What is your honest opinion on the new Gorillaz album? Out of 10, what would you rate it?

What is your honest opinion on the new Gorillaz album? Out of 10, what would you rate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh9_Z3AOTM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yup

right now 6-7, but it wouldn't surprise me, if it would grow on me

It's a 5

unironically

Noithing will ever be a second demon days, but this is a pretty strong record

DD > PB > Humanz > S/T > The Fall

Is it bad that this has grown to be my favorite Gorillaz album

fuck all the haters its still pretty good album

>even including the fall

x DDDDDDDDDDD

4 from me

At the point they fully swithced to electronic.
Good quality in general, some lines are shit, but everything sounds pretty generic.
6/10

S/T > DD > Humanz > Plastic Beach > G - Sides > D - Sides > The Fall

strobelite is great

momentz is 10/10

Fucking terrible. Hard to believe this came from the same dude who wrote Hong Kong.
4/10

Asking the Gorillaz to sound like they used to is the anathema of the band.

Hong Kong is one of their best songs though, but I appreciate the nightmareish house party vibe for just being fresh compared to the rest of their work (but not so different from most music today, which is I think the issue).

I'm not asking for them to sound the way they used to.
I'm asking for a decently written song that doesn't sound like a fucking ADHD inspired mess with jumbled features and no coherent hooks or melodies.

8/10

The only tracks I didn't care for were Saturn Barz and Murder Sex Party.
The rest were pretty fantastic, and I thought the features went over incredibly well considering the diversity of the artists, all this while also have a very distinct sound to the whole record which definetly is identifiable as Gorillaz

a forgettable album. Not in the sense is bad, but it has no soul

6.5/10, i like almost every song, but the theme isn't very cohesive and the sound kinda blends in together, leading to a boring experience. Thinking of it as a "end of the world" party and visualizing each song as a level on an elevator helps the theme overall. I wish Grace Jones would've invoked more "Corporate Cannibal" vibes on the song "Charger"

PB>DD>H>s/t

8/10

light 4

4/10 where 5/10 is average

The issue is that with so many songs and guest features, inevitably some songs you are guaranteed to like and some dislike.

That said its probably a 7 for me. Saturnz Barz and Let Me Out shine the most. Strobelight, Sex Murder Party and Out of Body I also really like.

first time going through it 6/10

listening it again 8/10

listening to it several more times and outside, 9.5/10

ok

I hated it because a third of the songs are garbage. If I ignore that third, I like it a bunch.

/thread

The music is in bad taste.
The songs are politically run, sometimes mentioning about harm to Trump.
The funk is gone.
Needs to think of better things than to get 'fit' with the generation.

6 at first but jumps to an 8 over time.

4/10 for me

3/10

6/10 at first
8/10 NOW

I've heard it 3 times now, I don't really pay attention to lyrics.

>Rating: 5 / 10

Certainly their best in a decade, but there were too many irritating noises/vocals and it felt like it was trying somewhat too hard to feel "modern" and I felt moments of trying to imitate Random Access Memories in there, which wasn't as good of an album as many make it out to be.

Andromeda, Let Me Out, and Sex Murder Party stood out to me.

5/10 to much filler, they are suposed too be a collaboration band, but ruined a lot of the songs with shit instrumentals, clearly dont know hot to produce rap, couldnt even make the bars fall on beat, but got out of their way to do so(to imprres his tennage daughter WTF), failing miserably, imo should stick to feaure indie electronica like little dragon or more rappers like vince, pusha and danny got buried on their tracks, some decent songs but didnt live up to the hype, lees than 40% of the whole album actually listenable, fail at using dumb useles interludes, should take notes from kendrik, or madlib or Wu tang next time

Fuck it, it's a 4.
Media Will Kill

liking Sex Murder Party hahahaha
dont know if trolling hahahah

>d... do i fit in guys?

>supposed to be _______
>couldnt even make the bars fall on the beat ???
4/10 opinion, 7.5/10 album

is it the same guy posting this shitty meme everywhere
you're not funny

7/10. Some of the songs are growing on me but most are nothing to write home about. I think too many collab tracks broke up the flow.

why 7.5? Why the low standard? what other albums do you rate 7.5? just to get your rating system

youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh9_Z3AOTM

2/10

4 good songs and an okay danny brown feature

wtf i hate my meme now

[spoiler]I want to fuck Noodle[/spoiler]

I like the album, the only tracks I didn't like were Sex Murder Party and Halfway to the Halfway House. as for other 7.5's i'd probably say most rhcp albums and thom yorke's solo career

>this song is not intended to be "good" or make people dance to it
>this song has a message, and once you sit down and pay attention to it
>you will stop thinking that it is a bad song
How fucking deluded do you have to be to think this way? Many of System of a Down's songs have a message to them, yet they're still very good songs. If your song is "not intended to be 'good'" but instead, just that it "has a message", your song is shit and will always be shit. I fucking hate these people
Humanz is alright. Busted and Blue is great, Saturnz Barz grew on me a bit

your answer is appreciated, taste is taste, if you more into hip hop maybe youll see why its not so good to some people

Wow, a rare and great response.

>The sky's falling, baby. Drop that ass 'fore it crash
lol yolo, so deep man, so concious man, need a special type of intelligence too vibe to this, SOAD unironically, get of of here fuking normie trash

I agree with 7. It's a good album but not amazing or anything. It has some great songs but it's very bloated and could be trimmed down and still be a good length.

I used SOAD as an example you dumb cunt
>normie
Reddit detected

>kangz
the album

>wew so patrician, Gorillaz are spiritual lyrical miracle

used one word therefore reddit? try harder nu-male

what did he mean by this?

i turned it off after 5 tracks. not my jam/10

i said get of my Sup Forums filthy casual

>responding to retards

>responding to retards

Pleb

that's a good point, i dont listen to much other hiphop besides aesop rock

A strong 6 or 7

>i hurt myself today

0/10 gorillaz album, if you can even call it that

3/10 album otherwise, just awful

8, maybe 8.5

garbage/10

6/10

totally true

>Damon barely on the album at all
Barely even feels like a Gorillaz album.

People don't wait years to hear an album that doesn't sound like the band they like.

I fucking hated the album my first listen.

I cut out 5 tracks from the standard tracklist, listened to it though, and it's amazing.

7/10 legitimately good album loaded with filler

4 or 5 maybe

nothing memorable. some nice production but songwriting is lacking. least fav gorillaz. not impressed.

Which cuts did you make?

DL link plz

this.

>inb4 Gorillaz always had features!

obvs, but there was always damon there too, it had the Gorillaz fingerprint on it

strong 6, digits confirm

Momentz
Submission
Carnival
Sex Murder Party
She's My Collar

this

thiz

Yea, like Damon is on maybe not even half of these tracks? And most of the ones he's on he's barely on them.

can we get another dubs to confirm 6

should we try 666 now?

nice

What the fuck?

STRONG 6 CONFIRMED

Someone better screencap this and post it in every Gorillaz thread from now on.

thanks god

carnival and sex murder party i can understand, but momentz and she's my collar are seriously the two best songs on the album

I just wanna say it's fucking hard as hell to match up to Demon Days and Plastic Beach. That being said, the people in this thread that are complaining about it being too political need to go back and listen to the Demon Days and Plastic Beach. Both are so political.

7/10 at first
8/10 now

fucking checkd