I wonder what kind of boards he would browse here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9VtfyqgiFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pol and r9k

r9k

r9k

/r9k/

He probably wouldn't browse Sup Forums because he was, yknow, actually talented and intelligent.

I feel like he'd be more of an Sup Forums guy and get lost in the waifus. /r9k/ is way too toxic.

Maybe Sup Forums for the brit and mena threads

>projecting

/adv and /mlp

>hasn't listened to a single SoundCloud or Bandcamp thread

how does that prove anything

What did his parents think of his drug use?

They probably didn't mind it since it was making him feel better.

i'm not really into dadrock or folk but there's something so intense and weird about Pink Moon, how did he do it? it's just a guitar and a voice but i feel so much more n that album

It's kino.

he fucked his shit up, he could have been so successful

/lit/ probably, and /vr/ why not

It's hard to say, but his lack of success was one of factors contributing to his worsening depression. Still, he didn't even start to get recognition until about a decade after he died. His popularity has steadily increased since then, but who knows what it would be like if he wasn't dead. Joe Boyd said that at his final recording sessions, Nick seemed very bitter and angry and asked why he wasn't rich and famous if Boyd thought he was a genius. I guess nothing was going right for him and he didn't seem to think there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

He also dropped out of Cambridge with 9 months til graduation in order to pursue his music career.

After Pink Moon had poor sales, I think he pretty much gave up music.

thanks now i feel worst

He actually intended to make a fourth album. That's what that last recording session was all about. I guess they had trouble during it due to Nick's condition and had to do multiple overdubs and whatever. I guess they didn't finish enough songs before Nick died, and they ended up getting shelved until his newfound popularity brought them new life in compilations.

Sorry user. At least you got trips.

bump for a comfy Nick Drake thread

Is that a martin d28? My Dad plays on this

sometimes i forget he was british

I don't really like his former albums, I can never get into them. Pink moon is really easy accessible pure guitar music and I love it for that. Maybe other people would've seen it the way I do and get into him from that aspect? It was vastly different from his other stuff. He should've waited (if he even did suicide on purpose).

He died a virgin, right?

Drake was a star rugby player at his 'public' school before something went wrong and he turned into this stoned singer. We should be thankful that whatever mental disorder turned him from Chad to Wojak took its time before killing him so he could go on to create the perfect music for losers in the meantime.

i fnd that hard to believe but who knows

I think so. I think Nick was confirmed to have had a martin d28, a guild m20, and a classical style yamaha guitar. He sold a few before recording Pink Moon though, which I think included the d28.

this is like proto-radiohead
>youtube.com/watch?v=o9VtfyqgiFE
i feel how to dissapear and other radiohead shit n here

It would have been a record as good as any of the others going by outtakes like Black Eyed Dog and Voice from the Mountain. Too bad.

>to create the perfect music for losers in the meantime.
Losers like Radiohead and John Mayer? Fuck off cunt

whoaa

He wasn't some popular kid. Nobody knew he was according to his peers from school. He did captain his rugby team though.

Nobody even noticed his stuff for more than a decade after his death until a song of his was featured in a car commercial, that's how much of a loser he was.

Yeah, basically this. Nick was apparently well liked, but nobody seemed to know much about him. He just kept to himself.

>Nobody even noticed his stuff for more than a decade after his death
not really i mean, Elthon John was a big fan, just like the guys from velvet underground, a lot f dad-rockers had a lot respect for him

You didn't get enough attention as a kid huh?

What are your thoughts on this? Is it him?

Who are you talking about when you mean "nobody"? The average person still has no clue who he is, same with a lot of great artists.

>tall
>handsome
>talented
>cool and distant
>not successful or famous
how... just how

/hm/

avoidance personality disorder or just plain autism

imo I think he just read too much romantic literature/poetry and it bled into his real life.

Here's a rare Nick. He's sitting in the center.

yep

maybe he was gay, that would explain a lot, i mean that wasn't so easy n the 60's - 70's

He had a girl in the north of France which he used to make road trips to. Maybe someone here can fill in the blanks on this matter.

>a black eye dog he called at my door

also he'd be super old and would likely still be figuring out facebook

>how did he do it?
cluster chords and an amazing sense of rhythm