80% of British people have been living there since the Ice Age 12,000 years ago

80% of British people have been living there since the Ice Age 12,000 years ago.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0719_050719_britishgene.html

inb4
>but mah celtic invasion
>but mah roman invasion
>but mah anglo-saxon invasion
>but mah norman invasion

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/science-environment-35179269
ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles
youtube.com/watch?v=AJzSswlcrCo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>celtic invasion

As an half breton cunt, I consider brits my brothers

(I'm still French tho and I bloody love France)

>Celtic Invasion

Don't worry the number will drop in few years.

The celts invaded from mainland Europe and established their own tribes, culture and government there? Are you this uneducated on your own history?

There was no one living here when the Celts arrived

One can argue no "invasion" ever took place and what you call "3rd millennium BC Celts" are actually Ice Age settlers.

>mon patrimoine

Nope

90% of the Brits are I1(coming from Nords and Danes) and R1B(coming from Celts) the remaining 10% are E/G/J(coming from Paleolithic people)

Nah.

bbc.com/news/science-environment-35179269

>DNA analysis of the Neolithic woman from Ballynahatty, near Belfast, reveals that she was most similar to modern people from Spain and Sardinia. But her ancestors ultimately came to Europe from the Middle East, where agriculture was invented.

>The males from Rathlin Island, who lived not long after metallurgy was introduced, showed a different pattern to the Neolithic woman. A third of their ancestry came from ancient sources in the Pontic Steppe - a region now spread across Russia and Ukraine.

Generally it's accepted that there were ice age settlers prior to Celtic settlement, a large pair of islands like Ireland and Britain don't just go unsettled or unnoticed for millenias

>won't be accepted in either country
>non-white for being related to both
Might as well be a mestizo

Mon hĂ©ritage, mes ancĂȘtres :)

Both of those areas are in ireland

u wot m8

>2005

At least post up to date studies about the genetics of the British Isles.

>There was no single 'Celtic' genetic group. In fact the Celtic parts of the UK (Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Cornwall) are among the most different from each other genetically. For example, the Cornish are much more similar genetically to other English groups than they are to the Welsh or the Scots.
>The majority of eastern, central and southern England is made up of a single, relatively homogeneous, genetic group with a significant DNA contribution from Anglo-Saxon migrations (10-40% of total ancestry). This settles a historical controversy in showing that the Anglo-Saxons intermarried with, rather than replaced, the existing populations.
>Many of the genetic clusters show similar locations to the tribal groupings and kingdoms around end of the 6th century, after the settlement of the Anglo-Saxons, suggesting these tribes and kingdoms may have maintained a regional identity for many centuries.
>The population in Orkney emerged as the most genetically distinct, with 25% of DNA coming from Norwegian ancestors. This shows clearly that the Norse Viking invasion (9th century) did not simply replace the indigenous Orkney population.
>The Welsh appear more similar to the earliest settlers of Britain after the last ice age than do other people in the UK.
>There are separate genetic groups in Cornwall and Devon, with a division almost exactly along the modern county boundary.
>Many of the genetic clusters show similar locations to the tribal groupings and kingdoms around end of the 6th century, after the settlement of the Anglo-Saxons, suggesting these tribes and kingdoms may have maintained a regional identity for many centuries.

ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles

I don't have a better link for the subject in my browser history. Doesn't matter anyway, Brits and Irish are the same thing basically Irish as their ancestors arrived as one from the mainland after Stonehenge was constructed.

u r very dumb
celts and indo-europeans
there were people in europe long before the indo-europeans arrived

We have to remember too what is now Great Britain was connected to mainland Europe relatively recently.

>celts and indo-europeans
celts are indo-europeans **

There used to be a land bridge.

>Brits are so terrified of being Europeans they make up wacky theories about their ancestors inbreeding in Britain for 12000 years

Sounds like your typical Finnish thread on Sup Forums, not a British one.

I watched the Coast episode about Brittany, one of the few places I would move to from here

wow...imagine how bigger France could have been...HNNNNNNNNNNNGR

>2005

It's full of degenerate leftards and SJWs, tho

Too bad

So you admit you're basically just French-German?

Napoleon would have just fucked Europe hard since there are no seas to protect the cowardly Brits

Does the Pontic-Caspian element in British and Irish genomes cause their alcohol issues?
It makes sense to me. Eastern Europeans are drunkards, Southern Europeans less so.

Indo europeans were not celts, but celts were indo europeans.

British historical literacy, people

>The Paleolithic didn't exist!

>It was just barren wasteland and then POOF! Celts! LOL

Wasnt even that long ago
we need to make britain great again

I thought Finns were meant to have the most Indo-European blood? I guess that explains their alcoholism, then :^)

The paleolithic Brits got replaced by Neolithic immigrants from Anatolia similar to Southern Europeans who in turn got replaced by Pontic-Caspian steppe descended Indo-Europeans.

Indeed. Finns alcohol problems are caused by genetics.

>I bloody love France
cringe

The Celtic languages are indigenous to the British Isles. No "replacement" ever happened.

I think you're just lonely & want someone to talk to but can't really have a normal conversation about anything so you resort to making whacked out claims in hope of responses

Hum... das deep...

Red hair came from Scandinavians raiders.

No, Stonehenge was built by Sardinian-like creatures

Disgusting

>80% of British people have been living there since the Ice Age 12,000 years ago.

Not really, most people only live to be around 70-80, and average lifespans were a bit lower back in the day.

>genetics = ethnicity

lmao oh sweet child, you have much to learn

>European mainland
They weren't islands when they were first settled. It was all the mainland.

>lol don't be silly English goy you have no identity you're not really Anglo Saxon

>Anglo Saxon
Not for the most part.

youtube.com/watch?v=AJzSswlcrCo

Did they fuck?

The Anglo-Saxons would have been very similar to what is labeled "Germany", "Belgium", "Denmark" and "Norway" so that map doesn't really say much.

THIS

(((They))) use the the same tactics in EVERY COUNTRIES it is called Demotivation

They do so to destroy the vitality of a people by claiming that they aren't linked to their ancestors and lands to create an apatrid unpatriotic race

WE LITERALLY WAZ

>The majority of eastern, central and southern England is made up of a single, relatively homogeneous, genetic group with a significant DNA contribution from Anglo-Saxon migrations (10-40% of total ancestry). This settles a historical controversy in showing that the Anglo-Saxons intermarried with, rather than replaced, the existing populations.

>The celts invaded from mainland Europe and established their own tribes, culture and government there? Are you this uneducated on your own history?

The Celts were a cultural movement more than a people movement

>10-40%
In most places it's >35% and that's a significant amount when you consider that the other 60-70% isn't only Celtic, but also largely Scandinavian and Continental European. So while Anglo-Saxon admixture might not be the absolute majority, it's still the relative majority.

Wow. Talk about an aging population. 80% of people are old enough to have lived in the ice age?