Why is it so overrated?

Why is it so overrated?

Because women beat it

because it's had 20 years to gather fanboys and when games sites have their meetings about whos going to review what game the biggest zelda fan screams and shouts loudest for it

make 20 years long dumb shit, to keep the expectations low. then publish an average game, just little better than no mans sky, to create a little hype. easy

Is it just a zelda game with a really big map?

>build game that people love
>make many different games following the same formula, all successes
>forget everything you know about zelda games
Kill yourself nintendo this is why no one likes you.

some people say it's not even really a zelda game, more like skyrim with a zelda aesthetic

I have yet to play it, however out of the 4 friends of mine that have. I have yet to hear anything negative. It is likely a combination of a good game mixed with a Zelda title. Either way if it plays well and you don't need to invest time in learning how to play it, it's likely to score well

i want to see nintendo release a new intellectual property that's as financially successful as legend of zelda. it seems they're almost reliant on zelda and smash bros to keep people buying their consoles

Oh lord, you guys are ignorant. Popular culture is not for you, it's for those who have eyes to see and ears to listen. Clearly there has been an ongoing message throughout all Zelda games. But yes, it's only a game user. Sure, right buddy. Pick up a god damn book.

Poorfag detected.

Play the game before you call it overrated stupid nigger

Das kinda really fuggin gay see

ITT: neck beards who haven't even played it

>ITT: neck beards who haven't even played it
Are you fucking retarded? The majority of people who played it are neckbeards.

Does this one have an actual story that isn't cringy or really, really poorly done?

>zelda
>good story

pick one

women beat my dick, but it isn't overrated... your logic is flawd

>step out of resurrection shrine
>birds chirping, squirrels skittering up and down trees
>see apple in tree jump to get it cant get it really want apple
>Link suddenly grabs on to tree starts climbing
>can climb rock faces, houses, mountains, castles anything
>drop apple near fire, apples roasts and cooks up
>spend the next two hours literally just running around collecting meat from lizards, deer, birds, storks, bass, salmon, goats, pigeons, grass hoppers, crickets, beetles the list goes on
>spend another hour collecting various herbs and vegetables scattered throughout the place
>spend yet another hour just combing all these different ingredients to make endless combinations food with various attributes and effects
>starts to rain, rain makes water pool up, every thing is slipper, hang out under over hang near fire while storm rages on
>comfy as fuck
>rain effects do not clip through building and shelters like faggy skyrim
>rain actually drips off surfaces
>real time reflections, lighting, leaves blow around and settle on water surfaces
>so many engines working all at once in this fucking game
>have to take all you metal items off in a rain storm or else risk lighting striking you( for real )
>physics engine has endless ways to manipulate it
>sword starts sparking, hold R and toss my sword at a bokobolin just chilling under a shelter from the rain( you can pick up and toss anything )
>as soon as the sword lands near him lighting strikes it and sends him rag doll flying into the air, wip out bow and land an arrow to his face in mid air
>hold arrow tips over fire, arrow tip catches on fire
>go into sneak mode and climb a tree near a boko camp
>aim for boko's wooden club, shoot fire arrow into his club, it catches flames and burns the boko so he drops it

So much fucking shit its kinda over whelming when you go out and explore, its hard to figure out where to start because so much is going on in this fucking game.

Its the zelda we always needed to have guys.

Fact: Anything a person doesn't like which is popular is overrated to that person.
Aka hurr durr stop liking things I don't like.

Nintendo paid top dollar for marketing / promoting their only worthwhile launch title.

This game is supposed to be the main selling point for the Switch. Also the Switch is the last remaining straw for the failing company that is Nintendo

Basic story for you
You are Link, you are the Princess appointed knight.
The Hylians were a great race, they were thrilling archaeologists,
They unearthed ancient sheikah technology
Giant autonomous beasts that they called divine beasts
The Hyrule noble family appointed the best champions from around the world to hold dominion over each beast
Then evil cultist who support Ganons dark arts meddled and corupted the divine beasts
Somehow they raised Ganon forth to destroy their enemies
Ganon being release destroyed the cultist and everyone else by taking control of the divine beasts and guardians
Guardians seek out and destroy/exterminate life
The King, and his champions were slain
Princess Zelda and her Knight Captain(link) fought against Ganon but failed, he ends up slaying Link as well
In a last ditch effort Princess Zelda locks you away in a resurrection chamber
100 years later you emerge to a destroyed Hyrule, its all ancient ruins now, sort of post-apocolyptic
Form there you must travel and reunite the grandchildren of the once mighty champions and take back the divine beast to destroy Calamity Ganon.

This guy is a faggot, dont listen to him.