ITT: Artists you respect, but can't stomach their fanbases

Pic related. Phish fans are either ketamine users with dreadlocks who spend their life selling cucumber sandwiches in the parking lot outside Phish concerts or douchebags who critique and complain about every aspect of the band's shows. "Ugh Trey aborted the jam during Tube last night right as Mike and Page were hitting their stride."

Note: Both groups look down on anyone who has not been seeing Phish since the early 90s. "I've seen them over 200 times. I bet you never even saw Phish in the 1.0 era, fucking 3.0 noob"

Nirvana fans, especially the teenagers who wear Nirvana T-shirts they got at the mall even though they don't know any of their songs except maybe SLTS.

Let's get an obvious one out of the way

Old white faggots in their 50s-60s who think music died in 1981 or something and only play "real" music at home or in their F150. This gets worse and more common the closer to the southern United States you get. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, REO Speedwagon, Molly Hatchet. That's real music mang, not that fake autotuned niggers beats out today.

I was once told by someone that Cobain was his generation's Beethoven. This was a grown fucking adult man who said this.

Tori Amos fans are the worst I've ever encountered. I like her as an artist, but her fans are the worst, most nauseating collection of PMS-ey daddy issues problem glasses feminists and bitchy gay men.

Neil Young fans are known as "Rusties" and generally consist of aging, gnarled hippies with long greasy white hair they haven't washed since Nixon was president. They're also obsessive about concert bootlegs, sort of like Deadheads.

Queen fans ruined Bohemian Rhapsody for me. Actually, Brian May hates a large portion of their fanbase as well. He said something like "With fans like these, who needs enemies?"

I wonder if Pac even knew who these guys were?

Gojira

They were randomly plopped together at the Grammys. Pac apparently thought the whole thing was hilarious.

KISS fans are major white trash. They make Guns'N'Roses fans look highball, and I say that as someone who enjoys some of their early stuff. KISS concerts are one place where you'll never encounter a black person.

beyonce

Oh god yes, the Beehive. Truly the worst.

Then again, most all pop stars have horrible fanbases.

I wish tool fans would pull their heads out their asses and realize tool makes shitty nu-metal, not some deep music their hyping it to be

Ke$ha fans who think she's some poet/genius when she's just the female Andrew WK or Kid Rock.

what does that even mean

You gotta admit, she knows her audience really well.

Very true. She's p. good at doing party rock, but let's not elevate her into being something she's not.

I would say this except Beyonce is garbage and I don't even respect her as a human.

Your nigger music does suck though, cuck.

Their fans are worse than Radiohead fans because while they too are pretentious and full of themselves, due to Tool's progressive nature also think themselves to be of higher intelligence than everyone else who 'just doesn't understand the music'. I love the music but Tool's fans are insufferable. And enough whining about the next Tool album already, they'll release it when they can, they don't owe fans fuck all.

God, NIRVANA fans...

Arctic Monkeys. No, listening to some British indie band doesn't make you smart or sophisticated.

Phish is fucking horrible through and through

Justin Bieber fans in 2010-12 were absolutely horrendous, especially since his music then was ear rape (his new stuff, while not amazing, is at least tolerable). One Direction and Jonas Brothers fans were also the worst.

this

True

I'm an oldfag who was in school in the 80s, and back then the big thing going on was the rivalry between punk/New Wave fans and metalheads. The punk/New Wave fans were usually pretty low-key and could only be detected by their unusual fashion sense. Generally, they were quiet and didn't bother anyone. The metalheads however were totally insufferable and in your face, and they delighted in scrawling graffiti everywhere. Especially Iron Maiden fans, they were the worst. It got tiresome seeing Maiden logos carved into desks or scrawled on the wall in the bathrooms.

probably Grimes fans

Hip-hop attracts some truly terrible fans, especially the Jay-Z/Nas faggots who still talk about a beef that happened like 20 years ago. Same goes for 50 Cent/Game faggots or Pac/Biggie faggots.

Kanye hypebeasts / dick riders

metalheads now are just as bad in my experience, they pride themselves on finding obscure metal which is totally fair enough but they also pride themselves on being completely ignorant to other genres of music
actual conversation i overheard once:
>guy: foo fighters are probably my favourite band
>metalhead: oh i've never heard of them, what genre are they?
>guy: they're a rock band
>metalhead: oh i won't like them then
like fair enough foo fighters are shit but if youve never heard of them how can you completely write them off based on their genre?

I mean, really. Especially the ones who defend The Life of Pablo when it fell off the charts and quietly vanished in a couple of weeks.

Love him, but hate what he created...
spawned a bunch of copy cat bands and people trying to rip his dadcore style...

autechre
I went to one of their concerts when I was fifteen and a 35 year old woman was hitting on me

Yeah I'm a meathead, living for it, but some really are ignorant

1. Nas fans who won't accept that he lost it after Stillmatic
2. Eminem fans (similar to Nas fans)
3. Lil Wayne fans
4. Kanye fans (so overrated it's not even funny)
5. 50 Cent fans (he wasn't that great of a rapper, he just had excellent beats and a marketable story)
6. Biggie fans (very overrated)
7. Jay Z fans (they only like his money)

Why do black people get offended when you say you dont like Beyonce?

