Decide to emulate the 80's

>Decide to emulate the 80's
>CHOOSES THE EARLY 80'S
>Don't use film
>Modern writing

Should I even finish watching this trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/xgJK4
youtube.com/watch?v=lTmLcLh3bDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Modern writing

Nigger what does this mean?

What the fuck does that even mean?

The 80's is fucking contemporary you spazz. This isn't some DaVinci's Demons shit where they are using words like, "Whoa" and "Cool" in a setting literally half a fucking millennium ago.

No it's fucking shit and I'm tired of everyone talking about it. It's literally for reddit nu-males who don't know shit about good screenwriting.

This shit is riddled with plot holes and is a completely empty experience. Nothing fucking happens and they reveal the entire story in one episode. I never seen more atrocious pacing, the only reason normies like it is because it's "so horror scaryxD i miss the 80s lol"

you should kill yourself

What's wrong with the early 80s?

Or maybe you just don't like it, and ypu don't like people liking it (that part is obvious) because you said nothing in that lot of words. And for the record, I haven't seen it, but i am interested in watching it.

This, if you watch back to the future, or any 80's movie, the language is pretty modern.

>The 80's is fucking contemporary
LOL

80 - 84 was basically still the 70's.

>It received very positive reviews for its characterization, pacing, atmosphere, acting, soundtrack, directing, writing, and homages to 1980s genre films.

I like this "nu-male" meme. I appreciate the irony of its use in this context.

Literally the next character after that reads "[citation needed]".

You can make a fucking book on the plot holes in this series. It makes no fucking sense and they don't explain anything about the Upside Down. How the fuck did Will survive for months in a TOXIC ATMOSPHERE WITH NO FOOD OR WATER?? The writers don't even try to explain that shit, they just expect everyone to forget about it while the mom has yet another hysterical scene.

whoa man spoilers
i'm on the first episode

I would leave this board until you're finished

It's not a spoiler faggot this shit is so predictable because they literally kill and intrigue and suspense in the first episode. If you watched literally any movie from the 80s you can absolutely predict how this season will turn out. It is baffling how it is being praised so much, it just goes to show how much everyone lowered their standards for screen writing.

>How the fuck did Will survive for months in a TOXIC ATMOSPHERE WITH NO FOOD OR WATER?
The show takes place over the course of like 5 days. Some items are present in the Upside Down as you can see when Hopper and Joyce go in it, so Will probably just ate anything that was canned inside his home

Are you the same guy who posted a list of 'plot holes' earlier that were consequently explained away?

It's fine if you don't like it bro, but don't make shit up when it's a perfectly good TV series.

WHERE THE FUCK IS "OUR" GUY?

How is the monster even reproducing if every host it brings in dies? The atmosphere is obviously not toxic and the suits are precautionary

Where is the timeline ever stated? There was not food shown in the Upside Down. It's sloppy writing for them not be explicit about the series timeline.

>it's a perfectly good TV series.

Kindly shut the fuck up dude. Can you quit being a fan boy for a second and think that this series might actually have several glaring flaws? This isn't a master piece and it has fundamental flaws in directing, writing, and soundtrack. The acting is so over the top so emotionally weak audience can cry crocodile tears whenever the mom cries.

then don't

problem solved

lmao you're so autistic. It's a solid 8/10 that came out of nowhere.

perfectly good doesn't mean perfect spazz.

>This isn't a master piece

Did I say that? I said "perfectly good" which I'd use to describe something I could watch all the way through and be happy with what I've seen. How about you stop being so salty and hating everything about it?

They literally state the timeline in one of the last episodes. Can't remember which, but they specifically say seven days. You absolute piece of shit.

The mother mentions in the second to last episode that her son has been missing for "almost a week".

It's basically a day per episode. Less, actually.

There's no timeline stated, but if you pay attention you can see it just happens over the course of a couple of days. If you want actual in show reference, at one point Joyce states that Will has been missing for about a week to Eleven's mom.

>There was not food shown in the Upside Down.
When Hopper and Joyce go into it you can clearly see cars and all sorts of objects in it, it's an echo of the real world. The idea that there would be food items and such in the Upside Down isn't far fetched at all. They didn't show Will finding food to eat because it would ruin the mystery early on about what had actually happened to him.
You're just grasping at straws about some things that didn't need explaining for anyone with half a brain to come to a sound conclusion of. The show does have writing problems but you're probably too stupid to even realize which ones they are.

