>oscar winner
>loving wife and children
>muh depression

fuck this guy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6PAzqBUNlCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whats he up to now anyways?

Yeah fuck him for having a mental illness. Fuck guys in wheelchairs too. Why don't they just get up and walk like the rest of us? They have legs.

Pushing up daisies

You're literally the 0.0000001%. Excuse me if I don't cry for you because you're depressed.

did someone say daisies?!

youtube.com/watch?v=6PAzqBUNlCs

Depression isn't just being sad, it's something beyond your control. I was recently depressed for a few weeks because of some medication I was taking, you can feel that you're brain chemistry has been fucking altered, it was horrible.

Yeah, fuck people with polio too. Why don't they just get up and walk?

No, fuck you. Clearly you don't understand depression.

Oh wait. This is bait. My bad.

3/10 for getting a (You) out of me.

Anyone with half a brain understands this. Idiots think being depressed is the same as being sad and you can cure it by just "not being depressed" lmao might as well make fun of a parapalegic for not walking too.

you arent a tortured artist who strives for perfection in everything you do, so youll never understand. youll never be anything greater than mediocre, op, so you'll never have to deal with personal demons. now go back to your mindless wage slaving, non artistic, safe life you fag.

It's brain chemistry right? It's dumb to get mad at him.

He could have portrayed PKD in his inevitable biopic, but nooooooo he had to fucking die.

Selfish prick.

>i recently altered my brain chemistry and as a result I got depressed! its like my brain chemistry was altered!

wow

Stop pushing this fucking lie.
People are depressed because they want to be.
If you sit around and do nothing and cry, "I'M DEPRESSED" it's your own fault.
Stop making excuses.

Why does him OD'ing on heroin upset you?

Phillip didn't ask you to cry for him he didn't ask for any help and then killed himself

I sharted

That is literally how the brain works. Wallowing in depression just causes your brain to reinforce the pathways that cause you to be depressed, improving your brain's efficiency at depressive thoughts/behavior. Same with every other emotional state, behavior, action, and thought.

Having depression =/= being depressed

Depression is a genuine mental illness.

The trouble is so many people decide they have it because they're kind of sad or just want to be miserable lazy shits.

I think part of the issue is the word depression. "Depressed" just means sad for a lot of people so there's this crossover where people who are sad decide they are depressed.

Need to work on having separate words for the illness and for people who want to be lazy and have an excuse.

What made him such a good actor, even in side roles he could outshine the main cast

He didn't commit suicide, he ODd on heroin. Because heroin is better than anything else life has to offer by a massive margin.

in many cases, that's true. some people do have chemical imbalances and can't help it.

I don't fucking know how rich successful people get depressed. Fuck them.

This. Maybe depression can get out of your control and become something totally physiological, but people consiously push themselves into that postition step by step. Just like getting drunk. Maybe you can't control yourself when you're wasted, but you're guilty for deciding to enter a bar in the first place.

Why don't you take a look in the mirror, bud

By the criteria that is used to define mental illness, any and every identifiable mental state is a mental illness.

Verifying neuroplasticity basically made the entirety of psychology obsolete. But because people make money doing it, students keep showing up to learn it, so people keep teaching it.

I love you

You are your brain. Literally every thought, action, trait, or behavior you exhibit is physiological.

he screwed up the first time he did heroin.

When roger ebert died I thought PSH would have been perfect to play him in a motion picture.

How fucking dumb are you. Regardless of all the brain chemistry shit you're ignoring, being a millionaire does not put you anywhere NEAR the even the top .1% of rich people. Do you have any idea how far $9billion, for instance, is from a few million dollars?

Because once you get out of the rat race, you're faced with an existence that is completely meaningless.

Things happen that put people in depressions. Death, loss of a job, illness, money issues etc. Nobody sits down and decides to become depressed you idiot.

whats really fun is once you have a few million dollars, you never need to work again. So the functional difference between "having enough money where interest alone can provide for all your needs" and "9 billion dollars" is zero. Less than zero.

