/daily/ - Black Metal Edition

Tomorrow is a fine day to die.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

>discord
discord.gg/8exuEmG

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HUgcKnwnTTE
youtube.com/watch?v=pjGDnX4VZBA
youtube.com/watch?v=KyQ4AD32SUg
youtube.com/watch?v=d6fE8vvfrqs
youtu.be/1z1fKQUEJuw
youtube.com/watch?v=8B5FRsvX0Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=B2RK8N5VXGU
youtube.com/channel/UCWs4oKKBjL9t0lsChG0couQ
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/christine_groult/lheure_alors_sincline___/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bathory is basically the new Joy Division in Sweden, every cool artsy kid wears a Bathory shirt lol

What's "Bathory"?

Do you mean Batlord?

>black metal
noo, quick post nu-male repellant!

>Being Swedeperson
>not wearing your best Hampus gear
Oh, how far Swedish culture has fallen.

Only the true swedes wear Hampus merch, it's the swedish national costume but looked down upon by most Bathory-wearers nowadays

me too I pan it

where to cop

I want you to fuck my wife

And filtered.

:)

Yes hi hello trans what was the album you wanted me to listen to so i can write it down and pop it in when i get my internet back

hmm nvm actually

i tried going to a metal shop yesterday, hoping to find a darkthorne logo shirt, but all I found was a blaze one, with ridiculous sizing. I think I'll look for one to order.
Cool kids here don't even know about joy division, east Europe is heaven.

Anyway, I really like the first Emperor EPs and the first three Darkthrone ablums, other than that I think I prefer blacked punk or blacked noise.
I still have like four black metal charts to finish.

I like the new Arto Lindsay album. I didn't knew he was into bossa nova, which looking at his discography is old news.

The new Pharmakon album is okay. I liked the simple approach, but the last track attempts at ambient seemed like a miss. The vocals saved it, but it still seems off. I would love to see her scream her lungs out live.

Fred Frith Guitar Solos (1) are still a classic. It's ridiculous what he was able to produce with no overdubbing. Also his constraint in terms of preparing and texture fetishism is what makes the album so perfect. It's really full with fresh, free ideas and no jerking around.

aw, by the way - i'm looking for nylon guitar stuff, contemporary classical and classical welcomed.
I really like the Darkness Melts Haino album, which is his only album with nylon I guess, but in terms of free improve that seems to be it. Bailey uses steel strings still.

which reminds me - do you remember the Bailey drum and bass album?
youtube.com/watch?v=HUgcKnwnTTE

>Using Hampusian genre labels
Absolute p l e b confirmed

Rude

Dont forget you have five redeemable album listens usable whenever

Recc me some essential noise rock albums. Bonus.point if similiar to cellscape

The discography of Ground Zero. Now listen to actual noise music.

>Now listen to actual noise music.
dont do this

some charts

also noisepope's list on rym will give you everything else that you may want

youre gonna be disappointed if you expect a lot of it to be like mxbx
rather get into noisecore, stuff like the locust or an albatross

>now listen to actual noise.music
Such as?

Groud Zero is amazing, you should actually wander around Yoshihide's discography, which (except for the more formal onkyo stuff) explores the borders between jazz, rock, film music, turntables and noise pretty well.
Would recommend Consume Red
Revolutionary Pekinese Opera
Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Orchestra
Plays the Music of Takeo Yamashita
Dragon Blue - Hades Park
MC Hellshit & DJ Carhouse - live

actual noise music is fine
it's all I listen to

youtube.com/watch?v=pjGDnX4VZBA

The Psychic Paramount - II
Keiji Haino - KoKo
Boredoms - SuperAE // Vision Creation Newsun
Sonic Youth - Washing Machine
Tetsuo the Iron Man Soundtrack
Bardo Pond - Bufo Alvarius Amen 29:15 // Lapsed
Japandroids - Post Nothing
And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - Source Tags and Codes
Lightning Bolt - Earthly Delights // Wonderful Rainbow
Mindflayer - Take Your Skin Off
Rodan - Rusty
Black Tamborine - Black Tamborine
Mclusky - Mclusky Do Dallas
Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
Mercury Rev - Yerself is Steam // Boces
Les Rallizes Denudes - 77 Live
Flipper - Album:Generic
Royal Trux - Accelerator

some of these are not really "essential" or even what you might be looking for but they ought to keep you occupied, assumed that you know very little about the genre

see black metal thread

drop insult

leave

Guys can we stop naming the threads after genres so that anons can stop coming in here and stinking up the place without actually reading the thread

There has to be an online service that allows me to add albums as I wish but not rate them. These are all great but I could swear I heard something else but I can't remember.
Also how come MP3 has existed since the 90s and we still don't have a standard for tagging classical music?

why koko? it's ambienty
fushitshusha live is much more representing

"ambient" music is still noise.

i wasn't as unimpressed with this album as the others
but i'd rather keep listening to this
youtube.com/watch?v=KyQ4AD32SUg

do you think user asked for albums similar to just the outro for cell-scape tho?

youtube.com/watch?v=d6fE8vvfrqs

Reminder

CRIIIIIINGE

k so new genres can't be added till the new site goes up (never). will try again then.

