Are Finnish knives the best?

Are Finnish knives the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CsXmyKhIoAI
youtu.be/lsnChEpyhPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No American knifes...

Is this one of the famous stabbing knives finns have with them all the time?

That's not a knoife

I heard that in western countries you can't open any plastic packages without knife. is it true?

No. Good knives are made in Japan, Germany and may be France.

Yes.

>can't open any plastic packages without knife

or we ask some woman with long nails to do it for us. It's amazing how strong their nails are.

Impractical

Good knives are made local, none of that gerber bullshit.

My 100 times folded Katana-giri is superior to any """""knife""""""

No

Polish knives

There's more to do with knives than open up plastic bags with hamburgers

Actually,the truth is in western countries you can get shot for holding a knife :)

youtube.com/watch?v=CsXmyKhIoAI

nah

>has no guard
>puukos are made with partial tang

How are you going to stab at things with this? I could get a $2 Mora knife that will do me better

Yeah, not big enough, won't scare the dingos away from eating your baby

You swing with it you doofus. Also literally get a grip.

Essentially it's not a stabbing knife since the other side of the blade is not sharpened to give it more carwing and cutting power.

Thanks to theft, manufacturers use hard plastic with heat pressed seems. It's extremely difficult to open without a knife or scissors.

*seam

>no wirecutter on sheath
How can fingols compete

I've made knives as a hobby for many years, blacksmithing and cutlers are a dying art here though. Pretty much most of what I know will go to the grave as there's no one interested in learning

I want one of these, but they're too cheap.

I want one too but i have to buy it in poland because they're illegal here :^(

I think balisongs and switchblades are still illegal in some US states too. Fortunately my state doesn't care.

Anyone else ever feel like bashing a finns skull in?

im not autism 2bh

No

Swedish Mora knives are :^)

Just the ones on Sup Forums because they are all communists

I feel like drowning swedes and dropping them off the cruiseboat whenever i am on a cruise.

probably

Are all finnish knives small?

No, but smaller knives are more useful most of the time.

Yeah I can imagine for carving and flaying skin or meat. But what about defense, surely there should be some bigger knives at hand?

When it comes to uselfulness smaller knifes tend to be better.

You don't wan't to swiftly get stabbed by them.

I've never thought about using a knife for defense but I think something like this would work fine

I see, so a puukko knife isn't a defending tool but a hunters tool.

Good knives are made by compretent professionals, none of that eco-hipster bullshit

Yes, they're intended to be tools traditionally. I think you guys have a stereotype of Finns being stabby and that probably comes from a time when everyone carrying their puukko at all times was the norm and they would reach for the closest weapon in a moment of drunken rage. But they're not really meant to be self-defense weapons.

By the way how common are these saami style leukus in Sweden?

>By the way how common are these saami style leukus in Sweden?

Only common around Lappland. Is it very common in Finland?

I think for people who want something between a puukko and an axe for hacking stuff it's a pretty common choice to have one.

You guys also use axes right?
What type of axes are common in Finland?

Probably Fiskars. A lot of people also use a vesuri (pic related), which according to wikipedia is called a billhook in English.

>fiskars
quite literally the lowest of low-tier brands

delet this

Why break em you silly? Don't you know how to use a tool properly?

Well wouldn't be too surprised, you're swedish after all..

That's why doubles (or even triples like pic related) are a thing, a right tool for every job always at hand
Also, obligatory watching
youtu.be/lsnChEpyhPc

That's cool, not really that common to see such axes.

Never heard of eco-hipster knives before

Buying local is often bad for the environment, at least food in cold climates (e.g. Northern Europe)

I like my cheap Chinese fake Mora. Cost less than a chocolate bar yet has traveled me throughout ages.

Kizlyar knives any good?

They're meme for 50 yo retired vdv soldiers who often go to hunt