Do highways in America have normal intersections like the area circled with red in the pic?

Do highways in America have normal intersections like the area circled with red in the pic?
I just got curious because that is unthinkable here.

Here in Brazil it is common

never heard of bridges?

there is a huge intersection on the highway where he points it out senpai

why is that unthinkable? I don't get the problem.

do you mean like this?

i don't understand the issue

Is this GTA6 or something?

GTA 5

So the term "highway" or "expressway" or whatever differs by country to country but at least here, having intersections on them is just seen as insanely dangerous because cars are constantly running at 100km/h and I thought slowing down was stupid idea on that situation, but it seems in most of the world, that's different.

Oh, is it really that small? I never played the game and thought the OP pic was just one of three islands.

Paddy is saying those roads go under the freeway and they're not interstates which is also how I'm seeing what Suzuki is calling an "intersection."

*intersections not interstates

It was originally developed for Xbox 360/PS3 so yes

Yes

GTA San Andreas was for the goddamn PS2 but still had a huge map.

Depends on the type of road, actual highways don't, but there are a lot of multi-lane express roads with relatively high speed limits that do and where bad collisions occur frequently.

Also this is the USA, I'm not talking about Germany here. Here when rural roads intersect the speed limit is 70 kph or 44 mph, and as soon as there are multiple lanes they have to have traffic lights.

Highways are the ones that connect towns and will turn into "normal" roads when they get to areas that require it, having stoplights/intersections/etc.

Freeways/interstates are only accessible via onramps and they won't have intersections

It's my understanding that the words highway, freeway, expressway and turnpike are used interchangably in different regions of the US and all mean the same thing.

GTA V map is actually much bigger than the SA one. San Andreas really feels big, but that's due to stuff like draw distance and car speed.

No, only highway is the umbrella term. Freeways are like the user above said, expressways/interstates have extra lanes, and turnpikes have a toll

The map is larger that all previous maps combined

I'll have to finish that game at some point.

No worth it

This is the real map camparison using the in game map.