Ghostbusters 2016

Should I go and see it? Are there enough "so bad it's good" moments that you can sort of laugh at, or is it a cringefest?

Other urls found in this thread:

putlocker.is/watch-ghostbusters-2016-online-free-putlocker.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All memes and joking aside, I do not believe it is worth your time. I did not enjoy it at all. Then again, I have yet to enjoy any Paul Fieg movie.

A good barometer might be to watch one of them first, such as The Heat or Spy. I couldn't finish either one, and both feature the exact same style of comedy.

People complain all the time about manbabies or whoever, but it has absolutely nothing to do with women, and everything to do with a shitty script. I can think of many films featuring all male casts that suck balls because of shitty scripts.

Honestly, it's not worth the watch. It's not a "so bad it's good" movie, nor a cringeworthy movie that throws unbelievably stupid shit at you all the time. Its just a borefest and very stupid movie full of bad impromptu comedy and boring, underdeveloped characters slapped on a less-than-mediocre storyline. I expected to be ready to rage at every scene but in the end I was just sitting with my hands on my cheeks being bored to hell and sighing heavily at the stupid attempts at a joke. If you really want to see it, I suggest just waiting for a stream or something so you don't have to pay for it.

It's bad. Don't go see it. The acting isn't that great, the effects are distracting they're so awful, and the jokes are "10-year-old on youtube"-tier. The worst part of it is the general writing though.

It's an extremely boring movie. Tried watching it on a stream but got bored after 15 minutes.

>9696
does that count as an obscure get?

There are no "so goo its bad" moments.

Its typical Paul feig "people dont act this way" comedy trash.

If you ignore the comedy bits and focus on the scifi elements, its about half bad.

Looks like you have your answer, OP.

nice get

I laughed twice in the whole thing.

It's not a crime against cinema, it doesn't rape your childhood with an unlubed horse cock, it isn't even so bad it's good.

It's just worthless, mediocre, bland, nothing.

It's just boring. Not really cringey or so bad it's good. Just a milquetoast movie in which the characters are all half-developed and all the jokes fall flat.

oh man, it sucks getting 9696'd. only happened to me once fortunately.

You're a pussy so you should definitely go see it. You don't need permission from us.

Wait for the extended cut to come out as I am gonna do.

It does kill the franchise though. Although it may be for the best

>milquetoast movie
You sound like a pretentious fuckwit using terms he doesn't grasp to appear smarter.

This. Honestly, I was a bit shocked how unfunny it was.

Wouldn't recommend it as bad comedies aren't ever "so bad its good"

Where as a bad drama, action, horror or whatever can actually be so shit they become laughable an underwhelming comedy is just a miserable and tedious slog to get through.

Don't bother unless you want to bored and tired for the best part of 2 hours

Is that secret agent tripple o seven?

Honestly to me it seems like a movie you watch if you are looking for a cringefest

The franchise was already dead. And for the best.

Likewise. I can't even put my finger on WHY it wasn't funny.

It's not even cringey though. It's just dull.

there's a couple of cringe moment, mostly from McKinnon but some from Wiig too.

You get cringe dialog like
>If you can't call your friends or the police, who are you gonna call ?
>interrupted by a TV Show called GhostJumpers!

That's the first act, then in the second and third act it became like said, it's boring, slow and uninteresting.

The Holtzman acting quirky bits made me cringe personally. I also think leslie jones character might as well have on a maid outfit and constantly be mixing a bowl of shortener

I know where we are, but Jones for me was one of the few natural performances. Arguably because she was barely acting. But Holtzman trying to be quirky wasn't cringey, it was just flat and phoned in.

Ghostbusters Related Sup Forums Thread:

Had to look it up, huh?

Maybe should have?

that's a minute and a half of the movie wasted on dancing around like a dumbfuck already. Christ.

It's not even as bad as people say it is but it's certainly not good.

I would say maybe 40% of it is amusing, the rest ranging from awkward to annoying.

It's the definition of skippable.

Pirated a cam. I rarely do cams because I'm a bit of a snob about that, but watched it anyway because it was in fairly decent quality.

I didn't laugh one single time. Hell, I only even so much as smiled once and that was at something Leslie Jones of all people said that was amusing outside of the context of the movie.

It's not so bad it's good, it's just bad.

Don't waste your time/money unless you're as morbidly curious as I was.

Is this cringekino?

