Is it actually any good?

twitter feminist-core, probably blacks too

tumblr sjw-core, probably people of color too

I bet black people don't even like this album

Yes, it has a wide variety of arrangements/musical styles and it is well written. The weakest part is the lyrics which aren't so much annoying or sjw as they are just basic/amateurish. In fact the lyrical content of the album overall is pretty mild, it's just the reviews and listener base that make it seem more preachy than it is

I know some black people with basic/normie music taste who think it was the best album of the whole year

I liked the true ep a lot more, but cranes in the sky is probably her best song she's made. Worth a listen, but repeated listens were kind of difficult for me because I got tired of the race/political little skits or interlude type of things between almost every song.

There are elements to the batshit "don't touch my hair" politics that ironically made this more thoughtful than most black music

>Sup Forums would have disliked james brown, john coltrane, nina simone and bob dylan because they were the 60s equivalent of sjws
Way to be close minded

Only if you're white but want to celebrate your black womanhood.

this
it also mean that Solange is equivalent to Nina at least (and I'm totally fine with this).

>james brown
>sjw
>known for assaulting women

Sure kid, he is a saint.

How could Coltrane's music be political? I know instrumental music can be political, but jazz, especially free jazz? idk.

Regardless, those people had far more legitimate things to care about as far as social justice went in their time.

>Sup Forums would have disliked artists they already approve

James Brown was a republican.

empowering Blacks>>>>>>>>empowering women

It's good except it has lots of skits.

STOP PUTTING SKITS ON YOUR ALBUMS, PEOPLE

DUDE NARRATIVE

>why are you protesting inequality, abolitionists had far more legitimate things to care about as far as social justice went in their time.

yes
what's your point

James brown was pro Reagan and would have been based PCP negro,

No one is interested in listening to tito jackson marketed to hipsters no matter how hard the corporate music media tries to make beyakkies irrelevant sister a thing

If they don't hate them now, why would they hate them back then?
It's not like their political views changes through time

ah yes of course, I forgot that music was exactly the same 50 years ago and everyone's tastes would be exactly like they are today
what is context, after all?

It's still Sup Forums m8.

What's the point in mentioning Sup Forums, then?

regardless it's a decent album

just cuz u can't relate don't mean it's not great

people that visit Sup Forums would have disliked the artists mentioned by if they were alive at the 60s
it's not hard to understand

That's not true. If they don't dislike them today, they would've not disliked them then.

now you're just being dense on purpose

No.

Why? You really think Sup Forums is dumb enough to base their music taste on political views? If that was the case, there would be no punk threads and sonic youth wouldn't be on the essential charts.

>You really think Sup Forums is dumb enough to base their music taste on political views?
you deserve another (You) for that one

So, you are dumb enough. There's more on Sup Forums than the frontpage.