Why are late night talk show hosts so unfunny?

Why are late night talk show hosts so unfunny?

youtube.com/watch?v=HvV2JY8kbgI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/42gN8eqTh54
youtube.com/watch?v=Zyt64atjBMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're not the target audience

>more white booing than a casper movie

1. How do you know they're white?
2. Why is their race important?
3. How dare you make that terrible pun

Because they're all the same

>seth meyers
well found your first problem

its an election year.

does anyone unironically watch seth myers show? I forgot that guy existed

>all of this truth

i would not expect little kidz on summer break to understand the simple practice of being mature and voting for the candidate that isn't a doofus that will make our country look retarded

The target audience must consist of white males with masochistic tendencies.
This guy despises his main viewers.

Filthy kike, he just wants Clinton because she's an Israel whore.

>watching late night trash
Get some taste or stay on Sup Forums and Sup Forums, pleb

He looks like a shit Ray Wise.

hey shill, you need to be retrained on your shilling fyi, insulting bernie supporters isn't how you will get them to vote for monster Shillary

A need to be topical and have material 5 times a week with talent that if they were good enough to do this would generally be working for someone else making a lot more money.

Outside of that, I don't think anyone wants them to be funny. Starting with the Leno/Letterman era, they stopped being as much about entertainment as for a stop off in an advertising press junket to promote some kind of movie/tv show/book. It's like they reduced down the old variety show to their advertising platform essence.

because its a horrible format

Doesn't matter if you were the greatest comedian of your generation, late night chat shows are impossible to make interesting.

A lot of late night is meant to cater to the LCD, so it needs to be really safe. Nothing to upset the status quo or rock the boat too much. They also make sure the guest is the focus most of the time, since people really just want to humanize celebrities, which is why they tune in to modern late night. It makes the whole thing come across as safe, and therefore unfunny. It's a shame, too, because people like Colbert, Kimmel, and even Fallon once upon a time were really fucking funny comedians.

Semi-related, I think Corden is the best late night show right now. He's in it just to have fun, and it really shows that he's loving the job, and I like his 2 or 3 guests at a time schtick because it facilitates natural conversation and doesnt end up being as cringey, even if it is still all pre-planned

Corden's ok, but Ferguson was way funnier. I don't really understand why Ferguson got such shit ratings. He didn't have flashy skits or production, but his interviews and random comments were way better than any of the other shows.

Timeslot.

When did the Democratic platform turn into shitting on white people every chance they get?

jimmy fallon is GOAT though

You don't have to be funny, just be a jew or suck the jew cock.

Being funny is almost all writers anyway, almost anyone can be funny with enough money.

I don't understand, why do late night hosts want to cater to televisions and monitors?

>I know I raped your daughters, stole all your stuff and sliced your cat in two but hey...look at the other guy! he did all of that and had shit on his shoes.

No, he's really not.

Kimmel is the only watchable late night show these days.

>we, we, we

So, they're not even pretending unbiased opinions, huh? Democrats are THAT desperate!

Why? goat music taste, inclusive band, good quick humor, no serious issues or politics.

The parties are re-alligning to become the non-white party and the white party.

>unbiased
AHM A FUKKIN REETARD HEW GITS ALL MAH NEWZZ FRUM FUNNY FOLK

Seth basically turned his show into weekend update because that is all he did with SNL. He also throws in some Colbert esque sements but it's still not original or very funny.

The guy can't even snap his fingers

>Why? goat music taste
Opinion.
>inclusive band
What does that have to do with anything?
>good quick humor
Opinion
>no serious issues or politics
That's a weakness, not a strength. Not everything or a majority needs to be "serious", but it does need to happen from time to time.

>hardcore bernie supporters

as if saying they're hardcore makes them the evil ones, oy vey

>Why are late night talk show hosts so unfunny?

Obvious Bernie or Bust Bro is obvious.

Late Night died when Craig Ferguson left

With Netflix, Hulu, Youtube etc, are late night shows outdated?

youtu.be/42gN8eqTh54

Hey you hear about the thing with everkearj;f

>everkearj;f
obk, whwwsg to yto mean>

as are all late night shows? i find him funny so i dont need to care about your OPINION

youtube.com/watch?v=Zyt64atjBMw

who is he?

also those trips look nice on you

>as are all late night shows? i find him funny so i dont need to care about your OPINION
I'm not the one that's trying to claim him "Greatest of All Time" as though it were a fact. It's also really, really hard to claim such when Johnny Carson exists just through the longevity aspect alone.

>Johnny Carson
seriously whom?

Craig Ferguson mastered the art tbqh. An absurdist chat show is no mean feat.

>you need to vote for hillary because if you dont LITERALLY HITLER will take over

wow, what a great way to rally people around a candidate

HAHAHAHA. You seriously think you can name someone GOAT without even knowing who Carson is? How are you even on Sup Forums?

God I hate Ben and Jerry's.
Just how many different flavors of caramel and chocolate or peanut butter and chocolate with gobs and chunks and slabs and chips and pieces of chocolate can you make?

Because the great ones are already gone.

Carson is dead.
Letterman and Leno are retired.
Craig Ferguson quit.
Conan's spirit is shattered.

Don't vote for Hillary then. Gotcha.

And why are there still white people left who identify as part of a party that hates them?

Because they're self-hating whites who want to believe that all the problems in the country and the world are their own fault.

Thank you for correcting the record.

anybody who will vote for Hillary is absolutely retarded

They've become pro establishment muppets.

Berniebro tears are SO delicious.

You're right, the mature thing to do is NOT to vote for the corrupt American Merkel.

Ferguson > Conan >>>>>>>>>>>> rest

Yes

Seth Meyers is objectively the worst.

He just resorts to >republicans lmao humor. which is really just saying liberal opinions smugly

>Bernouts mad as fuck

i love how they're just insulting berniecucks because they refuse to vote for the person that broke the law and cheated their way to the nomination

Has insulting someone to get them to your side ever worked? Why is the media attacking Bernie supporters when they should be buttering their bread?

I genuinely unironically enjoy Jimmy Fallon
Fight me

Jimmy at least as an innocent likability to him. Seth Meyers is just boring. He's mayonnaise on white bread

Imagine the shitstorm if the republican party selected someone other than Trump for the nomination. I wish that happened. I also wish Trump would have then went in the race as independent, with Sanders doing the same thing in regards to the dems. 4 way presidential race, the shit-storm of the century.

>adult enough to pretend he doesn't hate Hillary
>cuck means adult now

their whole party is a shambles right now.

you know how fucked you are when the only argument you have to vote for her is to stop trump

Mayonnaise is fucking gross

So is Seth Meyers

I have no opinion on Seth Meyers, I was just stating my dislike for gross ass mayonnaise

>segment is called hey

lazy and awkward

>more white booing than the casper movie

[nervous laughter]

an old reference that didnt really land

>goes on to reference drum circles
>fake laughter ensues

yeah, I'm not finishing this. Snarky humor clearly aimed at baby boomers. They're not even being subtle. A corrupt wankfest

I would love to know what connections those showrunners have to the Hillary campaign

>Carson
>ever good