Any sleep paralysis stories...

Any sleep paralysis stories? I tried to on my own before and I got to where I couldn't move but I didn't see any figures or anything like that then I just broke free from it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zGkmqu_GdVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

half my week is torment. no sleep. haunted by the walls lamps and shadows. its torment. i wish i never tried to endulge myself into the void. its horrible now

mine wasnt so bad i tried to astral project from it too now thats hard to do i tell you hwat

i can relate.

>be me 12 years old
>me and my brother first discover we get sleep paralys every other week
>mine involves shades shadows and floating objects
>his involves insects

fast forward

>be me 19
>love of life left, depression kicks in, brother now in mental hospital
>live alone, sleep paralysis comes back
>think its cool, i try to force it
>manage to do the craziest things, the shadows becomes normal so i dont fear them anymore
>i can astral walk everynow and then, lucid dreams
>everything is great, and then suddenly it all goes away
>without the fear i cant activate it

>years pass
>get over my depression, find love
>life is awesome again
>start to get tormented by sleep paralysis again
>tfw its not fun anymore, everynight i try to fall asleep only to get stuck scared shitless by paralysis
>fall asleep every 10 min only to get sleep paralysis for several hours until i give up
>half my week is like this and its getting worse
>hearing voices and whispers

I swear there was a long white dog like pointed creature that its body filled up my hallway and way just floating or swimming through

I was laying on my couch not expecting it when I felt tingling all over my body and my heart rate increased ten fold and then I realized I couldnt move and I was experiencing sleep paralysis but I was on my side.

Is it weird I didnt encounter any shadowy figures?? Some people believe those are actual demons haunting you.

>btw it only lasted about 8 minutes?

And how was astral walking? is it the same as astral projection and if so is it like people say it is you can do what you want and it feels real to the touch?

Was it scary?

Also what did you hear when you heard whispers anything specific?

>Some people believe those are actual demons haunting you.

Well, my gf believes in a spirit realm and she says my negative energy is bringing them forth. i dunno really about all that tho. i feel more as if my body falls asleep before my brain, causing my body to start dreaming while sort of being awake stuck in a middle glitch.

>Is it weird I didnt encounter any shadowy figures??

that does sound like a paralysis user. i guess everyones different, i dont hallucinate every time, sometimes its after a few paralysis in a row that i start to hallucinate, only the first ones i feel a presence of sorts. i do feel this tingeling everytime, and i feel the more i resist it the worse the hallucinations gets and also how long im stuck.

Although.. i remember when i used to enjoy it.. every nap was an adventure. i miss those times

Yeah it's an experience alright

I kinda enjoyed it too , the thrill

it began very recently actually, one-two months ago, at first i could hear whispering, almost in chants, but it was words i didnt understand or could hear enough. only two nights ago could i sort of understand, whispers about time or something. but usually i can hear familiar words but only a brief moment, to short to make and understanding of it. its very creepy. usually comes in a few sentences max.

this is new to me, i havent had these hallucionations before.

my worst being 4 years ago when i lived alone (funny enough close to a cementary lol) that has fucked me up the worst. you can chose to believe it or not, but i swear on my life this is what happened to me. the two recent weeks of the incident i had three paralysis that had a russian babushka doll appear in the room and faced against me. i would break out of the paralysis, only to find the doll to be gone.

but then it happened. one night, after maybe 15 paralysises in a row my brain snapped. seing shades in everyone this was diffrent, i got my paralysis only to see a naked gray skinned woman with long hair climb my walls, never had i seen anything like it, but heres the thing, this time when i break out of paralasys i grab my flashlight and light the wall up. im fully awake. shes still there. only after two seconds of light she dissapears like a glitch. just like that. snap gone.

i still think about it. i chose to believe i still had dream afterlike effects in my brain and that was why. because of the sterotypical horror flick look, i believe it must be something my brain cooked up after watching all those movies. :/ still...

Happened to me while I was I jail in a holding cell with 74 other freaks..

The terror I felt was only amplified by the knowledge of my completely vulnerable anus.

i forgot to answer you about the astral walking.
it was amazing! i have only achieved a full one twice, minor ones more times.

the first signs i was able to do it was the feeling of lifting my arm while being in a paralysis. i started to expierement and push boundries. it feels like your arm weighs tons. after being able to sit up among other things i achieved it, it felt like i was on an empty server of life. i felt light when i was able to break free. i walked around this empty world around me, created by memory of my surroundings i believe. i got scared and turned back after a few min, because i felt a presence of something else in the world. i would like to achieve it again but its very hard. this was about 3-4 years ago

jesus 0.0

well i read that the hallucinations are just your mind playing tricks on you, and you know when you get up after sleeping real quick and you see black specks maybe thats what happened to you only it wasnt black specks it was a terrifying abomination

>74
Do you live in fucking Mexico user

zozzle

Like four times in my life. Three of them were just me paralysed. Only one was actually fucking terryfying.

