Who is the most overrated rapper in history? It's always been a toss up between tupac and eminem...

Who is the most overrated rapper in history? It's always been a toss up between tupac and eminem, it might be a bit soon to throw Kendrick in there at this point but he's definitely one of the most overrated at the moment, and it's likely only going to get worse as his career goes on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rEaPDNgUPLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2pac definitely

whos in the middle?

Probably Biggie. DUDE FLOW LMAO

Eminem
Biggie's overrated because he's dead but it's nowhere near the level of tupac. And biggie was better than tupac.

Just out of curiosity, who do all of you considered solidly rated then? Who deserves their hype?

Why kendrick lok azn tho

Jay Z. I'd say Kanye (barring MBDTF, great album but severely overrated). There's not a whole lot of really good "big" rappers.

You mean Kung Fu Kenny?

>actually one of the best flows ever
>one of the best hip hop storytellers ever; knew how to build and release tension
>never made retarded party songs
He actually has one of the highest quality-popularity ratios of any pop artist in history

>one of the best flows ever
Explain what the means and why it matters so much

>one of the best hip hop storytellers ever; knew how to build and release tension

Like?

This.

In the near future I can easily see Kendrick superseding him in overratedness though. Probably will honestly.

Nas

>never made retarded party songs
youtube.com/watch?v=rEaPDNgUPLE

Certainly. Flow = rhyme pattern + pitch of voice + volume of voice. It's the rhythmic aspect of rapping that makes it sound appealing regardless of what the words actually mean

One random biggie line that I think has great flow is "We used to fuss when the landlord dissed us / No heat, wonder why Christmas missed us / Birthdays was the worst days / Now we sip champagne when we thirsty"

Nope he's rated fairly

Suicidal Thoughts, Gimme the Loot

Kendrick is appropriately rated as the greatest rap artist of all time, with the best track record ever for a rap artist.

He's really mediocre though

Yeah like how can you not agree with this

The only other famous hip hop artists with 4+ incredibly solid albums (section.80, gkmc, tpab, damn) are outkast, DOOM (under various aliases/collabs), gang starr, the roots...ya thats probably it

>jay z
>but kendrick is overrated
that's idiotic my friend
even biggie blows jay out the water

what is this 'greatest rap song of all time' you mention?