Why hasn't Doom spawned more copycats in terms of style...

Why hasn't Doom spawned more copycats in terms of style? He's pretty much on the mount rushmore of indie rap but no one else even attempts his style. Why aren't there more people trying to rap like him? Even his production has become pretty influential but his rapping is kind of off in its own bubble.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hm7nEJ-8OD0
soundcloud.com/OMEGN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guess he's not good enough as you think he is.
That or people just don't know about him.

>no one else even attempts his style.
Earl.

To say that no one imitates him is a pretty broad exaggeration. I mean, Earl Sweatshirt is one of the more popular rappers out right now and the Doom influence in his music is extremely obvious.

Nobody gives a fuck about Doom, he's not a notable rapper outside of the fantasies of a small bunch of people who don't really listen to much rap.

I'm not an expert at all, but i think it's because his style is hard to emulate ?
Like, mumble rap is easy, it doesn't require much work.
But DOOM puts emphasis on story telling, rhymes, tempo, the whole deal!

Are you saying DOOM isn't the best ever ?

isn't earl kendricks favorite rapper?

if that's the case DOOM truly is your favorite rappers favorite rappers favorite rapper

There are some like Earl, maybe Joey. But overall it requires too much effort.

>That or people just don't know about him.
Also This. He's more of your favourite rapper's favourite rapper.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hm7nEJ-8OD0

Earl is kind of a weird eminem-doom hybrid. He's kinda close I guess but he's still pretty distinct. I think it'd be fairer to. call doom an influence of Earl rather than earl trying to rap like doom.

I tried it for a while. I really think my lyrics were on the same level as his, maybe even better sometimes but in the end I just sounded like a fat white guy trying to imitate DOOM. I think his thing only works if you're black. He should definitely hire me as a ghostwriter though.

Because his style 100% comes from half-assing his delivery and paying little mind to actual flow

It's hard to TRY to sound like you don't give a fuck

>It's hard to TRY to sound like you don't give a fuck
He only really does that with Madvillainly, he sounds pretty into it on Doomsday and TMTYL

>There are some like Earl, maybe Joey. But overall it requires too much effort.
But it sounds so effortless

lmao
please post your songs

>But it sounds so effortless
Why? Because they're monotone? It's how it seems vs what it actually is.

SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU PUSSY REIDING COCK SCJIJNG BITCH NIGGER AFGGOTT

because they sound so relaxed. the tone is laid back. it just sounds like he's effortlessly talking and all of these rhymes are just falling out of his face.

i'm not disputing that it takes effort btw, i think making it sound effortless is probably the hardest part

whats up jonwayne i know you post here

Ehhh nowadays Earl is in his own bubble. I could see it on Doris tho

>Implying Earl has been good lately
I'll grant you that he was a DOOM successor for awhile there but he hasn't dropped something 10/10 yet

I feel like you're hating on DOOM but I'm a pretty big fan and I'll say I agree with this and think it's a good thing. I personally think his lyricism is top notch and his flow is sick, but he truly sounds like he's barely trying. Adds to the mystique. I also find rappers that really try to go in but end up mediocre super cringy, so there's that.

Not really. His flow is loose as fuck, he uses the beat more as a vague idea of rhythm rather than a strict guideline. His whole style post-KMD is based around phoning it in.

kek

lol

Yeah if doom didn't have his "just rolled out of bed in my magic floating castle" delivery he'd probably sound like a hippity hop battle rapper the way he uses multis. His lazy sounding flow is a huge benefit for him

Does anyone else find it really fucking weird that he's British?

It's not even like he was just born there and moved to the states, he moved to the states in his teens. He doesn't sound English at fucking all. I don't know how he stripped himself from his accent but you can't hear it, even when he's speaking in interviews. It's a really fucking bizarre thing to me.

Earl is DOOM + Eminem.
Roc Marciano is DOOM + Raekwon.

~ Bͭ͌̽U͂̋͗ͬ̓ͩ̚G̎ͣ̔̍ͪSͧ̓ͣ ~

soundcloud.com/OMEGN
> DARK -PHY
> LO -SLIPS

>He's pretty on the mount rushmore of indie rap
>On the mount rushmore

Get off of Sup Forums, Justin Hunte
[spoiler]You Saturday breakdowns are dope though.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Tell james to roll the clip again, see what happens.[/spoiler]

No one should seriously have DOOM in their top 10, as much as I like him myself.

what the fuck are you talking about faggot

but he's literally a top 5 DOA

If you don't listen to hip-hop I guess...

Justin Hunte from HipHopdx would use phrasing like that. I'm pulling some dumb move and making a huge leap and assuming OP watches his saturday breakdown.

Let me be autistic in peace, please.

He really isn't. His influence on the genre is negligible at best. He's respected for his alternative and underground approach to hip hop but there are so many more important, ground breaking rappers that he shouldn't be in the discussion of greats.

influence is irrelevant
if we were talking about top 10 most influential rappers i'd agree with you

Rap has a really low barrier of entry, especially trendy rap. Why copy one of the most skillful styles that doesn't even sell well when you can make Smash Bros parodies and mumble trap shit?

Bitch, I got the juice in the carpet