Between Bale and Affleck, who do you think made the better Batman...

Between Bale and Affleck, who do you think made the better Batman? And I also mean combined with who played Bruce Wayne better, not "x played Batman better but not as Bruce".

My votes going to Affleck. His face, physique, and mannerisms scream Bruce Wayne. The costume looks better in BvS as well. I also like how this Batman is more in tune with the GOAT animated series.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10788369/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why between them two specifically?

Big Ben
strawpoll.me/10788369/

your joking, right?

Because their the most modern Batmans we had.

Batfleck is only intimidating in the metal suit, he looks like shit otherwise. Bale is better.

>Affleck is like BTAS
Not really, but between the two, Affleck with a better script.
Otherwise, the correct answer is always Conroy.

>mannerisms
When I watch Bale I can believe in him as Bruce, but when I watch Affleck all I see is someone's idea of what they think is cool.

It's difference between watching Hugh Laurie as House and Bumberditch Cuntsnatch as Sherlock.

I like Cumberbatch and Affleck but they're not very good in those roles.

Bale does not look one bit intimidating, suit or not.

I hated BvS. I also hated the new batsuit

However, Affleck is fantastic. His portrayal of Bruce Wayne AND Batman are on fucking point. He's a great actor cast at the wrong time.

bale in batman begins >> affleck >>>>>>>>>>>>> bale in tdk >> bale in tdkr

val kilmer (despite being slightly miscast and having to deal with a questionable script and other dumb production decisions) is still the best portrayal.

If you like Batfleck, you fundamentally misunderstand Batman. Bale is much better and is closer to the animated series in a lot of ways.

he's shilling if we have to be specific

We preferred Afflecks performance, not the shit story he was given.

Bale looks perfect as Bruce there, except he could be bigger.

Gotta agree with Nolan-Bat being less intimidating. But that was the only thing BvS did right (in general, and for Batman), and they didn't need Affleck for that.

Bale's quips were much better tbqh.

Sheikh Ben Al-Flicki is automatically better because he doesn't do that stupid fucking voice

>CHEW WELL

>we

Said casual.

Right...

>Rachael has told me all about you.

>if that's the case I'll have to kill you both.

Fucking savage

>this isn't a car
>i'm not wearing hockey pads
>then you're gonna love me
>(From this height, the fall wouldn't kill me) I'm counting on it

Compared to pic related.

>I watched the first ten episodes of the animated series and now understand the character

Lol

>you will never drop eric roberts off a building

feels bad man

Funny thing it was russian that first came with voice-modul idea. You see, when americucks saw Dark Knight and "enjoyed" excellent performance of throat cancerous Batman in russian doubs of the film there was voice-module like in Arrow season 1.

Affleck is the better batman

>insane and paranoid like the comic book character
>actually intimidating
>suit doesn't look like some black body armor MUH REALISM bullshit Bale had

Bale batman:

>after returning to gotham, Bruce dons the cowl and becomes the caped crusader, coming into his own by protecting the city his father tried to save before him
>defeats the scarecrow and ras
>about a year of batmanning later, he seems to be sick of doing it and would rather settle down with maggie Gyllenhaal
>joker kills his girl and bats is completely sick of being batman
>uses dent's corruption and death as an excuse to retire the batman for good
>8 years go by with bale hiding in his house and being emo
>comes back to protect gotham one last time from total destruction before faking his death to retire again

Bales batman was actually a huge pussy. While bale as an actor played the role accurately to match the tone of Nolans trilogy, the way bruce was written in the movies was pretty boring. I mean, he was only batman for like a little over a year and a half, maybe 2 years tops.

Bens batman(while lacking his own movies to develop) is much more believable as a seasoned bruce Wayne

Bale's bat voice was a little ridiculous.

I cant help but get a little wet whenever I hear
>Tell me.. Do you bleed?
>YOU HWILL

This,

i also prefer baffleck. christian bale is terrible in almost every movie he's ever been in and his voice is bad not just as batman but as bruce wayne. him and tom hardy both project this pathetic attempt at thuggishness. batman has this kind of amiable seriousness and emotional stupidity that i see more in baffleck than bale.

>When I watch Bale I can believe in him as Bruce, but when I watch Affleck all I see is someone's idea of what they think is cool.

i think the complete opposite

Nolan's movies are much more grounded. You could only realistically be Batman for only a couple of years before your body would give out or someone would discover your secret.

I like Val Kilmer's bat voice

Irrelevant since Burton's Batman is the best.

> 10
> even reaching 10 fucking episodes
The guy probably saw a gif on Reddit or Imgur that's all

>Nolan's movies are much more grounded

So why does a relatively sane man like Bruce Wayne choose to dress like a bat and fight crime by punching people in the face? The realism angle for Batman doesn't work, his mere existence clashes with the tone presented.

Gotta go with Affleck.
Can't wait to see more of him in action as Batman and Bruce Wayne.

I never fully bought Bale as Bruce Wayne... when he was going full party boy billionaire in Begins it felt like a bit too much of a sarcastic act.

Ben on the other hand has a bit of a party boy reputation... the moments in BvS where he hid behind that façade were very convincing. Loved him at Lex's party as he slowly transitions from Bruce Wayne to Batman when talking to Kent.

"Pretty girl - bad habit... don't quote me"
to
"We just have a bad history with freaks dressed like clowns."

Is a fucking awesome transition. Also I prefer him as Batman. I prefer Batfleck's suit, his modified voice, his massive physique, his fight scenes (Nolan can't seem to direct hand-to-hand combat to save his life), and his scariness. The scene where he's hiding behind the police officer was great.

