Can we stop pretending this hack is a good voice actor for The Batman?

Can we stop pretending this hack is a good voice actor for The Batman?

Hes been shit in all the shows, movies and games.

He sounds like a fucking robot

Equally shitty of a job in The Killing Joke

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3sRPEtlG2gU
youtube.com/watch?v=Xxcp-hJJfi4
youtube.com/watch?v=T1bmM7Ihv0Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>so shit he's the batman for almost everything
yeah nice bait mate

Diedrich Bader was a better Batman, fight me

They should really get the dude who plays hawkeye. He's great.

I agree

Luke Skywalker was a mediocre The Joker as well

Conroy was great early on, but he's bizarrely hit or miss lately. Killing Joke was fucking terrible.

he is the buttman

No

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3sRPEtlG2gU

He's not bad, just really ordinary. He does the job but I've never once felt that his performance elevated a show.

his voice acting during MotP was uneven, at times awful. [completely flat] "I don't know, Alfred. I just don't know!"

Only the animation was bad in the killing joke

I think both he and Hamill had their time in SO much media, that it's time to change it up, yeah. They're classic, definitive, but it's enough. He is robotic and and old, Hamill's cool but it's the same characterization for decades at this point.

Not Bait. Do you really enjoy his flat voice. Sounds like the most unethusiastic handjob

Well to be honest, script in Arkham games doesn't even ask him for some great emotion. He's just angry and determined. In Knight he's kind of sad for Jason and he sucked at it

>He sounds like a fucking robot
I don't think you 'get' Batman, user.

Conroy was good way back. He shit nowadays. Only good Batman voice I recall lately is the guy from Under the Red Hood. Every other Batman voice has been terrible lately including the BvS robot voice.

>its okay because hes SUPPOSED to sound shitty

That's it exactly, you dense fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xxcp-hJJfi4

Michael Ironside would have been a really good Batman IMHO

What's wrong with it? I kind of wanted to watch it but now you make me not want to

You know how the source material is just a really solid one shot, short story that encapsulates the whole relationship of batman and joker perfectly?

Well let's animate it poorly and jam in a bunch of unnecessary shit to pad the run time.

unnecessary 30 minute "intro"

He was god tier in the 90s and early 2000s, but I agree, he sounds pretty bland in Arkham Knight and Killing Joke.

Sick of playing Batman for so many years most likely

They should have got Christian Bale and Heath Legder to do the voices for The Killing Joke cartoon.

That would have been fucking awesome.

They can't afford Christian Bale and Heath Ledger died years ago

Fucking how?

>Life... ah. Life finds a way
t. Malcom X

Now that someone brought it up, well', first of all, he's good. HOWEVER. Whether it's a choice made by him or whoever looks after the voice cast, he's become more and more robotic over the years. In the original animated series Batman went through all kinds of emotions, but now he comes a cross flat.

entered this thread to say this

I met him a couple years ago at Comic con, he's a really nice guy and he charged less for autographs and photos than 90% of the people there.

>implying

youtube.com/watch?v=T1bmM7Ihv0Y

I'd get him to sign the mask of the phantasm VHS that I still manage to have, despite not owning a VCR in like a decade.

The baitest bait that ever baited

I saw a really nice story in an interview once once how a homeless guy recognized his voice so he helped the guy out

I always get him confused with the guy who does optimus because Conroy sounds like convoy

Would you say it's...
Master bait...?

Nah, his voice is a good for Batman and with good voice direction his performances are great. He's basically gone on auto-pilot in the last few years however.

it's not his fault really, he's said starting with TNBA the directors all tell him to be as dull and grim and serious as possible.
funny you should mention him, because peter cullen has the same issue. everyone who grew up on him misremembers him as this imposing, utterly-serious figure, when in fact his performance back then was nuanced, colorful, human. so for shit like transformers Prime, they made him utterly wooden. forbidden to emote at all.

Kevin Conroy is an old faggot that looks like he's dying of AIDS.

He was GOAT in the 90s but his whole shtick got old around the time of Justice League. He had a good voice for Batman that actually had range and personality (especially as Bruce Wayne) but he's lost that during the 2000s. His fan base (along with Mark Hamill's) have overhyped him in the past decade. He's overrated.

I was also turned off by the guy at a Wizard World convention in 2003. I wanted him to sign one of my Kenner Batman figures but his prices were outrageous and he was a huge douche. On day 2, he actually said that he thought I was cute and asked if he could suck my dick. I was horrified at what my childhood hero really was and could never view him in a positive light ever again. The dude is a weirdo.