Telstar Drugs
>bedroom pop
this is a guitar album, meaning everyone other than the guitarist does a sub-par job. particularly the drummer almost ruins a few spots like on piglet or the one where the gang tries for a post-rocky climax. lead guitar is also mixed twice as loud as everything else which was kind of annoying but tbf i only listened to it on headphones. sometimes the dude gives me african pop vibes, sometimes it's like if you told the dude from yowie to play mac demarco or something. yeah there’s a few cool riffs, a few for weirdly dissonant ones, all played with the same kinda boring breezy tone that does nothing for me but usually dropped just before overstaying their welcome which makes for probably the most interesting aspect of this album to me, the structureless flow that really helps to distinguish these tracks and make them feel fresh.
i can see (from a distance) why tripup likes it so much, and by contrast why he hates stuff like weezer/pop punk that’s based on more meat n potatoes power chord riffage

both Kreisky albums were closer to my thing than this, they've got a snotty vocalist that i'm not a huge fan of, they sound extremely passive-aggressive, but they're totally danceable. not really sure what the best reference points would be. maybe albini-stuff and blumfeld

Kanzler wins the shortest tournament in /daily/ history by a few hairs

pointless because metalheads, blackies, nu-males are all just subgenera of fedoralords

i think people would do the listenalong more if people picked better albums, or at least more interesting ones.

this album was kinda interesting, in a failed experiment kinda way. i didn't mind listening to it at all, it has this weird quality sometimes when it sounds like some modern tape outsider dance release.
not that i feel like i'd ever listen to it again, but certainly interesting

that's true. i just don't like 80s products of their time much in general.

Post blag meal you kvnts

Saw a batlord shirt on campus yesterday. Costanzaface.png

It's the best part of the album; I don't see why not.

abort this thread

abort terminus

youtu.be/1z1fKQUEJuw

I mean its always a gamble and interesting is subjective innit. I think the main struggle comes from trying to find a hidden gem. A good album that no one has listened to. I would also rather pick a provocative album that everyone shits on than a safe one that is warmly received. Though ideally I'd like to find an album some people love and some hate that spurs some conflict.

>I would also rather pick a provocative album that everyone shits on than a safe one that is warmly received.
that's what i try and do with my picks. i think stick did do that to an extent, and i appreciate that.

good album

> /essential/ black.bmp

My top 5

> Taiga - Gaia
> Baise ma Hache - La Grande Suicide
> Peste Noire x Diapsiquir
> Leviathan - Scar Sighted
> Dark Funeral - Angelus Exuro pro Eternus

youtube.com/watch?v=8B5FRsvX0Qw

>Panzerfaust
weird choice
gotta listen to baise my hache

>wake up and check daily
>A Greater Amount of Shit Than Usual

lesson learned, will never put genres in the edition title

youtube.com/watch?v=B2RK8N5VXGU
im thinkin this might do the job better than Hünengrab im Herbst

o wtf is up with my cover

np i fix it

thank now it's kvlt

oh you wanted cult?
ok i fix it

Worst album cover among your 5.0 or 4.5 ratings?

wow 2c0lt4me

it's like 100% bland

The ultimate
youtube.com/channel/UCWs4oKKBjL9t0lsChG0couQ

>nu-male repellant
>Liturgy
lmao

wow nu-male status: repelled

whoa I really like that

Repel this *teleports behind you*

m8 your so gay you're repelled by my bubble butt

Can you be 2D and have a bubble butt?

It fits the aesthetic but it's still pretty bad

whoa I really like that

i mean it fits the album perfectly, but from a technical standpoint it's not very good.
actually take that back this is worse.

there are several strong contenders but i'll pick this one because it looks like it was slapped together in 5 minutes

that cover looks like i made it for one of my throwaway ambient projects

u wot m8

ok heres the updated tourney chart. im a little confused with the recs, so can fish and jangle confirm i put the right thing? also waiting on a dj mix from stick and trans.

Not even that bad, but it looks like something you'd flip past in a thrift store.

that looks pretty good as far as jazz covers like that go. very cinematic. i like the font.
>welcome to the warp zone
good luck

hey jangles i need a tiebreaker EP from you for my tourney

Damn I didn't believe you but you're right, your 4.5 + have really decent covers.

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/christine_groult/lheure_alors_sincline___/

Yeah, I struggled to find one I could call the worst. I actually don't mind it, but I guess my perception of jazz covers has been tainted by the consistent quality of Blue Note albums.

>replied to myself instead of rod

>when you only realize a reaction image has memes.com in the bottom left corner of it after you post it
welp time to remove another from my horribly dwindling supply of reaction images.

>when you mix up left and right

I'm a lot less embarrassed about my mixup now, thanks.

@Fish if you're still working on the /daily/ chart can you change one of my albums?