What is the PROPER way to prepare steak?

What is the PROPER way to prepare steak?

Well-done with ketchup

Microwave for 20 to 30 minutes.

Don't get a steak with gristle for starters.

trash it and get a pork steak

to not eat it all. I think deep down you know that it's wrong to eat animals. You don't need meat to survive. If you cut tofu into flat sections you can cover it in bbq sauce and fry it and it practically the same as steak.

with your mouth you stupid fuck

thats a classic ribeye cut you noob

Meat is murder, asshole. I'm half tempted to link you to my tumblr profile so you can learn a thing or two.

Get a cow and walk it through a warm kitchen

Please link me to your tumblr profile

I'm a fan of ovens.

This guy gets it.

There's a whole Subreddit for that, silly :P

I really don't care.
If you want to eat it straight off the fucking live cow... good for you.
I like mine medium-well and I really don't care if you think that's a waste of beef.
Just fucking enjoy shit and stop being so concerned with other people's preferences.

Kys fag

However you prefer it. Saying that, most prefer it in a way they can't actually stand, but they're trying to impress something/say something.

That's medium rare

grill or smoke it

Only way to eat beef. Only faggots eat that shit bloody

Fat gives it taste

>implying anything other than well done isn't raw steak

Actually cooked (well done) with A1 steak sauce is best.

Depends on the thickness of the cut, but between medium-rare and medium

Start with a good cut.

Filet Mignon is shit. Don't believe the hype. Yeah its soft, but there's zero fucking flavor without help. Example:
A T-bone consists of a NY Strip and a Filet. The Filet on this cut will ALWAYS have more taste than the one off because the bone itself will impart its own flavors as it cooks.

Go for a natural bone-in cut. I love the T-bone and the Porterhouse.

Sprinkle some salt on your board. A good bit. Lightly press the beef against the salt, both sides.

Let it sit while you prepare your grill. Make sure that fucker is HOT. Not high heat, just HOT. Put that steak on before your grill is ready and you might as well toss it out. You'll know you're good when a spritz of water sizzles and you don't lose any flame.

Say your steak is an inch thick: Put that beef on for 9 minutes per side. Flip it ONCE and don't fucking touch it. Some chefs will turn it 45 degrees halfway through one side to get the grill lines, but this is purely aesthetic.

When it's done, take it off the grill and put it on a board. At this point you can set at pat of butter on top or just give a light shake of salt. Let it REST 5-7 minutes. You'll know it's time to cut when the juice swelling from the top isn't visibly red, but trust that the middle is a perfect Medium Rare.

Good luck man, enjoy that shit.

>/thread
Anyone who eats steak differently than our supreme leader is a brainwashed libcuck.

Obviously bait.

Look at this fucking faggot.

I can't wait until we are allowed to cook and eat vegans.

>9 minutes per side

into the fucking trash it goes

I'm all about a rare steak as well, but I do enjoy a nice pan seared crust, if only for the texture contrast.

Well done with mayo and A-1.

not op, but thanks user

9 minutes per side varies widely depending on grill. On my gas grill, 4-5 mins per side makes it medium-rare. When you press your finger into it, it should have the same feel as pressing into the fatty part of your hand under the thumb.

My favorite from some chef dude on youtube. Pull steaks out of fridge for at least 30 minutes to warm to room temp. While this is going on set your grill to high heat. Rub mixture of olive oil and ground up beef bullion on steaks. Throw steaks on grill, 4 minutes first side. Flip and 3 more minutes for rare, 4-5 for medium, 5-6 for well done.

I like mine with horse radish sauce.

On the grill. A MAN's grill. None of that gas shit.

The vegetarian diet is lethal for humans. Don't believe me if you want, but I bet you're not a vegetarian.

by boiling it in milk and with a side of jellybeans

that shit looks overcooked.

