There are so many stories of Kurt Cobain being that kid in high school who would brag about being a famous musician one...

There are so many stories of Kurt Cobain being that kid in high school who would brag about being a famous musician one day who would kill himself violently.

Lel dreams do come true desu

Also, when he dropped his gay friend he called him a faggot and ditched him.

Courtney was more real then Kurt.

That should say a fuckton about Kurt.

I thought the story goes that his mother didn't want him hanging around the gay friend because she was homophobic.

Despite being a heavy 10/10 attractive Kurt was pretty fucking insecure about everything

Insecure about weight, personality, feelings, sexuality, guitar playing and etc.

The only thing he stopped giving a fuck about was his love life probably since he settled down with Courtney who wasn't monogamous at all

Also remind you Kurt was a kid who was a result of someone who was emotionally abused by their own mother. Look at what his mother tries pulling off in fucking montage of heck. Making up a story about how she listened to nevermind for the first time and then claimed that it was going to be a hit but there is a similar story that she said to Kurt after listening to bleach that "your gonna have to have something to fall back on"

Oh fuck I didn't even realize she made that up but you're so right. It sounded so weird.

You guys actually like Nirvana?

?

Nirvana bleach is really good idk why it just is

Although Nevermind is pretty bland In utero kinda goes back but it isn't as throat punching as bleach is in terms of being listenable

>the 'Bleach is their best album' meme

fuck off

He was supposedly a bully in middle school.

>hyper insecure kid who came from broken home and was unsure of his sexuality
not shocking, really
>nevermind is bland
>the album that sounded unlike anything prior while still wholly reminding everyone of all their influences
>oh but the one where they rip off Melvins and Scratch Acid the whole time is so raw and original
STOP

Yeah

Bleach is Kurt imitating Scratch Acid imo. For some reason everyone talks about the Melvins influencing that record, but everything, esp. his singing, is a pale imitation of Scratch Acid.

Nice bait. I can't tell if you're misquoting the book on purpose or not.

But for the rest of you, the quote is:

>At age 14, Cobain announced to a schoolmate that he would be a superstar musician, get rich and famous, kill himself and go out in a blaze of glory like Jimi Hendrix. Neither boy realised Hendrix’s death wasn’t suicide.

>Also, when he dropped his gay friend he called him a faggot and ditched him.

Gonna need a source. Wouldn't surprise me though. That would explain why he went out of his way to make those comments against homophobes and talk about how he was friends with a gay kid and that he wished he could be gay. Either he felt guilty, or was afraid the truth would come out that he was just as much of a douche bag as all the jocks he said he hated so much.

It's hard to have much respect for this guy after watching that documentary about his life. He was just an average edgy teen. Except it carried over into his adulthood as well. Those excerpts of his "poetry" were especially cringe worthy.

It's not to crazy to tell someone that. (As in, I'm sure it happens a lot).

A good portion of people who kill themselves have the thought in their head for a while. Ian Curtis apparently told his wife he had no intention of living past age 25.

I assume Kurt Cobain also had a mental illness of some form right?

Still pretty depressing.

>some form of mental illness
he was on meds for ADHD as a kid and it's pretty well assumed he suffered from bipolar disorder that his uncle killed himself from as well

Yeah he had bipolar disorder. It's what makes Nirvana is so interesting really.

I like Scratch Acid too, Bleach is like the introduction of that type of music in a kind of an odd sense.

It kinda pisses me off how short Scratch Acids catalog is because of how short their time is. Jesus Lizard helps fill that unsatisfaction though.

Melvins are good but there is so much more that I haven't went into for bands like that.

I never said Bleach was original. My 14 year old ears really enjoyed that record which led me to liking other bands that just made that music. (I'm a 17 year old nigger now)

It was on the gay nirvana reddit (yes I know). but the kid who quoted it gave the source to be 'Kurt Cobain' by Christopher Sandford'

GET OFF MY BOARD UNDERAGE NIGGER, BANNED, but bleach is nirvana's worst album normie

I remember being 19

as an european I'm actually impressed reading how much high school life and the whole "cheerlearders and jocks vs nerds and losers" is really a thing in America

like, Kurt was really into that
you guys need to chill the fuck out

I know this may be difficult for you, but sometimes people like things that you may not like. I couldn't believe it either at first

This, I can understand why so many kids want to commit suicide or go on murder sprees in america

Give it a month or two until I turn 18, then I can come back

In utero is also great. I thought Bleach was the least normie album. I wish I was a normie but im too autistic for that

That's not really true in melting pot cities, as long as there is a significant amount of people of each group .

>I'm 17
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I guess people like being labelled losers because if you become famous you get to be living example of someone who was outcasted who eventually succeeded in life

Oh,

Well rip guys it was nice knowing ya, see ya in a few months