What are some of the worst effects (CGI, practical or animated) that you have ever seen in a movie?

What are some of the worst effects (CGI, practical or animated) that you have ever seen in a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4
youtu.be/uxkr4wS7XqY?t=21s
youtube.com/watch?v=8eYnpXjo1As
youtube.com/watch?v=RoUHFrrB6Co
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally anything by studio pierrot
That's the shitty one, I think there's a worse one out there that made me crap my pants almost

everything involving the little green old lady on the swamp set in star wars 2

Fuck you the animation in that episode was god-tier

Is the gif in the OP supposed to be "bad" animation? Because that's actually pretty fluid.

Do people have no idea how style works?

He looks like fucking roadrunner you moronic tards

Shit tier animation has been on naruto since before you even knew it. All it takes is the lack of kishimotos supervision and shit like pic related happens.

The Hobbit CGI.

It looked so completely out of place at all times, even against a CG backdrop. Also the greenscreen for the characters was really obvious and bad.

Again, there's a difference between animation and art style, fampai.

The character himself looks silly but there's nothing wrong with the actual animation there. I don't know how it's supposed to look "normally" since I don't watch anime that often, but unless he's clashing with the other character or the rest of the art style in that specific moment there's nothing wrong with it.

That looks like an in-between frame which isn't exactly the same as QUALITY. Do you have it in motion?

You are handicapped if you think this is normal

>posting in-between frames

So you have no idea how animation works. Got it.

fuck bruhh... didn't need that. bottom of image was off screen and i have a gap near there because laptop

The CGI in Wolverine: Origins was shockingly bad. And no, this is not from the infamous workprint, but the final version.

He's a big guy

You really wanted me to post more didn't you? Alright, i'll bite.

Wow, that's bad. They had problems with schedule or what?

>what is a smear?

The entire segment looks like low-quality looney tunes which is supposed to depict a "serious" fight.

I just watched TFA the other night, and it bewildered me how the snow-fight made it through to release. The effects on Luke's saber are fucking horrendous.

I'm not going to defend naruto's animation since I haven't watched it but that's a single frame user, not animation.

Incredible animation often has some wacky frames in it, it's the end result that matters.

i really don't see a problem with any of this, you seem to be complaining about stylisation, not technical errors.

I'm not defending anime, but shit like that happens all the time western animation too. See You gotta have transition frames when characters are turning or moving quickly from one direction to the other. It looks silly when paused on the wrong frames, but generally looks fine during the full animation.

is that the legit cgi from the movie , 4 reaaal? Special effects teams need hire more actual physicists.

Yes, that was a single frame. I was just memeing you guys. Here's another bad animation image for OP's sake.

You're still complaining about the art style, not the animation. I don't know what's so hard about this for you to get.

If the whole episode looks like that there's literally nothing wrong with it. Yes, the character looks goofy, but the animation itself is fine.

i think the same

Now that's just straight up quality. There's no defending that.

If you legitimately think it's the same thing as and though then you're genuinely retarded.

You two are mentally defunct and have no idea what animation is. Those two naruto examples have nothing to do with art style as the art is the same as the original, the animation on the other hand is retarded.

In case you have no idea what animation is, it's the motion of the images drawn not the style of the images themselves.

Is there a link to this clip?

please stop talking about shit you don't understand. you're embarrassing yourself.
if you don't like anime that's ok but don't criticize the quality of one of the best fights in the series.

'art style' can obviously extend to animation. the way things distort and articulate is a means by which they are stylised.

That looks like royal shit.

Pfftt HAHAHAAHAHA!

who else here still watches Naruto?

get ready

ITT: Buttblasted Weebs getting BTFO

>You two are mentally defunct and have no idea what animation is
>still posting in-between frames
>still ignoring the fact that the entire episode is like this and doesn't clash at all

You just don't know what you're talking about man. Your entire argument is "it looks silly so that means the animation is bad" when there's nothing wrong with the animation at all. And while animations and art style aren't exactly the same thing, if you think there's no correlation between them I have no idea what else to say.

Your examples are still shit, man. Sorry for your failed thread OP.