There's an episode of "Good Eats" where Alton 'nigger gravedigger' Brown will school your ass on steak preparation

thats not a rib eye cut....

idk I'm vegan

This guy has it, I would argue that rotating for a cross hatch grill mark is for more than just appearance though. Those grill marks have gone through the maillaird reaction pretty thoroughly and impart a bad ass flavor.
I love trying to crust up both sides of the steak so if I'm not putting the steak in a chimney, I'm a fan of a good pan sear. Get some oil piping hot (don't burn it, let it just start to smoke), and pop that steak in the pan. I normally throw a good hand of salt on both sides for about 5 minutes prior, too long and you pull a lot of juice out. It helps getting some to a bit closer of the surface though for aforementioned maillaird awesomeness. Don't fucking move the steak as you will stop the process. Depending on thickness you can flip after a minute and a half or so (you get better the more you make). Sear the other side now for the same time. Anything for than an inch you will 2ant to increase time. Now my favorite thing to do at this point is to get some garlic cloves and crush them up, skin intact and throw them in the pan. Add like two heaping tablespoons of butter, and some thyme or oregano or whatever you want. Let that butter brown and baste the shit out of your meat.
DO NOT FORGET TO REST YOUR STEAK. This is super important as the juice will start to soak back into the meat instead of ending up all over your plate. If you rest it too long and it gets cold, just heat it back up a bit and you are golden. Any more tips, let me know (I work in a high end kitchen)

kill yourself you classless fag

see above

Anywhere from blue rare to medium depending on the cut / specific piece. I use the sous vide method these days with reverse sear over charcoal or just on the griddle depending. Light S&P seasoning, sometimes a little garlic and onion powder. This is the best method I have found so far.

However you like it Op.
If you like the way it taste then you done it right.

That sounds so good.

>tofu
>practically the same as steak

In the same way that your empty sack is the same as normal testicles

I wish I could come to your house and beat you with a shovel

Lol

There's nothing on your, or anyone else's, tumblr page that would make me reconsider eating meat.

I kill and butcher some of my own meat, and it tastes good.

If you cook it beyond medium, then you are wasting your money (which is, of course, entirely up to you). You may as well use cheaper cuts of meat.

This is very close to my method (minus the beef bullion). I also let it rest for about 5 minutes.

Microwave it for 6 minutes, add ketchup, microwave for 2 more.

holy shit i'm so fucking hungry

Heat oven on bake to 500 degrees with a 12 inch DRY cast iron skillet inside. Lightly oil, salt, and pepper the fridge thawed steak. when oven has reached temperature leave sit for 5 minutes to make sure the skillet is up to heat. Lay steak on first side for 30 seconds, flip, let it lay for 30 seconds. lay on side 1 and close in oven for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness of meat. flip and close in oven for 2-3 minutes.

Remove, place on plate. LET IT SIT FOR & MINUTES. DON'T TOUCH IT. The juices (myoglobin) distribute through the steak so it all has flavor

enjoy. If you put steak sauce on it you need your testicles cut off, covered in glitter, and used as tiny disco balls.

7 minutes, not & minutes.

>works in "high end kitchen"
>says to heat up oil without specifying oil (widely different smoking temperatures)
>says to sear in pan, correct, but forgets to say finish it in oven as is done in every restaurant
>"high end kitchen" meaning Wendy's

Look at this fucking faggot.

Thanks for reminding me. Supposed to let it rest under some aluminium foil for 5 minutes before you serve.

Trump/10

>sous vide

Be sure to savor that lingering aftertaste of a hint of plastic that infuses into the meat.

The more fat a cut has, the more it should be cooked. But in no case should good quality beef be cooked beyond medium+.

Filet has almost no fat, so is tastiest if eaten rare to medium rare. It's pretty forgiving though due to its tenderness, so it won't be too tough if it's over cooked.

Ribeye or strip steak on the other hand, if served rare, will likely be tough because the fat and connective tissue won't have time to heat up and soften/liquify. The conversion of connective tissue to gelatin, along with the Maillard reaction, is what makes fatty cuts taste better than leaner ones. If you pull them off the heat too fast, you end up with very chewy, sinewy bites of meat.

tl;dr not all cuts should be cooked to the same temperature

Nononononono ur doing it all WRONG

There isn't a proper way. It all depends on personal preference.

