So I'm in a rut in my life I guess. I'm a Uni Student who just quit his job of 2 years and am just bored with life...

So I'm in a rut in my life I guess. I'm a Uni Student who just quit his job of 2 years and am just bored with life. Got a few mates and decent life and shit. So my question is why I am so bored of life and how do I fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fbhPIK-oBvA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no goal

I guess my only goal atm is finishing Uni and getting a job and/or a gf maybe

go do something to be less bored

how are you in uni

Doing fine, haven't failed any classes as of my 2nd year.

You lack passion for the things you do. Find something you love and give yourself to it entirely, despite the risk. Could be an interest or a relationship or a dream. Doesn't matter, just commit yourself to it entirely.

Even if it fails, leave nothing to blame but yourself.

what degree are you doing?

go browse /out/ and do some outdoors stuff you can do by yourself (or with freinds) like fishing or hunting. survival skills are always good to learn

Commerce majoring in Accounting, and guess I'll hop on that

Been trying but just can't find anything that I have the motivation to pursue

Bro just concentrate on finishing Uni and getting your degree.

I've been a janitor since I was 20(I'm 25 now) and I've decided to go back to college to do Mechanical Engineering. I've been accepted and now I just need to wait till September to start.

I am totally fucking bored with life right now more than I ever have been. I think it's the waiting till college starts that is killing me.

My job never bothered me when I had no goals, but now I have one I wish I could quit my job today and get started. Unfortunately I need that moneyz for when I'm a student again.

Come September I will be 100% focused on my education and future.

Keep looking. Take things in to account that you never thought you could do. Right now I do guitar sampling just because it breaks my normal job as a CAD technician.

Even if you don't think you'll like it, try it. Most of the time it's at least fun at first.

outdoors stuff or survival is always fun and plenty to do
you could try fishing by buying a rod, reel and pre-made lures or bait from a store.. or do that all your self which is what bushcraft is
the 2nd obviously is harder but the challange and doing it from scratch makes actually getting something from it better

youtube.com/watch?v=fbhPIK-oBvA
is a nice documentary to watch (has 4 parts of all the seasons, goes over how they go about life in isolated area where they mostly rely off the land)
I was kind of the same, just sat at home all day doing nothing and then I saw that and got interested in bushcraft or outdoors type stuff

I guess but Uni is what's boring me atm
Guess I'll try some new things and try and stick to em
I'll try the outdoors stuff but the only shit I really like outdoors is sport

Do drugs

eh, tried smoking pot and all it did was make me feel shithouse

Survival skills are a good skill to learn though
Most otjer hobbies are expensive like woodwork, cars etc. Then if you dont like outdoors theres only arts or stuff like learning a language, philosophy, history etc
I dunno go watch that documentary i posted itll occupy 4 hours.

If you're bored at Uni that's your own damn fault

>Huge assortment of classes, clubs AND free pussy

I was bored when I was in school - changed my major, took up photography and started fucking a different freshman every weekend. Problem solved.

>I've been a janitor since I was 20

Hey, fellow janitor!

I've been a janitor for 7 years. Boring as fuck but I can listen to podcasts while I work and NEVER see another human being for months at a time.

I'll move on eventually but no idea what I'll do. Hmmm... culinary school maybe.

Probably because youre still in the education system after elementary high school and now university.

Probably burning out.

Not saying school is bad and you should leave just calling out my opinion. But id bet some of my savings youre feeling monotonous over the same shit for 20 something years.

Unfortunately im a school janitor so every day I am dealing with kids running about crazy not listening to me. The head teacher is also a pain in the ass! I never chose to get into this I just ended up in it. A couple months though and I'm free!!

Ugh! Being a school janitor kills the best parts of being a janitor,

I work at a gastroenterology clinic. I come in after everyone has left and am gone before they return. I have between 5pm to 6am (13 hrs) to get my work done - so I have flexability as to when I work if I have a date or an early appointment the next day. It takes me 6 hours to do everything but I can rush and be done in 5 (4 if I cut some corners).

Glad you'll be moving along soon. Best of luck to you.

Fuckin a

>I come in after everyone has left and am gone before they return.

That sounds ideal! I am a pool janitor so I'm usually in a different school every week covering people... The guy I'm covering just now has been off since the start of the year and will most likely be off till the summer so I'll be here till then.

When I first started I thought I had it good but the job has slowly worn me down. I guess I'm just not a kid person. No one wants to be a school janitor at my age!

I constantly get people asking why I became a janitor and I'm like, "I never chose this!"

Luckily(lol) I still live with my parents so I can quit my job and go back to college, a lot of people don't have that option.

I have no clue about Mechanical Engineering but I know it's something that will open up a lot of job opportunites, that's why I picked it. Hopefully it works out!

You should also consider going back into education if possible, it's a big step but surely it will lead to something better! Just pick your subject wisely!