What's up Sup Forums, I've seen some of these similar threads b4 so I might as well try to make one and ask for advice

What's up Sup Forums, I've seen some of these similar threads b4 so I might as well try to make one and ask for advice
Recently I got sued by bank of america for not paying my 2-3 years old credit card, the debt isn't monumentally big (2700 dollars) but I'm unemployed so I can't really pay them (or you could say not wanting to too).
So I've been doing some researching around and know the best course of action is hiring a lawyer but since im broke as fuck, I'm trying to find other alternative ways to solve this problem. Some people say you can just let it go to default since I don't really own anything expensive to my name so they won't have anything to take away from me anyway, but that doesn't sound like a good idea for the future.
I know I have to make a response to the court to avoid a default judgement, but I'm not so sure what gonna happen next after that, which is what im hesitate to write a response on my own and thinking of just hiring a lawyer.
Anybody who has experience from that can share your stories or give some advice?

Also not sure if this helped but I really didn't expect BoA themselves to do the suing since im pretty sure they sold my information to a debt collection agency which is why i ignore them in the first place.

Option 1: Take in several Syrian kids, after a few weeks, kill them, harvest their organs and sell them on the black market.

Option 2: Buy a cheap van, retro-fit it with solar panels, go out to the wilds and live off the land.

Options 3: Become a Jew.

Option 4: Do a tiger kidnapping. And no that doesn't mean stealing a big cat, but kidnap a banker's family, & threaten him that you'll kill them if he doesn't get you the money you need.

well at least i got a reply, nice dubs

Ask them to settle the debt they will often take less then what you owe but get it in writting and keep the paperwork forever

I owe waaaaay more than you do and I don't do anything at all about the threats or servicing the debts. I don't have any contact with the original creditors or the debt collectors they've sold them to.

Fuck em

QUESTION: Renee has $29,000 in credit card debt. She enrolled in a debt settlement program, which told her they can bring that total down to $14,000. She is paying them $430 a month and has paid a total of $3,000. Her husband brings home $50,000 and they have 4 kids. Dave explains to her that she can do much better than this company is in settling the debt.

ANSWER: One of the top areas of financial things that are complained about to the Federal Trade Commission as being a scam is debt settlement companies. They are hugely unethical. There are legit ones, but as a group, they are bad. All their fees come up front. You’ll pay them thousands in fees before they do anything. They’ve told you not to pay your bills and that totally destroys your credit. The credit card companies will settle with someone who is months late because they think they won’t get paid.

The problem has been that they collect their fees up front, and then go along like that, and they won’t return your calls. They don’t put forth the effort that you will in settling your debt. You’ve paid $3,000 and that would go a long way in settling your $29,000 in debt. Get out of the program and do this yourself.

Pile up as much cash as you can to attack your first credit card before you call them and settle. They usually settle with something that old for 25 cents to 50 cents on the dollar. Get an offer from a debt settlement agency in writing and don’t give them electronic access to your checking account. If you get sued, don’t ignore a lawsuit. Your odds of being sued if you are talking to them and working with them is very low.

Don't listen to this fucking jew.

DON'T PAY YOUR DEBTS

quit being a nigger and pay your bills. get a fucking job you fucking leech. even if you get a lawyer your still going to owe money to the bank its not just going to go away. you borrowed money and signed a legal contract promising to repay. its not a murder trial guilty or not guilty. you are guilty already man.

well, that was my initial reaction since i have fuck all to pay them even if they win
but i just fear of problems in the future when i find a job they gonna just come and harass or take my stuff away

nope they won't. you don't owe enough to be worth chasing in the grand scheme of things. make it difficult for them and they'll go away.

>even if you get a lawyer your still going to owe money to the bank its not just going to go away

Shut the fuck up you dumb cunt, OP can just filed for bankruptcy and it will go away

wouldnt it be Jewish to NOT pay your debts?

Haha 'murica! Fucking fag, just get off the grid and live in the sewer

Op can just forget all about it and it will go away
No, jews own the debt

> make it difficult for them
What do you mean by this? Just try and avoid all the contact, atm I already got the complaint served so I can't really avoid it. But like I said b4, the house im living in isn't mine, the car i have isn't on my name, virtually i have nothing on my name. I just afraid that they gonna try and fuck with me later when i have a job or come to the house and asking questions

bankruptcy is fucking awful.

OP do not listen to these other jokers who are telling you to default or declare bankruptcy. it will fuck your life for years to come. Decades even. how do you get money now? unemployment? theyll garnish those eventually. future employment will be a pain in the ass

Why should employers care if you were bankrupt at one point?.. I mean bankrupcy should be avoided, but employers?

Not sure about the US but in the UK I got taken to court about a debt from HSBC.

Before I went there I filled out an expenditure form and offered to pay them 5 quid a month. I never paid them anything and haven't heard anything from them since.

Maybe I've just been lucky but I just changed my address, phone number, job and bank and I haven't heard from any creditors in over 5 years and I owe about 20k total across creditors.

I work and nothing gets taken off my wages.

All of my debts however were unsecured, which matters quite a lot. At this point I will deny knowledge of any debts and see where that gets me but tbh after another 12 months I'm free and clear anyway.

Yeah it is pretty weird in the US, I can understand if you are getting in the job of financials, but still it is pretty stupid

Well yeah, I also know a dude who racked up like couple of CC which total to more than 20K+ and he also got away with that by just avoiding them for a long ass time.

Honestly the one thing surprised me the most is they sold my information and debt to another collector, and I ignore them since technically i never had any business with them, but now the original debt owner is suing me

Option 1, enough sandniggers to go aroind