Were they the natural conclusion of the rock genre?

Were they the natural conclusion of the rock genre?

Even fucking Foo Fighters are better.

No, Can were.

wrong

Nah but they sparked a new more self aware era of it. Plus they were part of the first generation that could grow up listening to the pioneers of more artistic rock music. It was timing, and the right people and environment.
Rock is a relatively young genre and new people raised on its roots will continue to push it in new directions

Nope, that would be Shellac. Especially with their album At Action Park, which came out in 1994 on Touch and Go Records.

haha they legitimately are though

Do you know how rare it is to find a well composed, rational, and interesting comment on this board? Thank you for this.

Why did Kurt Cobain acted like he was some kind of special snowflake?

Shame he is wrong lol

Hi Steve

>Rock is a relatively young genre

Rock is an old man genre that's more unpopular in the mainstream than it ever was in the past few decades. It's been on a downward spiral since 94-95 and aside from the garage rock revival of the early 2000s there isn't much that people have done with it.

The biggest rock albums of last year were done by people who had already established themselves during the time it was relevant (David Bowie, Radiohead)

>clarksonposting

Rock is young compared to most of the genres that came before the 50s but an old mans genre compared to newer style. Old people have dominated rock for a while tough. I mean the interesting side of todays rock is a lot less marketable to an audience but trust me innovation has slowed down to a degree and I see where you're coming from
Also
>1994-95
>Downward Spiral
I see what you did there

Meh

Whats albini up to now anyway?

Rock peaked with Krautrock, its been downhill ever since

Nah i being serious when you see his interviews he always acts like he is some kind of blessed person who suffered a lot and passad through some heavy shit. Even though i saw more robots with fucked up shit in their lifes than this whinny ass Self-proclaimed cunt

Nah, it's white pepper.

Easily top 3 Ween

he seemed really polite and down to earth from the interviews ive seen. the Watch mojo interview of him seemed like he wasnt even this big rock star type at all

How was Can the natural conclusion of rock?

Because it can

Albini's still recording bands, nothing unusual.

sedimentary metal

No, Radiohead were.

MUH nirvana is sooo depressing

DESU the transition from ok computer to kid a killed rock.

Radiohead are britpop, tho.

Natural conlusion
Maybe their first two albums

IMO nirvana was the last hoorah!!!! To the genre being prominent in the mainstream.

Nu Metal was, like it or not

Not even their first two albums.

Idk why I'm supposed to be taking what you're saying seriously.

>there hasn't been a mainstream rock album in over a decade

This