Best character (morally at least) killed off before the show/book/story even truly starts

>best character (morally at least) killed off before the show/book/story even truly starts

why

to establish that the universe is not a fantasy land where the good guys always win

>morally
>beheads someone for telling the truth in the very first episode

That's the point.

His influence can be felt throughout the rest of the story. He raised his kids right, and they're going to eventually win. History will not remember Ned as a traitor, he'll be vindicated.

Promise me, Ned

But GOT is that

How do you know, the story isn't even over.

im george

Wow. Did you write about how Jaqen is secretly Ned in your latest reddit blog? Did you get gold?

You don't need to do that. We know he wouldn't kill Jon or Danny except near the end, and that doesn't make it unrealistic. The characters are the story. Kill the major characters, and you kill the story. It's the fundamental premise and convention of fiction that the main character must survive... otherwise there wouldn't be a story to be made. It's like the anthropic principle.

Yeah, it's a world where the bad guys always win. A cliche turned 180° is just a different cliche.

the remaining kids are shit

who cares about arya

sansa is ugly now

jon is the only good one

>lannisters
>bad

i dont care if i spelled it wrong you stupid nerd

I miss him ;__;

Makes the show feel real with real stakes.

>inb4 show is predictible
How bout you stop reading theories and well see how predictible it is for you

Dany can hardly be called a "good guy". She is at best morally questionable. She overthrows cities because they dont match her beliefs, creates war and chaos, has a lot of people executed and her entire motivation is a sense of entitlement for a throne in a land she has never even seen. A throne her father lost for burning his vassals alive

Jun Snu of tho nights wotch. (kung of north nao.)

Well, if he survived the story would be over in 2 books.

Ned reveals that Joff and Tommen are bastards born of incest. The North and Stannis join forces. Renly wouldnt dare to go grab the throne if Ned was alive. Lannisters get trampled and Stannis sits the Iron Throne, the end.

what about the spooky zomibes that are totally a threat and not filler

...right.

if the series maintained the tone established in the first season.

bitch has a god complex

And yet it will probably end with the Mother of Burgers ruling over the land.

The kingdom would be united under a king who is a capable soldier.

they couldve just kept him in the dungeons

except ned would be sent to the wall instead and his son would stop the north and go back to winterfell, stannis is still alone. it just becomes the war of 3 kings instead

Yes, but still. Robb was made king of the North after Neds death. Ned would have told him to back Stannis otherwise.

And Im not sure if Renly and the Tyrells would dare to try to claim the throne

this is the reason, but it made more sense when the story was only going to be 3 books long, now that its dragged on this long it happens too soon and feels cheaper

That's the reason the war that ensues feels so important. After that war ended, the show went to shit.

She's not good or evil, she's just a conqueror, she's pretty fucked up sometimes.

First of all, Lannisters are not bad guys, Tywin would have been a good governor, and second, not only the bad guys win in these series, not even close. It's more like reality where bad is more evident than good.

me too. :(

Because his death served as a catalyst.

Tywin pretty much is the perfect medieval lord

Ned is a fucking cunt. Yes we do mostly learn this from reflection but he was an asshole and huge fuck up.

He ran away from his duty, he just had to go back to castle back and inform the Lord Commander about what happened, instead he followed his path down to the south, Ned just acted as it was expected of someone in his role.

You guys misunderstood him. The creators of the show are the bad guys.

He was awesome, logical, and as just as a person in a position of power can be. Even in conflicts he always tried to find the way to win with the least casualties.

Yeah I dropped got 2 episodes after he died and never looked back. All of the other characters suck so I have no desire to watch anymore.

Tywin seems like a good leader nonetheless let's not forget he was the one that gave the order to the mountain for him to kill and rape Elia and her children, among other morally questionable things, he is the kind of guy that gets shit done but at the cost of sacrificing some lives.

Still Lannister have a very bad record in the "good guys" score, only Tyrion, Tommen and Myrcella could be considered lawful good, Kevan is more like a true neutral. Jaime and Tywin will do anything good or bad for themselves and their family sake so they are lawful evil, Cersei and Joffrey are plain evil. Lancel is a misfit.

He didn't order the rape though, and he himself considered what Lorch and Clegane did was too fucking far