Why is no one talking about this?

Why is no one talking about this?

too busy listening to ti

Too many plebs on Sup Forums

Also it's a limited rsd release and isn't widely available yet.

I love it, their new sound is so shit but this is the complete opposite of that. There were some big threads on it a while ago. Most people seemed to like it, personally, I think it could be what saves anco

Gotta hope they carry this style through to their next LP.

>Avey, Geo, and Deak work on a new album
>Panda takes a long break and forgets how to use sequencers

Best possible scenario.

Literally just got done listening to it, managed to pick up a copy on RSD, very pleased desu

It's a return to pre-MPP form. Most of Animal Collective's fans got into them after they had already lost their creativity (MPP onwards), so this album went over their heads; the true fans have either given up on them by now or simply find this de facto rehash of Campfire Songs uninteresting.

It's not on Spotify

SJ wasn't creative either. It feels like a more accessible version of STGSTV.

Animal Collective isn't that good.

Completely mediocre

Same with Feels, which is a radio-friendly version of Sung Tongs

Why?

I mean Spirit and ST are both already pretty accessible, but what parallels do you see between Spirit and SJ and ST and Feels?

>what parallels do you see between Spirit and SJ and ST and Feels?
they have the same concept, feels like they just update some of their old ideas (not successfully most of the time)

you guys have your heads too far up your respective asses

I mean between Spirit and SJ I can only really see similarities in the structure that many of the songs have and a few moments of rhythmic complexity like all the meter mods in Bat You'll Fly and the polymeter and meter modulations in For Reverend Green and Fireworks, but besides that, especially in terms of timbre, I don't see very many similarities, especially since SJ is missing the whole noise aspect that Spirit has, which is probably its most defining feature.

Between Sung Tongs and Feels, I really see no similarities, and I've heard people compare them before. Like, I need someone to point out what makes Feels a "radio friendly" version of ST. Like ST has a huge emphasis on vocals and is way more stripped back compared to Feels, which iimo is all about texture, as evidenced by all the delayed guitars on every track and reverb, and ST only really gets like that on like 2 or 3 tracks.

This guy gets it

>I mean between Spirit and SJ I can only really see similarities in the structure that many of the songs have and a few moments of rhythmic complexity like all the meter mods in Bat You'll Fly and the polymeter and meter modulations in For Reverend Green and Fireworks, but besides that, especially in terms of timbre, I don't see very many similarities, especially since SJ is missing the whole noise aspect that Spirit has, which is probably its most defining feature.
that's exactly what I said:
>SJ wasn't creative either. It feels like a more accessible version of STGSTV.

What I was saying is that those are the ONLY similarities I see. They aren't very similar the way I see it.

Just because the songs are written with a similar method that focuses on structure doesn't mean they're just derivatives of each other.

Where do listen?

Listen to it last night, a hell of a trip, been waiting for them to get back to this sound for a while. I'm very pleased

Because it's boring

stringly strangly suck my wangy
>*records a snake*

Im not in love with it, sort of like the less-interesting tracks from Sung Tongs and ODDSAC combined.

Avey and Geo clearly wanted something more soothing so I guess they nailed it however.

Gonna sound amazing if they play one of these live