>partially wake up (in sleep paralysis your body is asleep but your mind is kind of awake)
>notice it's pitch black except from the outlining from my blinds from Street lights (must have been like 3am)
>can't move and feel like I can't breathe (I could but It felt like I was suffocating)
>start panicking and sweating as I realise I can't move. Thought I was having a stroke or something.
>then the real horror begins
>look up in the corner and see a giant humanoid shadow stretched up against the wall with a giant black smile and disfigured face
>can't do anything as I'm still paralysed and just sat there going crazy in my mind
>figure just stares at me for ages
>then another figure shows up. A grey skinned woman with pitch black eyes in a wedding dress staring at me
>literally having hallucinations in background of loud scratching noises while these two fuckers just stare at me
>finally fully wake up, jump out of bed panting and sweating like fuck
>notice it's still dark but figures are gone and it's silent

It's pretty scary but it's just your mind. It's bad enough on its own, but you can have some of the most horryfying experiences if it happens during a nightmare.

did astral projecting change your life you'd say?

You should write horror

I woke up with a hand clutching my face once, as you can imagine I was fairly panicked, then as I came to properly I realised I had at some point when I was sleeping clutched my face and my arm had gone to sleep.

not quite sleep paralysis but was still pretty spooky all the same.

fuk me this is the shit that makes me not want to try astral projection cause in order to do that you have to get past sleep paralysis

oh also when I was a child I would dream most nights that I was falling and would wake up before hitting the ground and would feel like my body was being crushed into the mattress.

not sure what that was either though.

How do you fuckers get to the sleep para in the first place, I try every night by laying on my back with my arms at my sides and stay motionless for an hour but never had any success

First make sure you're not tired so you don't fall totally asleep

Second while you're laying there with your eyes closed keep repeating "I am awake I am awake" in your mind you need to remind your body that you are aware that you're still awake while you lay there and also take slow deep breaths, make sure your mind is clear (this should be the first step)

You should start to feel a tingling sensation radiating from the very bottom of your toes to the top of your body or from your fingertips to your head, youll hear a loud vibration (this means your doing it correctly)

But the key for this to work is to not give in and wake up, you will start having heart palpitations and youll want to wake up but you just need to ignore it and keep steady breaths... actually you know what this video explains how to do it

youtube.com/watch?v=zGkmqu_GdVo

Its about astral projection but you need to experience sleep paralysis to have astral projection

I've never tried astral projection. I don't believe in it, honestly it just happened to me in my sleep.

Why would you not believe in a realm where you can fly and create shit and it all feels real to the touch

Yeah lol. one can hope

i also usually expierience high pitched noices, atleast when i feel im in terror. otherwise i do not hear them.

maybe my perspective got broader of life, the different stages that this amazing brain is capable of. i dont feel as stuck inside my body i suppose.

lol

Yeah, its the price many pay to get there. it really does make life more interesting, but more horrifying at the same time. at times i feel a sleep paralysis is a struggle of the sanity of the situation in your mind. its hard to master. on the edge of insanity and bliss.

can relate, not many times tho but it has happened.

well i had no choice, me and my brother were born with it. however. there are guides online, i think i read something about focus on staying awake and focus on some part of your body but not moving, maybe caffeine was involved? dont remember exactly

heres some solid tips

Well I'm an athiest so yeah naturally I don't believe in the supernatural. Not saying it's impossible but I just find it hard to believe.

And also what you may be referring to is a lucid dream. A state where your body basically puts itself into a trance for some reason.

My friend experienced astral projection while on shrooms what does that say to you

not him but atheist doesn't automatically mean a disbelief in the supernatural, just a lack of belief in gods.

The tutorial starts around 4:15

He was on shrooms lol. Drugs change your brain chemistry drastically and can make you imagine crazy stuff.

You don't think that's supernatural? Not even a little?

I know but I think a realm in which you can create anything you want is easily explained by lucid dreaming.

Again, not saying it's impossible but I think that is a better explanation.

There are scientific explanations for all this i think out on the net. heres my thoughts

>Lucid dreaming
you manage to dream actively, make choices while you are dreaming, control and create. hard to achieve but can be done with training.
just need to find the right "switch".

Sleep paralysis:
A state where the body falls asleep and the brain fails to follow, causing a sort of locked body, while you are consciously awake in the brain, the brain starts to release dream hormones and among other stages causing you to dream while being awake, maybe like DMT? that would explain the hallucionations

It might be who knows, but we've observed things like that all the time with drugs. There's cases all the time of people taking ecstasy and thinking they can fly, before jumping off a building and dying.

ah well I was just splitting hairs on how you were defining atheist, I would agree with you on the lucid dreaming idea.