>Nolan's movies are much more grounded
>Batman has no cartilage in his knee
>Gets a magical knee brace that lets him kick through concrete
>Batman breaks his fucking spine
>Spends some time in a third world jail and gets punched in the spine a few times and is then good to go

Nah, fuck off

>a little

Yup.

Even if that were true (which it's not), the animated series is not the fucking Batman Bible.
Snyder clearly used Frank Miller's take on an older, discouraged Batman... circa TDKR and TDKSA and he fucking nailed it.

>NO. I CAME BACK TO STOP YOU.

Yeah. Definitely king of the quips.

It was great in Begins because he never said more than a few words at a time. Baleman screaming "SWEAR TO ME" was great and felt, for lack of a better word, "Batmanny".

The problem is that the sequels wrote a ton of dialogue to be delivered while he's in the suit. Hearing him sermonize Joker about how humanity is good and worth saving would have been a lot more tolerable if he hadn't shouted the whole thing in a voice that sounded like he was gargling marbles.

Bale's Batman looks a lot more like the Injustice comics Batman

because he must strike fear into the criminals. the whole first mivie of the trilogy is about this.

Try watching batman begins, it has all the answers you need.

>"it's more faithful to the comics !"

Baleman actually sounded and acted like a genius detective, Ben looked better but didnt seem as smart, in control, or aware

I liked BatBale in exactly one movie. By DKR his cancer voice was iritating me and making me laugh at the same time. So far Affleck shits down BatBale throat.

I got the opposite impression. Bale struck me as a brawler with Lucius Fox as his sidekick, problem-solver and detective. He found the Joker by using Lucius' radar system. He found Bane's detonator by beating him half to death and screaming "WHERE'S THE DETONATOR" at him.

BvS made more of an attempt to portray him solving mysteries. Affleckman tracking the kryptonian fragment to the docks and ultimately to LexCorp was given a little bit of time. Him posing as some kind of mandingo gambler to get close enough to the merc guy to clone his phone with his bat-tech was a neat scene. His scene in Lex's house trying to hack his database was less impressive, but at least they both go towards showing that this Batman considers Bruce Wayne a part of his repertoire, contrasting with Baleman completely letting his Wayne persona atrophy.

Both of them did a fair amount of spying, but I got more of that vibe from BvS than from the Nolan trilogy.

that's not fair
Conroy IS batman

You mixed up those names buddy. Bale does most of his detective work off screen. Affleck actually does some espionage shit.

Bale is a major reason actors actually take superhero flicks seriously now and get in shape for them. He's also the better actor of the 2. Affleck should really stick to directing and producing since he's actually really good at that.

>Bale is closer to the animated series in a lot of ways
>sorry bruce after only 2 years your knee is completely gone and you need a cane like a bitch lol

What a bitch, I don't remember that at all in the animated series. Batman was scary as fuck that didn't give a shit about anything.

The two arent even comparable. Bale>>>

Affleck should stick to playing a thug from Boston

no other batman other than patrick bateman matters desu.

other batmans are just cartoony stupidity

Except you're wrong.

Animated series Batman was a lovable big guy (and I mean BIG GUY, no memes here, he was literally big, not some skinny twink like Bale), he had the charm of a grown man like Affleck does, not the lack of charisma Bale had.
Not only that, but the physique of Affleck is more like TAS, his suit is more like TAS, the way he fights and acts.

Seriously, if you honestly think that Bale was closer to the TAS Batman than Affleck, you're just proving you didn't watch.

Bale and Affleck were both great Bruce Waynes, but I'll have to give Affleck's Batman the edge for using a voice modifier instead of growling or harsh whispering.

Nolan's Batman had a different core objective compared to majority of the other takes on Batman. Usually, Batman is portrayed as a character who is motivated to stop men like the one who murdered his parents, Nolan's batman is portrayed as being motivated to stop the corrupt society that creates men like the one who murdered his parents. This is what distinguish Nolan's batman from the others, he isn't about doing night patrols to stop random acts of crime, he is trying to change the city from the inside by ending corruption and then letting that trickle down. So from that perspective, it makes total sense that this Bruce would retire.

That isn't even a quip you dense faggot (although it is a shitty line).

Batfleck by far. He absolutely oozes the role.

>Baleman acted like a genius detective
HOLY SHIT dude I seriously can't laugh any harder

>tfw the daughter of Ra's al Ghul is a board member at your company and you have no fucking clue
>tfw only found the Joker cuz Morgan Freeman did it for you
>tfw hire a maid who turns out to have a criminal record and be Catwoman
>tfw you forget your fucking training and just walk head-on into a fight with Bane, who you feel like you can take because you researched him on your computer for five seconds

The movies are pretty good, but Batman could not have been less of a detective in them.

Bale is literally the worst Batman ever. So Batfleck wins even though BvS was just as shit as the Nolan movies.

>"So, you came back to die with your city?"

>"No. The only one dying with my city will be you. But also my city is not going to die. So you, Bane, will die alone..... cunt

There I fixed it

>But that was the only thing BvS did right

I must disagree. As far as any of the live action suits go, none of them are intimidating. Though I gotta say as far as the most recent live action Bat-suits go, the Batffleck suit was by far the hammiest.

Despite not looking the part of Bruce Wayne and the rubber Batman costume, I still think Michael Keaton played the role of both best overall.

But Bale vs Afleck, Bale for Batman, but Afleck for Bruce Wayne.

Batffleck is the better batman