>bad

>5. 50 Cent fans (he wasn't that great of a rapper, he just had excellent beats and a marketable story)
buthat'swrongyoufaggot.jpg

50 was attracting a buzz in the hip-hop community since his first mixtapes on Power of the Dollar, which was all recorded in 1998-99, although not released until after he was shot.

How To Rob took potshots at numerous big names in hip-hop/R&B, and he got Jay Z, Big Pun, and Wu Tang Clan to respond. This was an underground rapper nobody'd ever heard of with no major label support yet, and the fact that he managed to get some of the biggest rappers in the biz to answer him back was quite a feat.

Post-shooting 50 didn't lose a step either, which proves he was himself before the shooting, and would have still gotten huge even without that happening.

shit need to start going to autechre concerts

slay

Beyonce was tolerable up to about 2006 or so. Since Obama, she just became an obnoxious black empowerment mouthpiece.

This. also Czech 'em

Τοοl, easily. One of my favourite bands, but the majority of the fanbase is narcissistic, self righteous 15 year old atheists.

"YASSSSSS B SLAYYYY"

I don't even mind Beyoncé too much (she's better than most shitty pop stars at least) but the people who worship her like she's some god are so obnoxious. She's only slightly more tolerable than most.

this, I used to be a hardcore tool fan in high school, holy shit I'm ashamed of those years. Aenema is a great album and they're all good musicians, but there's nothing really DEEP about their music.

I would have said Eminem if he stopped rapping after Relapse but I lost all respect for him after that

based brian>freddie

Dadrockfags who claim they listen to everything except hip-hop and country, but in reality just masturbate to Led Zeppelin and the Beatles and share Facebook pics comparing Queen to Justin Bieber and wishing they'd been alive in the 70s.

This, except Beyonce her self is shite too.

If these retards for once would bother listening to music beyond top 40, they might find some cool stuff. Or on the other side of the coin, check the Billboard charts from the 70s to see how many shitty songs/artists there were that nobody remembers anymore.

Most fanbases are nice and accepting enough, throw decent parties or are too small and unnoticeable to be anything other than nothing.

>"YASSSSSS B SLAYYYY"
lol'd. I've seen shit like that before despite not listening to her stuff or generally talking with people about her.

How do people say stuff like that non-ironically and not feel retarded?

The exception being maybe

>gets outraged because he can't think analogously and/or simply respect someone else's opinion
Okay. That's your problem.

My Chemical Romance
their fans are still insufferable

Industrial purists.

British Elvis fans are weird, man. In the US the stereotypical Elvis fan was always some older white trash woman who decorated her mobile home with tons of tacky Elvis merch, but in Britain they're a strange bunch of chavs with tattoos who smoke, drink, and play pool. And they only know/care about his 50s stuff, the fat Vegas lounge act Elvis is off their radar entirely.

I can't say that I have much of an opinion on fanbases since I've never been to a concert and don't really discuss music much (I accidentally clicked on Sup Forums and decided to lurk). I do enjoy Tool, however, and I feel like a lot of their fans are probably pseudo-intellectual 19 year olds and/or edgy nihilists.

Any merit to this generalized assumption?

slightly off topic but l was just thinking if ANY band/artist had the biggest impact on the fans as the Beatles? then I saw this thread and remembered Elvis. so how many here think the Beatles had the most rabid fans and which preferred Elvis?? just wondering?

they are actually not bad, but their fangirls need to die

both were before my time so i never really got to experience the mania in full swing first hand, but from what i've heard the beatles mania was much more widespread and aggressive
however of the people ive met now the elvis fans seem to be more crazy obsessive and hardcore than the beatles fans, though that could be because i live in england where elvis fans are fewer so they stand out to me more

You would have needed to gauge the fathoms of teenage girl urine flooding out their respective concert halls to discover that.

>You would have needed to gauge the fathoms of teenage girl urine flooding out their respective concert halls to discover that.

Aiy, it's true. The Who mentioned it in Quadrophenia--"The ushers are sniffing Eau-de-cologning". What it means is that ushers would go down the aisles and spray the seats with cologne to eradicate the smell.

Bill Wyman also spoke of the floors being slicked with urine at early Stones shows.

Bob Geldof said he went to a Beatles show once and the girls were so insane with excitement that they were peeing themselves left and right and it was all over the place, so whenever the Beatles are brought up, the first thing that he thinks of is the fetid smell of urine.

Pac was a noted fan of Kate Bush and other respected musical artists, I'm sure he knew who KISS were, even if they are complete garbage

Nu GNR fans who showed up during the Chinese Democracy era and somehow convinced themselves that Axl was prime for a huge comeback.