I don't hate everything about it but after seeing how everyone is praising it like it's the greatest series ever is stupid. I re-watched it and there's a shit ton of fundamental issues people missed. The modern audience truly lowered their standards for screenwriting and anything that isn't horse shit is now an incredible 10/10.

> This shit is riddled with plot holes

go on then

If I had a problem with this show it was that they were too quick to get the monster on screen. It should have been a lot of shadowy glimpses, maybe a quick shot of a clawed hand, something like that. Save the full reveal for the final episode, make it quick, and use the money you saved on shoddy CGI to make the thing goddamn practical. The beauty of being coy with the monster is that you can make it real and it won't obviously be a guy in a rubber suit. Alien did this perfectly.

I'm sure we can all agree that this guy and his giant head and giant hair has the most punchable face in recent memory

The Babadook did this well.

One of the biggest plot holes is the mechanics of the monster, they make no fucking sense. Literally the monster appears where the writer feels it is convenient for the plot. They claim the monster is "attracted to blood". Are you fucking kidding me? Are they seriously trying to imply that literally no one else in the town had a cut or a wound that attracted the monster except for the main characters. How far fetched.

The second huge plot hole is that Will wasn't even bleeding when the monster took him. The monster literally took Will by random, so the writers can't even follow their own rules in the first 5 minutes.

minor plot holes at best

Sharks are drawn to blood, but they don't only eat things that are bleeding.

there's one scene, not really a plot hole but more of a consistency problem. the monster was in the house with the kids yet hopper and joyce were in the same place just in the upside down. every time the monster disappeared shouldn't it have been in the upside down with joyce and hopper?
i thought it was gonna be this really creepy scene where the monster would constantly run into the two groups and the other group would hear their screaming from the other side.

>not douchebag to the left

Prove him wrong you dumb cunt.

You're a fag OP, the only thing they didn't respect was the monster. If they wanted that 80s feel, it should not have been CGI at all

fuck off byers

Holy shit, it is the exact same guy that started the last thread.

>el gets blacked by lucas

The nose is going too far this time.

They show that the monster doesn't stray far from where it came from and had basically established the woods around Will's house as a hunting ground. They also say in episode 5 that some hunters went missing in the woods there so the monster was going after people other than the protagonists.

OH MY GOD

she's loli portman tier in this picture.

How is he a Chad? He's ugly as fuck.

Huh I'd forgotten all about the hunters. They never followed up on that. I guess our heroes were like "Eh I didn't know them, they can be monster food."

We don't know for sure how the monster works.
One thing to keep in mind is that they realized that it mostly hunts in the same area, so it probably sticks to it, being attracted to blood within it's preferred hunting grounds (with the blood thing being reiterated by characters many times that it's only a theory).
It probably went to the school because the blood from like 6 dead bodies was probably irresistible and worth going outside of it's usual territory for.

>that Will wasn't even bleeding when the monster took him
It's possible he hurt himself when he crashed his bike.
Even then, Will just got unlucky, the creature was out hunting and Will happened to stumble on it, like Nancy managed to when she went back to Steve's house. Not everything that has to happen on purpose.

Hell, even sharks are a good comparison. They're territorial, but if you stumble upon one or bleed somewhere near it, it'll come fuck you up.

I don't think it's really a consistency problem. You can see that after it came back to the Upside Down it immediately left, probably went on it's way back to wherever its den is to rest (if it needed to)

i didnt know Jack Black had a kid !

btw why is Mike never in these pictures ?

If you were paying attention, you would have noticed the dialogue that stated "at least 6 people are missing". It is safe to assume that the monster was kidnapping other people, but in order to avoid bloating the already sizeable cast with other people showing up for one scene to get captured, they just conveyed that point with dialogue between the characters we were already spending time with and developing. You can argue that this is lazy, but I think it's actually fitting since on of the main characters is the sherrif of the town and it's his job to find the missing people anyway.

Also, will was bleeding. I forget exactly how but when he crashed his bike they showed him scraping his knee or something.

There are certainly some minor inconsistencies but overall the writing is really tight, and anything you can come up with as a deal-breaking "plot hole" can be explained away with a little bit of critical thinking. There's no fun when everything is spoonfed to you and explained away. So Just chill out and enjoy a fun sci-fi show in the otherwise dead months of July and August

He's in the cast for the "IT" remake. Most likely really busy with the filming for that.

