What are your thoughts on this?

What are your thoughts on this?

A woman and her harp.

Strum me away to fantasy land you magniloquent minstrel. My boner increases in girth with each wheat-fingered fleck of your yew-stringed lullaby maker.

And that voice, it's like angels fingering each other in helium heaven while pedophiles masturbate in hell.

Yes this album has it all. Oh, how I pine for a life in Narnia where I can see the computer generated deepthroating lion or make love to bizzaro Galadriel, and this album makes it a reality + mescaline.

Stand naked in a half full bubblebath and pour this album over yourself like oil paint. Rub it into your filthy body, and always remember to scrub behind your ears and underneath your nuts.

10/10

Only Skin = Emily > Sawdust & Diamonds > Monkey and Bear

It's a masterpiece. The music and lyrics fit together perfectly. For example towards the end of Emily the line about "for the hundreth time tonight" the music gets upbeat and playful for a moment and then goes right into the rising strings for the line "look skyward and listen". That may be too on the nose for some but I think moments like that are missing from too many songs.

Coincidentally I just heard it for the first time today. It absolutely floored me. That bit where the music swells in Emily and she sings "and Emily I saw you last night by the river" gave me massive chills.

Genuine 10/10 Why did I wait so long?

Best album ever

Best album of the noughties by far. Have One on Me is the best album of the 10's as well. She's my favorite female artist.

One of my favorite albums.

Sawdust & Diamonds > Cosmia > Only Skin > Emily > Monkey and Bear

Very talented songwriter, loved it.

i am always in the mood to listen to it

Only Skin > Emily = Monkey and Bear > Cosmia = Sawdust and diamonds
thats only if i really had to rank them though

THICC
H
I
C
C

Pretty great but some of my friends hate her voice

>It's not on Apple Music, so I've never heard it.

Why are they keeping her from me?

>applefag

Even if I didn't think the album was an absolute masterpiece(I do), I would still admire the album for being so unique.

Why don't albums have orchestral sounds anymore?

Pretty standard annie-core, sometimes called orphan-core.

listened to it for the first time last night. might be one of the best albums i've heard

For the most part it is absolutely horrible.

Understand who her (((uncle))) is, and thus obviously understand all the favorable press.

Not entirely sure how she parlayed a gig as Malkamus' nanny into getting on Drag City. Maybe fucking Callahan?

Either way, the music is awful, and she is corrupt and needs to go away.

I

>Sawdust & Diamonds > Cosmia > Only Skin > Emily > Monkey and Bear
How can one man be so right
People who think Emily or Monkey and Bear are in the top 3 should not be allowed to speak

And then out of nowhere turned around and married a '''Hollywood''' actor. JN is about as real as Amy Schumer, and her music is shit back up by a huge positive press campaign. That dummies fell for. (and she's shilled heavily on Sup Forums)

i hope andy samberg counts his blessings every fucking day

like it wasn't arranged.

That whole world is fake as fuck.
(and despite press memeing she's utterly mediocre looking)

yep. wouldn't be surprised if the first 3/4 of this thread were all one person.

Cosmia = Emily > Only Skin > Sawdust and Diamonds > Monkey and Bear

Her uncle isn't Gavin Newsom? She's not married to a Hollywood actor? She didn't have an almost unprecedented rise to success?

What part is the crazy conspiracy theory?

and the shill has returned. Fuck off with you fake indie rock plants.

well it was a fun thread guys but i forgot that everything ever is a jew shill

yes it must be a conspiracy if people like something you don't

Nigga please.

There's plenty of garbage I don't like that I'm fine with.

A corrupt fake indie rocker posing as something she is not gets called out though.

Simple as that.

izit

how magnanimous of you

Why not be honest about who she is?

Instead she poses as some ethereal freak folk person, when in reality she is from an elite wealthy/powerful (corrupt) family, and then married within that same '''system'''.

Joanna Newsom is fake as fuck. Indie rock's Amy Schumer.

>a gig as Malkamus' nanny
Agreed that she is obviously ((())), but she was Malkamus' nanny? Really?

>She didn't have an almost unprecedented rise to success?
>person releases album and becomes kind of famous in music circles
Wow, you're right, has never happened before. THIS IS THE INFO WARS

nigga the who scene knows who the fuck she really is. It's no secret.

I guess at least she made Drag City some cash. If I were the Dans I would never let her back in the office though.

Yep. And then she started fucking Bill Callahan, until she was established enough to stop pretending an d married the Jewish actor and assumed the elite lifestyle.

Everything about her is fake.

>Wow, you're right, has never happened before. THIS IS THE INFO WARS

Who did it happen to before?

I'll wait.

Just say Jewish I know you've been dying to
And there it is

I'm Jewish myself. And if you don't think the Jewish Hollywood system is utterly corrupt, you're not paying attention.

It's a real fucking insult to have a scab like her on the same label as a stand up guy like David Berman.

And anyone who is paying attention knows what I mean.

I can't stand her meme fucking voice

>I'm Jewish myself
fuck off shill go bomb palestine

She sucks. That's the meme. Joanna Newsom is a good at music as Amy Schumer is at comedy.

At least we got several thought out posts and well constructed criticisms in before the thread got derailed.

Fuck you guys, sincerely.

I can't believe I share a planet with fucking pondlife scum like you

Perfect album, takes me away every time I listen to it. I really give credit to Van Dyke Parks for matching that orchestra so great to her voice, it really complements her.

Only Skin = Sawdust and Diamonds > Emily > Monkey and Bear > Cosmia