are you, a faggot?

Or maybe you're on the right side of it.

>Notice how poetry and foggotry sound similar
>poetry and foggotry
>foggotry

Weow faggot

A foggot

Theres Nothing more beautiful than true love. Dont let anyone ever tell you something else

fucking this^infinity.

one of the biggest mistakes of my life was pushing the only girl that really did love me away. i wish i could turn back the clock and kick my own ass.

Sorry to hear man.

What game is that from? I remember, but cant seem to pinpoint it.

Life lessons and bits of wisdom.