>death
Boo fucking hoo, everyone will die so stop being a fucking bitch holy shit

>Nobody sits down and decides to become depressed

But people choose to think about existentialism all the time, though.

people are different. some people are happy just from staying afloat through hard work and perseverance, even though they're dirt poor and ugly. others strive to find motivation and a meaning in life since they don't have to care about anything anymore, and perhaps don't have any happiness. maybe they end up getting addicted to drugs as well, sinking even deeper. i can totally understand rich people wanting to kill themselves.

It's like the people that say they have "OCD", when they like to be organised. They're just anal.

So what? After a certain amount you can afford every necessity and never worry about bills and accidents. That's a massive cause of stress for most people.

>you never need to work again.
Well yeah, in purely mathematical terms. But actors aren't usually smart people. Once you own a multi-million dollar house and car and drug habit you DO need to keep working. The functional difference is huge because actual billionaires aren't retarded fuck-ups like actors are.

why are you so angry

I'm not angry, just saying

and fighting that stress is most people's reason for continuing to do anything.

Often times, people will add stress to their lives, willingly, so as to maintain a certain level of "comfortable" stress.

So, once that's gone, then what?

He died because he relapsed on heroin. Almost all heroin addicts end up relapsing. Unrelated to depression.

>Often times, people will add stress to their lives, willingly, so as to maintain a certain level of "comfortable" stress.
Kek what the fuck am I reading
Why would people purposely stress themselves out? Christ

Because without stress, life has no meaning. Its the one and only source of conflict in western life.

Its why people who don't keep working/busy tend to die within years of retirement.

An idle mind Is the devil’s playground

Once you've reached that success and no longer need for anything or anyone, you become less productive, and nothing becomes interesting anymore.
add in isolation and drugs and there you go

You fucking idiots.
Depression is a choice.

well, the fact nothing in life can ever or will ever compare to heroin is, by itself, extremely depressing. So trying to say the relapse is unrelated to depression is pretty fucking stupid.

CLOONEY IS NEXT

humans have an excess amount of intellect, more than what nature demands from us. when you don't have anything to strive for anymore in terms of survival (which is basically all we can do), when there are no obstacles left, then i can totally understand why someone would lose interest in life. existential ruts aren't easy to get out of for everyone, maybe some try to do hard drugs, hardly a good idea of someone with emotional problems and in chemical imbalance. don't think i've ever heard of someone saying heroin saved their life and helped them get through a depression when nothing else could.

Why would someone choose to put himself in a state of mind that makes them miserable and unproductive?

>hurr durr I'm depressed because I'm too smart
fuck off.

The big problem is we should be in fucking space right now. Instead we're dicking around with compound interest and smartphone.

>DUDE I'M SUCCESSFUL BUT I GOT A BAD CASE OF THE BLUES LMAO
He can go fuck himself, seriously.

Are you really asking that question on Sup Forums?

>famous actor separates from partner, then kills himself

>Stop pushing this fucking lie.
>People are depressed because they want to be.
>If you sit around and do nothing and cry, "I'M DEPRESSED" it's your own fault.
>Stop making excuses.
Stop making excuses? I just wanted to ease my arthritis, when the pills really started to kick in, not only did they make me nauseous, but suddenly all I could think about for three weeks was how much I need to kill myself. If I wasn't so acutely aware that it was the medicine causing this, I could have easily attempted to end my life. Thankfully I developed more of a tolerance to the pills and I came out of it.

Now thanks to that I know what depression feels like. If you've never felt it, you just don't know. It's not a logical sadness about whatever your circumstances are, it's way beyond that, it's oppressive, and all too easy to fall into an even more downward spiral.

When my dad died last year I got frustrated with myself because I wasn't as sad about it as TV and movies dictate most normal people should be. That paled in comparison to how I felt while I on the arthritis medicine. It's beyond simple sadness, it's fucking horrendous.

It's not a rational choice, but it's still a choice.

>Instead we're dicking around with compound interest and smartphone.
not the same user, but that is certainly a problem. we're wasting time and resources on bullshit. ironically, kind of like posting on an anime image board.

there is no need to be upset.

if you think that sucks, going on 10 years here

i don't even remember what it was like before, now i just get bouts of happiness that last a week if i'm lucky

well, I'm poor as fuck, stupid as shit, got nothing going on in my life and nothing worth living for.

