I can't do life anymore. I'm completely traumatized and have done everything imaginable to fight it. I give up

I can't do life anymore. I'm completely traumatized and have done everything imaginable to fight it. I give up.

Either I have someone kill me or I get committed for life. I'd trade my life for a sizeable donation to an abuse center. I can't kill myself for fear of the theological ramifications of going to hell.

So I pretty much am left with wanting to be committed for life. Maybe some day I get better with endless time to work on it but with regular life in the way. I can't.

Anyone know how I can achieve this? I can't afford a week or 2 in a psychiatric clinic. I have too much debt. I tried that and fucked the idea of my life up even more due to the financial consequences.

what country do you live in?

if you're mentally healthy enough to post on here, you can be useful in many ways. None of us can save the world, but most of us can save ourselves. Get a grip, pull back up, and start paying for your own keep. It will feel great. You only get one life...

Coming to Sup Forums was not the right idea bud

United states

call cops on yourself and say "i am threat to myself or others" they have to put you in a nut house

K

>if you're mentally healthy enough to post on here, you can be useful in many ways
pretty sure you can be completely batfuck insane and still post on here, user

this will only work for a few days

When times are bad, turn to drugs to escape the madness of regular living

I had a good life for 32 years. Paid taxes. Volunteered as a fire fighter. A big brother. Donated. Got educated and so on.

When I say I'm traumatized I have the CT scans to prove it. A domino effect has taken everything from me including my mind. I am stuck in a processing loop and ruminating endlessly. I've tried every form of therapy imaginable and every kind of medication.

There's nothing left to do. I want to surrender. I guess I could go homeless once I get fired and lose my income but if there's a way to become a ward of the state I'd rather do that.

Temporarily. Already been admitted for 3 days. Couldn't afford it any longer. I need a permanent solution

it would be extremely tough, OP. there aren't really any institutions as such anymore in the US. most of those got shut down in the 70s and 80s. generally they will only keep you as long as they believe you're a danger to yourself or others.

there are some mental hospitals where people get put for long periods of time. near me is a state hospital which is basically for long-term patients who are a habitual danger. in other words, people who are criminally insane, maybe people who attempt suicide tons of times, or people who are so flagrantly psychotic that they are out of touch with reality to the point where they could die from lack of self-care.

so you'd have to be one of those, OP. none of them sound like any way to live. sorry man.

question for you: since you've paid so much into the system, do you have any qualms about going on disability and just living at home? some people would consider that being a burden on society, but honestly you wouldn't be any more of a burden than if you were taking up a hospital bed for the next 40 years or so.

also I say this as someone who is currently on disability after many years of paying into the system. I don't personally see you as burdening the system.

That is a shame. I don't want to hurt anyone ever.

I haven't had much luck digging up anything on what it takes. Thought I'd ask the craziest people on the Web

Actually no I wouldn't but that wouldn't cover 81k in student loans.

it might. there's a thing called disability discharge. if you are disabled you can get part or all of your student loans wiped out.

what state do you live in OP?

Doubting private loans. But thanks I'll look into it

Indiana

not sure what shit's like in indiana, but in minnesota you can get a mental health caseworker through the county mental health department. if you are looking into possibly going on social security disability or getting in on some of the other stuff available for disabled people, it's worth calling your county and finding out. a caseworker can help you figure out what you're eligible for. just tell them you have mental health issues and you need help figuring out where to go from here.

and yes, definitely try to get on social security. if you are to the point where you cannot work anymore, you should eventually be able to get it. start a paper trail now. see your doc.

Awesome info. Will do that in the morning thank you

no problem OP, glad I saw your thread and could help.