In this Thread : We talk about Ancestry, Haplogroup, and LARPing

WHO IZ GAULZ N SHEIT HERE ?

I'm Illyro-Thracian

You're ridiculous (OP), Gauls were something like 20million how do you think the Franks replaced them ?

And its not like they were blond, they must have looked like Modern French look, i'm pretty sure that some Roman said they were brown haired or something like that.

Ammianus Marcellinus
>The Gauls are generally TALL, with white skin, BLOND HAIR and frightful and ferocious eyes. Their mood is quarrelsome and extremely arrogant. Any of them in a fight will resist several brawlers at a time with no other help than his wife's, an even more dangerous fighter. Whether calm or wrathful, the Gauls always sound threatening or irritable...

Diodorus Siculus
>The Gauls are TALL OF BODY with rippling muscles and white of skin and THEIR HAIR IS BLOND, and not only naturally so for they also make it their practice by artificial means to increase the distinguishing colour which nature has given it. For they are always washing their hair in limewater and they pull it back from the forehead to the nape of the neck, with the result that their appearance is like that of Satyrs and Pans since the treatment of their hair makes it so heavy and coarse that it differs in no respect from the mane of horses. Some of them shave the beard but others let it grow a little; and the nobles shave their cheeks but they let the moustache grow until it covers the mouth.

Caesar
>The Gauls are described as TALL and of great physical strength, with a fair skin and BLOND HAIR, which they often reddened by artificial means. Men of rank and of authority wore the hair andbeard long. The more barbarous tribes gave themselves a terrible aspect by painting hideous devices on their half-naked bodies. Their voices were rough and harsh, their words few, and their language obscure and figurative. Disparaging others, boastful of themselves, arrogant, fond of idleness, they were very quarrelsome and always ready to fight, to relieve the monotony of their existence, if for no other reason. They were, however, high-spirited and brave to utter recklessness and contempt for death.
Gauls were blond, cease LARPING

French government has a very anti-DNA stance.
They were very hesitant to allow any release of information about a haplogroup study on Viking descendants in Normandy because being Viking descended is apparently racist.

Daily reminder that the Celts were feminist matriarchal cucks who got cucked hard by the superior Romans and Germanics, ultimately being pushed to the very edges of Europe despite once covering half of the continent.

Yes

France is a blackhole when it comes to Genetic studies, and when they do haplo test about French Ancestry they include shitskins

Hopefully it is moving towards the good direction
Only Anglo Celts

French Celts were polygamous and the Husbands had the right of life and death over their household(women, sons, daughters, slaves, and so on)

Flemish-Swiss (French part of Switzerland) here. Mixed Celtic-Germanic master race.
>we wuz Gauls 'n shit
>we wuz Franks 'n shit
I'm fine with either.

They weren't "Anglo Celts", they were Britonnic Celts who got cucked by superior Anglo-Saxons.

who haplogroup E master race here

>ywn live in the timeline where the Gauls managed to fend off the Romans and form a Gallic empire
The world would be such a better place, fuck.

My ancestors come from Western France, how the fuck am I Frankish ?

One haplogroup to rule them all, perhaps?

What are you calling Western France ? Britanny ? Vendée ? Gascony ?

Anyway, French with Frankish ancestry are only from Neustria(pic related)

Brittany and Vienne/Deux-Sèvres

Brown hair, brown eyes

Fantastic representation of these threads

>Britanny
You're obviously Bretons

The Brythonic Silures were described as dark haired by the Romans.

>Deux-Sèvres
Perhaps a Roman

>Roman

sure, sure...

>You're obviously Bretons
>The Brythonic Silures were described as dark haired by the Romans

Could be worse, I guess

>tfw Europe didn't remain pagan
>tfw pre-Roman, pre-Christian cultures like the Gauls and the Dacians didn't survive

mom from aquitaine (dordogne), famly on this side are mostly short and black haired exept for my grandpa who is blond haired and blue eyed.
dad side
north mexico, tall and brown
as for me
>grey eyes
>black hair
>manlet
WHAT AM I PLZ SOMEONE HALP

Really makes you think...

From Diodorus Siculus:

"1 Adjoining Cyrnus is an island which is called Sardinia, and in size it is about the equal of Sicily and is inhabited by barbarians who bear the name of Iolaës and are thought to be descendants of the men who settled there along with Iolaüs and the Thespiadae.45 For at the time when Heracles was accomplishing his famous Labours he had many sons by the daughters of Thespius, and these Heracles dispatched to Sardinia, in accordance with a certain oracle, sending along with them a notable force composed of both Greeks and barbarians, in order to plant a colony. 2 Iolaüs, the nephew of Heracles, was in charge of the undertaking, and taking possession of the island he founded in it notable cities, and when he had divided the land into allotments he p137called the folk of the colony Iolaës after himself; and he also constructed gymnasia and temples to the gods and everything else which contributes to making happy the life of man, memorials of this remaining even to this day; since the fairest plains there derive their name from him and are called "Iolaeia," and the whole body of the people preserve to the present the name which they took from Iolaüs."

I am a Celt (plus 1/4 convict)

First of all you'll find pretty much no viking blood in normandy one bunch of guy in a region were they interbred as a mean to integrate aren't viking 2 generation after they arrived

>not latin propaganda to make beating a bunch of limp-dicked gauls seem impressive

>let's apply a modern Sup Forums-tinted perspective to a completely alien and ancient collection of cultures
please stop

>tfw pre-indo-european languages are dead

Maybe they were blond indeed, and present day French not so much, but somehow the following quote makes me feel like they were truly your ancestors:

>Disparaging others, boastful of themselves, arrogant, fond of idleness, they were very quarrelsome and always ready to fight, to relieve the monotony of their existence, if for no other reason.

Don't know if we should even acknowledge any of their "accounts" or works, t b h. Most of it was stylisation and fiction. Much of Caesar's supposed accounts were purely fantastical propaganda to be dispersed back home.

>christcucks talking about europe being christian and european countries having christian values
>christcucks love to take up the historical aspect of the bible and jesus being a historical figure
>completely ignore the fact that it all took place in the middle-east and was brought over to europe, and europe having its own religious stories, stories of their own ancestors
>all of europeans accomplishments are umbrella'd beneath christianity if you say this and not under the european people, the european individual
The Romans should have been harder on Jews and Christians.

A lot of people are like that.

kek, good post finnbro

>What is Basque