>Modern writing
nigger how stupid are you

The blood thing was just a guess by Nancy and Jonathan. I wouldn't say that breaking that is necessarily a plot hole but rather an error by characters.

nigga we don't fucking care if you finish it or not, it's fucking kino wether you watch it or not, fuck off with your pretentious bullshit

Not sure which heroes you're referring to. Why would the kids or families know or care about them when they're already busy trying to find Will? When the other cops told Hopper about it he already knew it was related to what happened to Will because it was in the same place. He most likely let the regular beat cops do the desk work on that case while he was out looking.

>Mike is not a kissless virgin thanks to that scene with El
>he'll lose his virginity thanks to THAT scene
DANG

>It's literally for reddit nu-males who don't know shit about good screenwriting
More like that it's for normal people who just want quick entertainment instead of over analyzing everything like an autist.
I still like to have people like you around here because that's what Sup Forums is for.

>some troll baits Sup Forums for the 3rd time today

Stop fucking biting

You couldn't be more fucking wrong.

if anything, this show reaffirmed my hatred of the clash.

Why?

I've never posted about this before, I'm still on the first episode.
It's so boring. I'm getting an 80's vibe at all.

Well we're lucky your shitty opinon does not dictate the market

so do you internet marketers just decided at random who's going to spam what, to keep it "fresh?"

Will is a preteeen mom to, it's like pottery.

>Should I even finish watching this trash?
No, you should kill yourself now.

jesus

>calls bait
>gets baited
b8

Reminded me how sexy MP5s are

This to be quite honest.

Its a decent show in an 80s wrapper. People are touting it like its mind blowing lol.

>Put switch on white bullet
>Suddenly can't shot
>Get killed
What the fuck

Nobody reacted like it was the greatest thing, but it clearly is the best mainstream serie to comes this year

The first episode was boring, but I'm 13 minutes into the second and really enjoying this.
I guess I spoke too soon when I made this thread.

How are those huge plot holes? And no one's saying this series is the best ever. You're just salty something you don't like is popular. Don't be like that, you can't control the world, you'll only be stressed, and that shit causes cancer.

If you don't finish watching it, let's face facts, no one will give a shit really lmao

>hating a series after watching the intro episode

Why are you like this OP? Look at the mayhem you caused.

The nutty faced creature ate a deer didn't it? Took it into the upside down from the forest, It's hardly going to make a burger.

So, the monster just walked though 9mms right?

if you watch an 80s show vs a modern show they're written very differently. maybe that's what OP meant.

9mm and 38. Special didn't phase it at all, I'm sure a shotgun or rifle would have knocked it down at least.

That is something that sort of bothered me. Why didn't Johnathan go into the shed and get the rifle? Unless the monster took it with Will, and even if it did, would that not be suspicious?

There's clearly not enough El posting in here. EL POSTERS ASSEMBLE!

Fresh off the presses:

webmshare.com/play/xgJK4

senpaitachi? W-where are you?

>mfw Dustin will have a stand in season 2 allowing him to summon snack foods

Obviously. In 2016 people don't talk the way people did in 1983, but the show and characters are written like it's 2016.

while watching*

shes seems like a cunt tobehonestwithyoufam
youtube.com/watch?v=lTmLcLh3bDk

I just cant wait for inevitably Snowball Dance scene. That will be nice.

Until they decide that its time to do their tribute to Carrie

This is the new Stranger Things general thread since the old one got archived

how many times can she say the word "intriguing"? time to expand your vocabulary millie

Shes just a kid trying to sound mature, that doesnt make her a cunt.
Emma Watson was like that. Now shes an elegant woman.

You don't even need food to survive for 5 days, people have gone on for longer without, also, as stated by other people, there are real world objects reflected still, so stop being an edgelord autist and accept that perhaps your qualms are really minor

>tfw a 10 year old seems to be smarter, more talented and more sociable than you

>all these fucking pedos obsessing over a fucking child
can we talk about the important things?
where do they make grills like this?

>Primary weapon (MP5K) is chambered in a weaker round than the secondary (M1911)

I loved this show, but I don't know why this bugged me so much

To those 3 butthurt anons that are pissed ppl like this show, people don't think its the greatest evar, its ok not to like something other people like, i'm sorry its taking away from your capeshit threads, but don't worry ok, i'm sure we like something you do to.

Really your acting like that one kid that didn't get a GameBoy and feels left out.