I was under the impression that the rock simply walked up to Vins right, not in front of him

>You two are mentally defunct and have no idea what animation is.

>it's the motion of the images drawn not the style of the images themselves

He says while posting images and complaining about the animation of said images.

The animation itself on all the .gifs you posted is fine, there's nothing blatantly wrong with it.

Why do you have a tab for TF2 open?

>getting btfo
by who? by numbnuts who keeps posting smears and stills? kek
(you) enjoy.

>an entire episode of evidence doesn't suffice my needs

He's clearly standing next to him. In the film they aren't confronting each other here.

This is stylized you donut. The animation is actuall fluid as fuck

itt: anons being baited hard

This is easily one of the best scenes in Naruto. Actual personality to the animation rather than the usual stiff mouth flapping trash.

lawl, OP Brook looks more believable and he's a comic character

Someone post the hobbit barrel scene base cgi

Bait:The Image

Bumping to show off asshurt weebs

Except it's not a single frame. It's fucking 20 seconds of schmear shit.

yeah me too. I've seen tough guys about to fight in bars do this stuff before

glorious buthurt weaboo baby

Aztec Rex

All of it

youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4

Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla and some of the other movies, like Godzilla vs King Kong have really awful effects. I actually think that the VFX in Gojira (1954) are generally good, considering that they were pioneering new techniques.

>people legit defend naruto vs pain quality

Holy fuck kill yourselves
Watch the original Dragon ball and Dragon Ball Z

You literally have to search hard to find a single bad FRAME.

>best fight

Thats either Madara vs everyone or Obito vs Kakashi

Obito vs Kakashi is definitely one of the mos well choreographed fight in anime and the guy is a genius for making it a such shit fight from manga into top tier in the anime

>Obito vs Kakashi is definitely one of the mos well choreographed fight in anime

I agree.

>people legit defend naruto vs pain quality

There's still nothing wrong with the animation in that fight though. It looks silly, but the animation during the fight itself is fluid and flows fine. You just had goofy moments in the OP like roadrunner Pain and the part where he gets hammered down like a nail.

The episode itself just looks out of place because it's done in a completely different style than the other episodes.

Single bad frame? There's a lot of sequences of fucking lazy frames.

>Not liking the pain fight
I agree with your choices but pain vs naruto and Sasuke vs itachi are easily top 5 including madara vs everyone, obito vs kakshi, and shikimaru vs immortal man

Feel free to compare DBZ vs Naruto frame by frame.

And its not just naruto.
Pretty much any modern anime has total shit quality.

Both image/graphic and overall.

If being so cartoonish happened all the time in the show it would be fine.

Instead the consistency was all over the place.

I kind of like how the animation starts to kind of warp when they make impact. Makes it look like they got hit hard at
>Dat road runner run tho

>its just different style

No its shit quality.
Just compare DBZ from 20 fucking years go vs DBS today.

How come 20 years ago one looks 1000x better?

Shit quality isnt a style, its shit quality.

That shit is all tweener no keyframes.

>pretty much any modern anime has total shit quality
I don't entirely disagree with you as I think there was a lot of amazing stuff in the 70s, 80s and 90s, but you are being rather extreme. Immediately Redline comes to mind. Kemonozume also comes to mind, but now that I really think about it, most anime with good animation nowadays is the rare Ghibli or Makoto Shinkai production. Most anime now have awfully oversaturated colors, an inability to stay on model and really indulge in bad shortcuts (DBZ likes to use many of those same shortcuts, like speedlines, so I'm not particularly sure why you cited it as an example).

>How come 20 years ago one looks 1000x better?

Because Toei doesn't know how to spend their budget.

Either way, that has literally nothing to do with OP's example.

the force awakens makes return of the jedi despecialized look fanfuckingtastic

Why does everyone shit on this animation style?
They chose fluidity over decent looking still frames
so what?
That ugly fucking ping pong anime did the same thing but i only ever hear good things about it

Dragonball still lives today and seriously you can just compare DBZ vs DBS and you can see instantly how bad the modern one looks compared to the old.

>Why does everyone shit on this animation style?

Because, as this thread proves, most people are just looking at the still frames and not the animation itself.