This is cringekino

FUCK no.

If it's so bad then why it gets a 73% rating and certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes? To me you guys sound like contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Because "grrl power!!"

life is going to be hard for you if you're going to assume the opinions of people on the internet are the correct opinions

make your own conclusions. We have trailers, various scenes, Wiig's utterly miserable "kill-me-now" look in every photo to base our hate off of. If you base your love for it on some numbers on a website, good for you. I don't give a fuck

>The franchise was already dead. And for the best.
This. It died when Harold Ramis died. This was just Paul Feig desecrating on its grave.

>54

Worst part is this movie is falling the fuck apart. -50% a week domestic and hemorrhaging screens in foreign crowds (only makes decent money the first weekend and the whole week is almost non existant) this movie is going to be lucky to be close to it's fucking production budget. Maybe heads will roll at sony

bullshit, they'll roll out the (((hollywood accounting))) and carry on like usual

Same reason Supergirl has a 90%+ rating even though it's god awful. Virtue signaling by critics who are scared of losing their jobs among a sea of other cowardly hacks all wearing the same glasses and parroting the same terminology.

>Are there enough "so bad it's good" moments that you can sort of laugh at, or is it a cringefest?
It's neither. It's a bog standard LCD pandering movie. You'll chuckle a handful of times, but the rest of the time will be heartless, paint-by-the-numbers tedium. It's a movie that you'd not bother changing the channel off of when it comes on TNT during the ennui of a Sunday when your internet is out, but would somehow bore you more than the general boringness of the afternoon.

Because the small handful of reviewers who were harsh had to deal with a huge backlash of angry feminists.

i thought the fat chicks improv was pretty good actually

wait for it on netflix/hulu..ect

>safety lights are for dudes
What did she mean by this

Paul feig's movies are like new adam sandlers movies with women.

I can't believe how hot Wiig is dancing in that jumpsuit.

This. A movie can't be "so bad it's funny" if the reason the movie is bad is because it tries to be funny.

Why does that set look so fucking lifeless?

Why is Wiig so sexy? She's a bit librarian looking.

Aykroyd deserves some of that too. He cares more about money than his dead friends.

Read the reviews. Most say it's not great, then give it a score to get above pass. Any critic who said it was shit had to deal with an avalanche of hate.

Just in case you don't want to waste your money:
putlocker.is/watch-ghostbusters-2016-online-free-putlocker.html

>Are there enough "so bad it's good" moments
I wish, that's what i was hoping for when i watched this shit but its was just a two hour long bore... about 45 min in i was already checking the time and wondering how much more of it i had to sit through.

This is a movie you definitely will feel like your wasted 2 hours of your life on... just wait till it comes on tv or some shit

>This. It died when Harold Ramis died
no... there is definitely still room for a Ghostbusters Extreme movie but nobody at Sony has the vision to realize its potential.

this part was moment #1 of 3 where i actually laughed a little

where is cam rip copy?

wont pay for it

If you have absolutely nothing better to do, get high and go see it. I'm not saying you'll enjoy it but at least you can say you saw it

Go it with gf if you must have nice blowjob.

If not go alone and watch original one with sounds loud

it's a good movie caught up in a middle of a feminist/anti-feminist war

it barely had anything that can be called 'feminist'

it was a nice, funny, harmless movie that internet autists, both gobbergators as well as SJWs almost ruined

They use their proton packs as weapons, wrapping up ghosts, and throwing them around. Also ghosts at the end just walk around on the ground like zombies

He's just desperate to remain relevant after his star has faded. This is the same guy who did Blues Brothers 2000 after all.

>no... there is definitely still room for a Ghostbusters Extreme movie but nobody at Sony has the vision to realize its potential.
That was Reitman's idea for Ghostbusters 3, but Amy Pascal prevented him from working it during pre-production. He gave up on the idea when Ramis died.

>it barely had anything that can be called 'feminist'
They posted this on their official Twitter during production. It might not be as in your face as people expected it to be, but there was still a feminist undertone to remaking a classic movie and gender flipping the main characters.

