Tfw no band of nerdy friends to play DnD with

>tfw no band of nerdy friends to play DnD with

kill me now

>be aspie as fuck
>lack the imagination to do stuff like play DnD

just end this nightmare

do aspies not get imaginations?

what happens when i tell you to imagine something?

like you're trapped in a prison cell and there's a box that says DO NOT OPEN next to you, you open it and what is inside the box?

No. I think usually they do have good imaginations. I just don't.

I can kinda imagine the scenario you painted but can't imagine what would happen next

I binge watched this the other day and it was actually really entertaining. The small goblin dude was definately the funniest. But the improv style really worked well.

Made me wish there was more fantasy comedy programs out there

Brian Poshein had a podcast for ages where he played DnD that was comfy as fuck to listen to

I think one episode was animated, or I imagined that

In any event it's good, it goes for hundreds of episodes

Nerd Poker is its name

>go to nearest comic book/tabletop store
>hang around and strike up conversations with the people who are there regularly

You'll be invited to join a campaign in no time.

but theyre probably all feminists and shit... like theyd get angry when i made a joke about the woman being the strongest in the party

i cant walk that tightrope of censorship

>strike up conversations

How heavily scripted is HarmonQuest?

www.roll20.net

You can find people and play online.

the dungeonmaster wizard scripts the whole thing...

This show was very enjoyable. I think Harmon, the male guests and the goblin guy were consistently funny.

The redhead lady and the female guests always fucking tried too hard or just didn't get how to have fun with the game.

>The redhead lady
I've never watched a single episode of this but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess her name was "Felicia"?

Nope. Harmon's ex-wife Erin McGathy.

Nope, he's talking about Erin McGathy, Dan Harmon's wife (at the time, they're divorced now) She's nowhere near as bad as Felicia Day

she was fucking hot as fuck nearly half a decade ago

2011 here. in the tv show shes cute but obv fat

>tfw they killed off the best character and the best guest in episode 1

im upto the black guy episode

the italian nosed jew was pretty good too, but yeah #1 was #1
>it is the worst episode
>im pausing to shitpost on Sup Forums

Best episode is the one with John Hodgman. Not only funny but a pretty solid self contained story in itself

Yeah, that one was pretty great too.

Also really liked the one with Dinesh from Silicon Valley.

Especially the one out of game moment where he actually eats the prob food in one of the shots and makes a face because it's fake/stale/whatever.

>tfw I used to play with Vin Diesel and Megan Fox every week

go on...

In the episode with Aubrey Plaza why did they have to make shivs out of those trays? I don't think they ever used them.

Then I woke up. But it was a very comfy dream.

>haven't played any tabletop rpg in 9 years because all the people I know are into video games or *shudders* play-by-post shit

>Friend are all normies and scoff at "nerd shit", Lord of the Rings was even a step too far for them
>Dont think I could handle the smell of the local DnD group
>Always wanted to play since I was young
>Getting to the age where doing this shit would just brand you a basement dwelling neckbeard

oof there's some real tension between the [ex]couple here

yeah i think online is the only way

i looked at the link above and it looks weird as fuck

i need to apply and write a resume to join a game? smd nerds

If I had to guess, either GM planned for another fight before they got their stuff, but cut it because of time, or he was expecting Plaza to get the trays (by asking for food) before fighting the guards in the cell so they could use them as weapons then.

The guests are prompted about how to play and a rough idea of what their abilities are before the game starts, so he probably said "Oh you can use your magic to turn metal stuff, like I don't know like dinner trays, into things like shivs" and she just ran with it for comedic effect.

Same with the "we gotta get some glasses, they'll be useful later trust me" joke she was doing.

A box turtle

It makes me angry they gave the DM a shorter beard than his wizard beard IRL

Everything else is good

it's overrated, the smartest guy plays DM, then goes crazy at the party ignoring every single fucking clue to progress the story