What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mqaD2QAPaLk
youtu.be/9qnRzCWFgd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He gave Kid A the D

It's as good as 21 pilots

It's weird, it's thematically the same album as The Modern Dance with tons of "bangers" like The Modern Dance yet he gave it a 6.5 and TMD a 10.0

he gave the modern dance a 9, he has never given a 10

anyway, this is another example of Scaruffi punishing artists for being "overrated", it's clearly a 7 or 7.5 (in scaruffi's rating system) but he wants to make it clear that the critics "got it wrong" on radiohead so he does this

>it's thematically the same album as The Modern Dance
not even remotely close lol
anyway following your logic one could make the case this is just a carbon copy of another band then

nah kid a is genuinely trash

I TRIED SO HARD

AND GOT SO FAR

reminder that piero scaruffi likes nu metal

seems about right

vol 3 was genuinely good.

>not getting Kid A

how much of a pleb are you

i get kid a its still mediocre for both electronic and rock standards

Alanis Morisette is rated higher than your favorite album.

not the same user, but it kind of works the other way round actually.

only plebs think Kid A is something worth 'getting', or genuinely feel some sort of superiority when they do 'get it'.

sad

>I only listen to true innovative music, Beefgeart, Korn, the list goes on

you know scaruffi reviewed more stuff than that right
stuff that people talk about on Sup Forums occasionally but you fags dismiss or ignore

because its not trying to suit any of those standards?

I dont feel superior. its an incredibly well crafted album that merges genres like ambient, IDM, and jazz into art rock and makes them accessible, memorable and cathartic. if you cant get into it its your loss user, you are missing out.

I am secure enough to acknowledge that Jagged Little Pill is better than my favorite album it's a 90s-core classic

why do you radiohead fans always go for that argument? "the album isn't going for that/those standards" ofc it is i'm the one doing that comparison. im the listener. i've listened to tons of albums and seeing the things i've listened to so far radiohead is mediocre. period. why the fuck would you insist its "memorable" or whatever, its the most "meh" band out there, one can obviously see that by seeing the bands that were influenced by them like muse

it actually isn't

so I go to Sup Forums again because a friend tells me it's not all like Sup Forums so I start with Sup Forums

ouch bye forever you guys make my brain hurt

assuming you're the person i've replied to so far, you're really just dumb

Yeah, i meant 9.0

Yes, actually very similar.

The Modern Dance is one of my favorites. Kid A has the same exhausted and insane vocals and lyrics of Pere Ubu's first 4 albums.

In fact, I think you could say OK Computer is just a failed attempt at making The Modern Dance in the style of late Pink Floyd.

>Kid A has the same exhausted and insane vocals
is this bait

Obviously not David Thomas tier
It's either monotone and bored or in panic:
youtu.be/mqaD2QAPaLk

I fucking hate Scaruffi drones

>this actually happened
my god thom looks like a fukin idiot
also that's hardly at the same deranged level as david thomas's singing, i don't know what you're saying

You can't tell me that SNL performance doesn't remind you of this:

youtu.be/9qnRzCWFgd4

if you dont think its good like me and so many other people is because you dont get it. not as in "you haven't listened to enough music to get it" but simply as that its not for you.

>its the most "meh" band out there, one can obviously see that by seeing the bands that were influenced by them like muse
this is how I can tell you are bitter for not being able to relate to something so many people can enjoy. aphex twin influenced skrillex so by your logic aphex twin should also be "meh" right?

aphex twin is pretty meh too yeah but that's not really the reason why
you fanboys are fukin idiots

i'd say no but i get why you think that's a big reference
i mean thomas looks like he's genuinely crazy
thom looks like he's just doing a classic routine of paranoia that a bunch of bands before him have already done imho

also
>if you dont think its good like me and so many other people is because you dont get it
>people genuinely believe this
yeah i don't like buttrock either must be that i can't get it

I can see your reading comprehension is pretty bad

how am I an idiot? im giving you good arguments on why I think they're good and you can't do anything but throw insults and be condescending.

>aphex twin is pretty meh too yeah
well, thats another pretty bad opinion. i'm sorry you can't enjoy such great things user. godspeed.

Besides the point that David Thomas is obviously the better frontman, my point still is that Scaruffi loves post-punk exhibiting mental illness and absurdity induced by modern living. He has Kafka's The Trial as the greatest book ever written. Kid A is basically Y and The Modern Dance but incorporating bleep instead of Tribal drums and garage rock. The only reason people dislike it is because it's mainstream.

i genuinely don't think kid a is as much about paranoia and post-industrialism like those post-punk bands but more about just a more accepting phase of man faced with society and whatnot but that's just me

ok bye

How is Kid A in any way similar to The Modern Dance?

I'm really curious