And? I'm not into media shit that much, I'm into movie and movie had barely anything feminist in it

try harder kid

>A failed academic, an obese woman, a lesbian, and a black woman wage war against an intangible evil society tells them doesn't exist.
>When they finally acquire proof of the intangible evil, the patriarchy tries to get them to prove it. Instead of proving it, they kill him and lose their proof at the same time.
>They are publicly mocked by the government as lonely unmarried women in need of men.
>In the end, they defeat the villain- a virgin nerd who wants to destroy them because people beat him up in high school- by castrating him after he literally transforms into the Ghostbusters logo.

alright dude, i'm convinced and all

just fuck off

Because she is a strong wymin that needs no soul.

>being this retard
>being this mad to get told

Fuck off back to tumblr landwhale.
Also
>internet autists, both gobbergators as well as SJWs almost ruined
You can't ruin what is already shit.

>N-no guyzz this shit I mean film it's not feminist I sweaar for gudz!!!1!!!!"E Go see it!!!!
t. Paul Feig

Can anyone repost that collage of Leslie's insults on Twitter? You know which one

This is the kind of movie shown at 4:30 PM on FX a year after its release that you end up watching out of a desperate need to kill time instead of any legitimate desire.

I'll no doubt watch it when it'll on free tv

Might come as a surprise to you, but average girls are sexy. That's why they're average. It means there's nothing too great about their looks, but no detractors that would pull them below average. And a quirky-ish personality added can go a long way.

You should see it because it's an actual good movie with legit funny comedy in it.

haha ghost balls :-DDD

Nice try Feig

ITT: Misogynists

As a 27 year old man that never really watched the original ghostbuster movies (only bits and pieces of it) and as someone who doesn't let bias sway his opinion.

The movie was pretty good. It was mostly a comedy with sprinkled ghost hunting scenes. A lot of the times the comedy seemed improved. It's not laugh out loud funny, but you do chuckle at the parts you are suppose to. The main character is likeable and cute. The fat girl is annoying but as someone who hates all her movies and don't find them funny, she wasn't horrible in this and didn't try to attention whore for the spotlight. The black lady wasn't annoying, her funny scene was where she tried to crowd surf and they wouldn't touch her. The fourth girl was annoying to me, because they try to make her the quirky too cool for school character type that I hate , but it's whatever. The secretary guy was pretty funny too. The movie held my interest the whole time and was just the right length to not get boring. Overall I give the movie a 7.5/10.
Don't get the hate the movie received. It never tried to push some message or agenda in the movie.

It'sactually really good.

Sup Forums doesn't like it because the main characters are girls.

true to the originals, fantastic cameos, funny throughout.

i just got back from a screening, audience applauded at the end.

only other time that's happened while i've been at the movies was for district 9.

They expected it to have legs like Feig's other movies. It premiered at #2, then slipped to #5, will probably go down to #7 next week and be out of theaters by mid August. Expect a DVD release in time for Halloween.

Even #7 is the optimistic forecast

It has legs alright. Legs of a paraplegic 80 year old woman

Falling down the stairs

AHAHAHAHA

>i just got back from a screening, audience applauded at the end.
Were you watching with an audience of ghosts?

>fantastic cameos
someone post Murray live reaction to trailer

It's a terribly written film.

>Characters are two-dimensional caricatures and lack depth. Leslie Jones' character was probably the most human out of the four though.
>The villain of the film is weak, his motivation is weak, he's like straight out of a saturday morning cartoon.
>Scenes don't transition nicely or cohesively, but this may be because the film was butchered in editing. Additionally, some scenes could have been omitted because they do nothing for the characters or the plot.
>Exposition is, for the most part, handled poorly.
>There is no sense of urgency or conflict. The act plot twists carry no dramatic weight, and the whole climax of the film is just as insignificant and of no real consequence.

On top of that there are a lot of moments where characters talk to no end about things that the audience has just seen. I'm not that familiar with Feig's work but I believe this to be a staple of his "comedy". It's just a waste of screen-time.

Like most have already said, it's not a "so bad it's good" film, it's just garbage. Don't pay money to see it. If you're dying to watch it, stream it.

Got any more webms of this Rowan guy because they barely showed him off in any of the trailers

A girl on tumblr is urging people to buy at least 2 tickets to prove their dont hate women and arent racists even if they dont plan on seeing it.

>Go to see if it's selling well in Leicester Square
>Already pushed to 'studio' screenings - places with maybe 20 seats
Oh yeah, the new Bourne is out. Ghostbusters is pretty screwed at this point.

What's with all the gay fucking dancing in this shitfest of a flick?

>audience applauded
>audience
BAIT