Nerdwriter1 takes stab at why batman v superman didn't work and also why the change in tone won't help justice league

Nerdwriter1 takes stab at why batman v superman didn't work and also why the change in tone won't help justice league.

youtu.be/38Cy_Qlh7VM

Other urls found in this thread:

pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/11/inside-chris-terrios-vision-for-batman-superman-and-justice-league/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally who?

a pleb

great thread op

This pretentious fuck is so right

was it too problematic for him?

Just tell us his main points so I can judge whether or not this video deserved a view.

>"there need to be more 'scenes' instead of 'moments'"

Literally what the fuck

Shill, stop shilling you rblog.

SEGA

See the title. Too many moments, not enough scenes.

He's right.

The gist of it is that zack snyder is way too preoccupied with creating awe inspiring imagery to work on his storytelling. Nerdwriter also shows clips from his student films and why he fell into the same trap himself.

"You see dear director there were simply....too many moments. There are only so many moments the royal eyes can tolerate."

The storytelling in BvS is fine.

pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

>Didn't watch it
Ok.

I did watch it. He did a shitty job of explaining the difference between a scene and a moment. The only valid point that he made was that Snyder likes to show awe too much.

Let me guess, he thinks the tone change in JL was reactionary to the BvS reception.

>muh tone

>I failed him in life...I won't fail him in death
>Superman's selfless sacrifice is the spark of Batman's rebirth into light and the dawn of a new golden age of heroism.
>Chris Terrio says this is the intention even before BvS releases
>Dawn of Justice...literally the night is darkest before the dawn.
>First picture of the Justice League features the sun rising in the background

Why are people claiming that Justice League being lighter is anything other than what was always intended? Are people really this dense?

Chris Terrio:
>At that moment, I thought, “I’m not done with this yet. I want to go back and keep telling the story.” “Batman v Superman” is a bit of an “Empire Strikes Back” or “Two Towers” or any similar middle film in a trilogy. The middle film tends to be the darkest one. I do think from “Man of Steel” through “Justice League,” it is one saga really.

>I expect “Justice League” will be tonally not quite as dark as “Batman v Superman.” From that point of view, I felt compelled to go back and try to lift us and myself into a different tonal place because I think when you write a darker film, sometimes you want to redeem it all a bit.

blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/11/inside-chris-terrios-vision-for-batman-superman-and-justice-league/

he adressed my feeling exactly on this movie. Hack Snyder should stop being movie director and start making some music video, it would fit him well.

too smart for you eh?

I enjoyed batman v superman because of pure hype, but this video really puts into words what I couldn't describe and don't like about Snyder movies. man of steel was shit because it felt like a bunch of disconnected scenes for a trailer, and I guess that's a problem for batman v superman as well.

I agree with the video Snyder is a pop video music director completely tone deaf and only good with visual montages

He's still right.

Tone is one thing but adding lots of gags in a very early teaser is clearly a way of convincing people who had issues with the moody tone of the pervious movies