I'd kill myself but I give a damn about the people around me.

Get hooked on drugs because of a hedonistic party culture, then nothing compares or it changes your brain chemistry.

He didn't choose to be sad, but he did make the choice of using drugs.

fuck space. transhumanism NOW

I'm not the one who can't handle reality.
I'm very happy in life.

I got a childhood memory back recently. Of a time when I was happy/hopeful. I just sat and cried for about an hour at the contrast between then and now.

both space and transhumanism are already a thing

guess you're just too dumb :^)

Yea, that's right, he just slipped, fell, and a syringe full of heroin just so happened to slip into his medium cubital vein

>implying the aim of transcending our fleshy regular human bodies isnt to colonize and spread throughout the far reaches of the galaxy

protip: the people you're describing that make a show out of being depressed are really just in dire need of attention, there's people out there suffering internally who kill themselves and no one ever knows why or sees it coming. Those people are depressed.

They suffer in silence and can't bring themselves to reach out for help, sometimes they do, and they manage to save themselves. Other times they ask for help and are ignored, or berated, or treatment proves ineffective etc.

it's all brain gymnastics bro, shit you can't immediately control. The kind of shit that makes you fill your pockets with heavy rocks and walk into a river. The kind of shit that makes you hang yourself from your front porch with a garden hose, etc.

?

That's a statement that provides no information. Everything is a choice. You can either play the blame game or actually try to understand why someone made a certain choice.

>the people who make a show of being depressed (read: reach out for help) aren't depressed

>the people who are depressed are the people who just kill themselves after giving no outward appearance.

Speaking of brain gymnastics...

4chanmakes people miserable and unproductive. Yet people still come here, every day.

I'd totally live my life with no stress and meaning if it means I don't have to go to work or hope I have enough money for food.

DUDE I KNOW IM RICH AND FAMOUS BUT IM SOOO SAD

you say that now, sure. but then you kill yourself.

you've never lived without stress.

making a show of it is NOT the same as reaching out for help

asking for help isn't "making a show" you insipid retard

self-pity and shit, the things people do to make other people around them feel bad, that's making a show, being spiteful, malicious, self-harm, etc.

asking for help is the first step to fixing the problem. Please, if you're going to at least argue this you could pretend to not be a literal retard, thanks.

>the people who are depressed are the people who just kill themselves after giving no outward appearance.
no, they're just the ones too scared to ask for help, or somehow think they're beyond help. probably the latter.

Sounds like you have no idea about how the brain, depression or the social aspect about humans work.

Don't talk about what you don't know kid, and stop projecting, it's clear you don't have those things he has and you think that it will make you happy if you have them. Work on it.

>hating on people with depression
are you all 12 years old?

More like Sup Forums attracts miserable and unproductive people.

And yes i've been depressed for 10 years but killing yourself is just utter pleb (unless you watched your family get tortured or something, then i can understand)

i just slug forwards day after day, i'll get there

Rich people tend to get depressed more then poor people. Poor people don't have any expectations for life because it's always been shit, so they can tough it out. Rich people are used to everything going there way and can't handle it when life doesn't revolve around them.

not per se m8

People get depressed for all kinds of reasons. You can be rich but not fulfilled. You can be poor and not fulfilled.

Money has little to do with it imo

kinda feel like it's just that rich people are more likely to get diagnosed and what not.

>ITT: bunch of whiny faggots

a person with a chemical imbalance makes irrational choices, from the standpoint of a person that does not suffer from depression or any other mental illness

anons that don't understand this get angry at why a rich man killed himself.

also, water is wet.

>bootstrapsfags at it again

related

guaranteed 200+ posts thread

miss him terribly

Quality thread.

This user is right, but it's impossible to understand the depth of depression until you have it. I am diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, recurring, and I know all about CBT but it's so hard. It's so hard to wake up and take care of my body and force myself to go outside just on the hope that I will feel better tomorrow. Even with medication and CBT I always slip back into huge depressive spirals.

Right now I haven't cleaned my bedroom in a month and I have learned to ignore the fruit flies and roaches that live with me now. It's so sick.

pics pls