"It looks silly so that means the animation is bad!"

>That ugly fucking ping pong anime did the same thing but i only ever hear good things about it

Wasn't that anime rotoscoped?

Srsly
go watch it
it's like someone doodled on a soggy napkin they used as a coaster and said, "ya this needs to be animated"

Yeah fucking great animation, they shouldve just used stick figures and a blank white background so they can make the animation even better!

What a fucking waste of trips.

idgaf about DBToriyama's out of moneyS, I'll take your word for it. I'm just saiyan that DB/Z was nothing special.

Jesus christ. Please tell me shit like this won't become common.

Dude, stop.
Naruto is definetely badly animated, stills everywhere, characters have different proportions all the time, even in the same scenes.
And while they try to make really, really, few animated battles, they try to hide laziness and cheap animation with artstyle. Which doesn't even come close to the mangaka's real work.
It's not like how OPM is animated.

Most people really don't know what good animation looks like. Shit, most people don't even understand what good coloring and shading looks like.

You're literally just saying whatever stupid bullshit pops into your head now. You're mad as fuck, man.

Here's your final (You), but for the last time art style =/= animation quality. Ugly things can still be animated well. A lot of anime in the 80s and early 90s didn't have the best art direction or designs either but were still amazing to see in motion.

youtu.be/uxkr4wS7XqY?t=21s

>Naruto is definetely badly animated

As a whole, yes. No one is saying Naruto has good animation as a series.

But the Naruto vs. Pain fight isn't an example of the series' normal quality which is why it looks so out of place.

It looks like they added the blurred and shaky facial animation to show how fast his punch is, butt it just makes him look like a retarded jelly man.

It's good animation only in the sense that it looks like he's moving.

reminds me of the dopest episodes of naruto (before I quit watching it), when naruto and sasuke fought on that lake and they got a guest animator or some shit. Is it common for anime to step up the animation for certain big fights?

Yes it is you degenerate when the animation turns the art style into something that looks horrible and looks nothing like the original.
Naruto vs pain is the perfect example for that.

Wow they made 10/10 animation while turned the characters into literal disney mutants.

No thats not fucking quality in any way.

There's a weird logical disconnect going on in the minds of people defending the animation in that episode.

It's like this is what goes through their brains:
>well made cartoonish animation often breaks forms to acheive smooth motion
>the drawings in this animation are formless blobs
>therefore this is good smooth animation

But that simply isn't the case. So maybe he thought the scene needed to be cartoonish? You can't argue that it was a good decision simply because he had some reasoning behind the idea, if the execution ends up so poor. Shingo Yamashita simply doesn't have the skill to pull off what he was trying to do. It's evident enough in the amount of people who said "that looks bad" after it aired.

Compare it, for example, with Norio Matsumoto's animation of the Naruto/Sasuke fight. Plenty of people commented on how the animation looked different for that fight. But no one said it looked laughably bad.

This frame was pretty much imperceptable in the animation itself. Wholly different to this

youtube.com/watch?v=8eYnpXjo1As

That's the point.
Naruto is fucking boring in an animated standpoint. Then crazy shit happens (like the first Naruto vs Sasuke fight), but it just feels out of place and comical. Also, the weird proportions, the deformations, it could kind of being argued to be because of their animation, but look at everything else besides their characters.
It just becomes a blurry mess, it kind of reminded me when I was a kid and tried to evoke movement to my drawings, I would just draw lines around them. It worked, but it's lazy, unimaginative and overall, of bad quality.

>cgi
>Kenshiro vs Saitama
STOP

I'd say Shingo Yamashita and Kenichi Kutsuna's work in the episode was mostly good, with the few controversial shots being reminiscent of what they did earlier in Birdy Decode. Could certain shots have been better? Sure, but a a whole the Pain episode is full of exciting action and really ambitious shots that mostly worked.

youtube.com/watch?v=RoUHFrrB6Co

Computer.

>people defending this Naruto trash
If this is good animation to you art majors then the average Looney Tunes episode must be Kino.

What movie is this?

>IM NOT A CONJUROR OF CHEAP TRICKS

This some Who Framed Roger Rabbit shit