It's only happened to me once, I had been up for at least 24 hours and was laying on my side in bed staring the lamp on trying desperately to fall asleep but was to overtired. Next thing I knew I stopped being able to inhale oxygen. I was able to feel myself attempting to bring air into my lungs but it was just empty and nothing was there. I remember starting to panic and I rolled back onto my back and had my hands up to my throat as I suffocated to death. After about a minute of asphyxiation I passed out and I woke up starting at the lamp in the exact same position I fell asleep in, I'd never moved. So basically I dreamt that I was laying in bed with my eyes open and choked to death. Was one of the most intense experiences of my life.

wew lad would hate to experience dat

Except this can be done with no drug use and its not a matter of thinking its a matter of doing it and it all feels real

I've been having recurring loop dreams disturbingly often lately. Especially during nights where I'm so tired upon going to sleep that I just go out like a light.

Usually the first time I "wake up", I walk out of my bedroom and there's immediately something weird there, maybe nothing visible but the atmosphere just feels extremely wrong. Doesn't take me long to realize I'm actually still sleeping and just lucid dreaming, and the first time around I can force myself awake pretty easily.

The second/third or so time around I always notice I'm still asleep immediately upon "opening my eyes". The wrongness is there as soon as I "wake up". But trying to force myself awake gets harder and harder from there on out.

I haven't been able to count how many false awakenings I get during the worst of these recurring loops because it gets so muddled towards the end. I start feeling absolutely fucking exhausted, I just desperately want to wake up. I'm not prone to any form of anxiety or depression while I'm awake, but during the worst, longest, most exhausting false awakening loops I really start feeling like I want to cry or die or something. I'm basically begging for the alarm to go off so I can wake up for real.

The concept of time just evaporates during the hellish looping so I can't tell whether it's been a minute or an hour in real time when I've gone through ten loops, I can't tell whether it's gonna be another hour or five before the alarm goes off.

The worst one I had when I had a day off work and didn't set my alarm. When I finally woke up for real I was drenched in sweat and felt like vomiting. I was so exhausted I couldn't even get up to dry myself for a good half hour.

I'm a really realistic kind of guy with no history of any mental problems so I haven't bothered talking to a doctor or a psych about this, since I don't think they'll be able to help in any way. I'm just hoping they won't get worse over time.

Also some of the false awakening loops involve sleep paralysis. I'm aware that I'm still dreaming but I can't move from my bed. Sometimes there's a loud roaring or screaming in my ears when that happens.

I had sleep paralysis episodes quite frequently when I was in my teens but they didn't involve any hallucinations, just a general super oppressive feeling around me and the inability to move or do anything for several minues.

>feels real
The depth at which you sleep can effect how much a dream feels real to you. If your taking a nap, you probably won't even dream of anything, whereas if your in a deep sleep, your more likely to experience a realistic dream.

Who knows though, you might be right. I just have trouble believing it because we don't fully understand the human brain yet and why it does what it does.

Ive had realistic feeling dreams before but I was never in control of them and Imo I think the difference between lucid dreaming and astral projection is the depth of both

In a dream its almost always very hazey/fuzzy like you have subtle tunnel vision whereas astral projection its like you've woken up inside your mind if that makes sense lol

you would be suprised but the fact you moved while having the experience means you also expierienced a minor astral walk

that sounds dreadful user. i remeber being a kid and i was not allowed to drink water for the night cus it would cause me to vomit, i could only drink disgusting salt water mix. anyways
i would dream i would go to the bathroom and drink that deliciousness only to wake up dried up and feeling like shit. this getting looped all night

I've had a lucid dream before once while travelling in the Africa. Was completely unreal, I was having a conversation with my sister in the dream and I just asked her randomly, "Hey is this a dream?" And she replied "If its a dream you could fly, right?" Then I just leaped up in the sky and was able to fly. The dream lasted an incredibly long time and unfortunately I've lost a bunch of details but I ended up in a room with a bunch of doors that told me they moved to different worlds that I could explore and I was so excited but I woke up and lost it. I wrote about it in my journal right when it happened I should try to dig it up.

is that astral walking?

all you people telling stories about astral trips and shit and I onlye get to go to the kitchen for water on loop for about 20 minutes
mfw

Also to anyone in this thread who likes the dreamscape Ketamine is a wonderously safe and fantastic mind expanding drug.

Once you learn you can control your k-holes you can literally manifest whatever you want. I've reexperienced birth, going from total blackness to the opening of a light and being born and looking down at my tiny limbs waving them innocently and staring at a woman friend next to me who i thought was my mother. I've spent a lifetime of a tree growing from a sapling to a full oak feeling the nutrients of the earth absorb through my roots. I was also able to literally glide over the mountions in a paraglider then morph into the millenium falcon and fly around a desert planet (this was a while after I saw the new star was)

I know all of this is in your head and delusional but regardless of if its real or not what is real is your experience and dissasociating 100% internally with no external anxietys or associations its truley incredibly. if youre interested look up john lilys work