Was Sup Forums in band?

Was Sup Forums in band?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9L_9s3Tb9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is what band is like at a rich high school

youtube.com/watch?v=K9L_9s3Tb9M

No, but several of my friends were. My high school band conductor insisted on playing Iron Man by Black Sabbath every year over and over even though the band could never perform it correctly. The trombones would always fuck up horribly and it was always the low point of any band performance but they insisted on doing it every time.

There were a few good performances though, I'd even say that the music composed by one of the music teacher's for my high school graduation was fantastic.

Yeah, marching, concert and jazz band. Played alto and tenor sax.

What would you like to know?

Why are you such a fag?

what concert band songs were you favorites?

we played iron man in marching band (in the stands). not sure what is so complicated about it.

Played electric bass in concert, marching, and jazz band. Good times.

literally the easiest job besides triangle player

was in concert band all 4 years of high school and played percussion (mallets and kit, plus auxillary)

Was also in Jazz Band but played guitar in that. The music teacher at my school was a guitar player so he taught me how to comp properly. I'm now in college for contemporary guitar focusing on jazz,

band is fuckin lame

anything by hector berlioz. tchaikovsky was pretty fun too.

musicians are inherently fags

is pat metheny lame or ok?

FUCKING MILTON.
I went to Collins Hill and Milton always had so much expensive shit at indoor drumline competitions because they were world class I think. They're from metro-Atlanta rich white suburbia, Alpharetta. All of their programs are ridiculously-funded.
To answer OP's question, I was in orchestra (cello) til 9th grade then dropped and joined indoor drumline on piano in 10th grade and joined band in percussion my senior year (even tho I didn't know shit about drumming hehe)

thought on

Samuel Hazo
John Mackey
Robert W. Smith
Percy Grainger
David Holsinger

Did anyone march Bari?

I'm also from marching band back in high school. Mellophone/French Horn. We were actually pretty good though, not just a shit show band

tell more more about Milton. I was shocked at the lack of fat or black people in the vid since it is from the Atlanta area.

Trombone player in concert and marching band

Pat metheny is a fantastic player. A lot of his stuff has that smooth-jazz-esque ECM production but if you don't want that check out Questions and Answers with Dave Holland and Roy Haynes. Fantastic trio record with a blinding fast version of All The Things You Are.

Alpharetta is the definition of a white haven, rife with lax bros and other brands of crazy white people. Milton and Roswell, both schools in the area, are so ridiculously loaded and do so well in all their competitive events. Except sports they usually would get crushed because they don't have like any black people. Their shows were always good because they could afford to pay fucking Hans Zimmer to compose their music or some shit and Scott Johnson to have one-on-one time with every single percussionist

I was in choir and band. Had to alternate days since the classes were scheduled at the same time. I sang bass II and played alto sax

I was in middle school choir. All the other kids would make fun of me because I sung like three octaves lower than everybody else, not by my own choice. Puberty hit me like a brick.

trumpet

is euphonium the Sup Forums of instruments?

Yeah, I was a bass player, but I quit in high school because the band program at my school was weirdly cultish and everyone took it way too seriously.

Played trumpet all throughout elementary, junior, and half of high school. It was a poorly funded district and they cut the music program from the elementary school a year after I left and from the middle school 2 years after. The high school band managed to keep going, and doubled as a small marching band. We were shit at both, and there was maybe 1-2 good players per instrument. What made this humiliating was that our district was surrounded by a bunch of rich cities with excellent funding and top tier music programs. Our director (who was also the choir director, which was what her main focus was, since she was the choir teacher they just made direct the band since they couldn't afford a separate one for it) insisted that we compete and it was just a disaster every time. Like, cringe worthy.

After junior year I didn't sign up for the class and just joined the local symphonic band. Vastly improved experienced and it was nice playing with people who could actually play and challenged me to do better and not just coast.

Fuck playing in underfunded music programs.

bump