This. You assholes are making me want a steak.

Oil, in frying pan, very little so it doesn't stick, like paperthin, flip it around, cut to see if you cooked it to your desired degree, inside half pink is okay, salt it up with what ever you got or like, of course there's different ways, but that's the easiest at home

>thawed steak

A) never buy frozen or previously frozen steaks
B) putting a cold steak in a 500 degree pan for 30 seconds will result in meat sticking to the pan and tearing when you try to flip it. Meat should be flipped when it comes free from the pan, not based on an arbitrary amount of time.

still attched to the cow with the heart still beating

Tell that to anyone who knows how to prepare a steak.

My dinner last night. Fillet Mignon, New York Strip or Porterhouse pretty much two-three times a week.

Try to be more like me.

I'm eating steak right now

>Cutting a steak to see how well cooked it is
>Breaking the juice seal and ruining the flavor
>Being this new

The fuck is wrong with you. Jesus fucking Christ.

>steak 2-3 times a week
enjoy your hypertension and high cholesterol

Always let your steak come up to room temperature first (approx 30-60 min out of fridge). Dab meat dry with paper towel and salt and pepper both sides generously. Grill on as high heat as you can. A few minutes each side (use thermometer to hit 135degF internal temp for med rare)

Not as good as the other day. Here's my timestamp

What are you eating, store bought trash? My steaks come frozen from my personal butcher from young steers I've raised myself on the ranch, when done properly freezing does no damage to the meat and is a great storage method for keeping meat fresh.

2, I said THAWED, as in no longer frozen and just cool. Allowing a steak to become warm is just dangerous, and it will NOT stick to the pan, if anything it will just lightly char and release easily. how far in your ass did you have to dig to get that "when it comes free from the pan" bullshit?

Bullshit. Everyone has different dietary needs, my grandfather eats nothing but different variations of ground beef and steak every day for every meal and will be celebrating his 98th in a month with perfect health, and the lowest cholesterol the hospital has seen of anyone over 60.

Do you ask for filets in the shape of a cock and balls, or was this just a happenstance?

Also, if that's a fairly routine dinner for you then what made you snap a photo of last night's iteration?

enjoy your anemia and iron deficiency from lack of steak

>fish 2x a week
>chicken 1x a week
>veg only 2x a week

The only place to buy steak is directly from the butcher.

Boil for 1 hr, add cabbage at 1/2 hr mark

>juice seal

A steak is not a ziploc full of water

Nicking the center of the steak will not cause all the fat and myoglobin to instantly drain from the entire half pound of beef.

Does it remind you of your father's cock and balls?

>Juice Seal
>kek

Took a fine time to leave me juice seal

No

It reminds me of your mother's

that steak looks delicious but your middle finger skill needs work. shit is limp and laughable. put some feeling into it.

Real men eat only dried meat anything else is for sissies.
Prove me wrong faggots
>protip:YOU CANT

By roasting it

If you see a cock and balls in an abstract shape then you clearly have that on your mind, faggot.

I took the picture last year, but had the same meal last night (USDA Prime fillet mignon medium-rare with salt and pepper, potato hash, salad, bread and Guinness Stout).

british people always order their stake well-done(burnt), if theres anything I've learned from british food its that the opposite is how it should really be done.

>freezing does no damage to the meat

Except burst the cell walls, so that when thawed, the liquid contents melt and drain out, leaving a tough, dry piece of "meat."

I love that album

Whoah no tumbler threats Hardcore

also no seasoning, takes away from the flavor of the meat

Don't break the Jew Seal.

What a sad, sad life you must have.

WELL DONE not fucking raw. I love to bite my steak and get my mouth filled with blood

> so much flavour

>Had fish fillets in freezer
>usually only leave for few days, still fine
>these ones been buried for years
>literally like styrofoam

Pan sear then put in oven. It's that fucking simple. Whether its medium rare or medium well (rare and well-done are for fucking faggots and queers) thats the only way to do it.