So is this show any good Sup Forums?

So is this show any good Sup Forums?

Looking for another lightweight animation to watch, if not this any other recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/videos/streams/the-venture-bros
youtube.com/watch?v=n0GtD5UfX2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rick and morty is a better version of venture bros in my opinion, Sup Forums be damned

It's a great show and becomes it's own world, just sucks how long that later seasons are taking to be made

yea. it is great. my biggest problem with it was how long it was between seasons. then i stopped watching all around when they started to do that mid season break shit.

you have autism.
you are a tripfag so it makes sense.

>venture bros
>light

It's very heavy on continuity and you'll need to pay attention to know what's going on so it's not something you can leave on as background noise

Oh and the stuff like the christmas special and the shallow gravy behind the music are also canon and everything needs to be watched in order
Also the 1st season is probably the weakest one

It declines at some point in later seasons, but you'll have gotten your fair share of feels and entertainment out of it.

Venture Bros is great. Awesome side characters and back stories, pop culture/music references. The characters age and aren't suspended in time like most cartoons.

your opinion is so shit you really should kill yourself

Venture Bros is excellent user, I think even better if you're older (some references will go over your head is you're a teen, unless you're well versed in 70s/80s music/film/tv,)

But you have to watch it in order, it's a continuous story, characters evolve, personalities and appearances change as seasons progress, so that some characters are VERY different in the last season compared to the first. there are also a ton of running gags and returning characters and references to things that happened in earlier episodes/seasons that you won't get if you watch it out of order.

tl;dr its my favorite animated show and i highly recommend it.

it's fuckin hilarious but once they weren't making new episodes for like a year i checked out. what was that, season 4?

The first two seasons are great but it kind of starts to decline after that. Not bad really, but it starts sacrificing humor for worldbuilding and character development. The quality eventually rises back up at Season 6, though.

I'd say overall it's worth watching, if only because there's no other show like it. The only truly bad portion of the show is the first half of Season 4 which is basically one long pedophile joke that's never funny

> declines in later seasons

wew lad, i have to disagree. only low point to me was sargent hatred's increased air time, but that was remedied once the creator's finally got it through their heads that people don't like him much

One episode per month of writing (claimed). Each creator gets half the episodes. Then they record the episodes before they get animated. That's why it takes so long.

It's a great show. It also saddens me that they wasted their few episodes on some really awful crap.

there have been 6 seasons so far.

one year between season 1 and 2

two years between season 2 and 3

one year between season 3 and 4, but 4 was divided into two halves, so there was a six month gap between the first half of 4 and the last half

THREE years between season 4 and 5

and two years between season 5 and 6.

they are currently working on season 7 but there is no date set for it, my guess is that it will be two years at the very least. season 6 just aired this feb so its really recent.

you can basically stop watching after the season 4 finale, i feel like it hasn't been as good ever since then

this shit right here is what made me stop watching.
dividing s4 is what killed the show for me.

ill pick it all up on blu ray when it is all finished.

its so good that adult swim has a dedicated 24/7 stream that goes through all the seasons

adultswim.com/videos/streams/the-venture-bros

its only good if you've seen them all because chances are its going to be in the middle of a random season when yo tune into it. but they have great rewatch value, i can watch them over and over and still notice something new.

>Also the 1st season is probably the weakest one

This is what makes this show so hard to get friends into. Since you have to watch in order to understand what's going on, you have to get over the hump of a slow first season, and this turns a lot of people off from it entirely.

It's a great show. It's funny and interesting in a weird sort of way.

The show is a lot more enjoyable for oldfags who are familiar with Johnny Quest I think.

Honestly one of the most rewarding series to watch all the way through. There's so much backstory/lore/continuity, and that makes it infinitely rewatchable. You'll fall in love with these characters, user, and you'll be laughing all the way.

Fuck has it really been that long? The last season I watched was 4 and it feels like it only came out a year ago. Time keeps moving faster the older I get, I wish I could just reset my life.

Unless you grew up with classic johnny quest. It fit in pretty well with that old adult swim asthetic of repurposing whatever hanna barbera properties they had.

You mean Action Johnny right

>R&m better than venture bros
Nigga you srs?
Venture bros has a better character development than r&m and a better story.
Also venture bros did a better job with the bros finding out that their dad fucked up so much he had to clone them because they kept dying on missions than r&m's burying their alternate selves and taking their place
That was some A+ shit taste user, apply yourself.

Johnny quest is the show that it's modeled after. Action Johnny is the in show stand in for Johnny Quest.

I'm old enough to actually remember watching the reboot of that show. My dad watched the original in the '60s.

I know that, Action Johnny was also literally Johnny Quest in his first appearance but they had to change it after a Johnny Quest reboot was being planned
I was just making a reference you autist

Agreed
R&M is fun, but Venture Bros is true kino.

One of the best examples of Worldbuilding you can name.

Really?

Rick and Morty feels more repetitive and episodic than Venture Bros.

Phantom limb > Mr poppy butthole
You know what?
Every side character > r&m side characters
Even brick frog.
[Spoiler]Mr meseeks is bretty cool though[/spoiler]

2> 6> 3> 1> 4> 5
In short, I agree but the latest season knocked it out of the park.

I'm pretty sure the original was still being aired in syndication, at least where I'm from well into the mid 80s. I've only have vague recollections of watching it with older siblings along with the herculoids and the original space ghost etc. I wasn't even aware there was a reboot desu senpaitachi.
Oh well, my apologies in that case. 100% right on the autism accusation.

actually the reason they had to rename him was because hanabarbara flipped when they find out they made johnny into a drug addict. prior to this they were really lenient in what people did with their characters, after that... well, have you noticed how all the shows that used hanabarbara characters died off? they got a lot more strict.

This is pretty much what has to happen if you want to keep control over your animated series. Simpsons can afford to spend millions to get their shows pushed out of animation houses quickly, and South Park has an easily animated style, but Venture Brothers just has to take forever with only a small number of animators making the show.

>rebellious youth, likes exciting shit, not an academic like father, lots of money, famous

Sad thing is I can definitely see Johnny becoming a drug addict in the future almost like a male Paris Hilton or something.

> 4 ranked that low

nigga are you completely forgetting about "everybody comes to hank's" and "handsome ransom"??? they got fucking kevin conroy to voice captain sunshine, come on now.

and detective noir hank is GOAT. its seriously my favorite episode.

>a trip faggot
>thinks his opinion matter

fuck off

First season is the worst?

Is it just a case of the humor not being nailed down yet?

i think you misunderstood me user. i was saying that season 4 was the best season and the peak of the series and it's been downhill since. i can't agree with your ranking, but whatever.

Pretty much, the characters aren't fleshed out enough either and Hank and Dean are pretty annoying
It does start to pick up near the end of the season, I would say around the time Dr Orpheus shows up they hit their stride

Not really, it's more that the animation and voice work are a little clunky, like some comedic pauses go on and some shots hold on still frames with no animation for a bit too long, to the point where it can be a bit dull at times
S2 is when they both get in the hang of making everything work smoothly, and the continuity begins to develop beyond an episodic format

The show starts being GOAT when the introduce The Sovereign.
Who's just David Bowie.
youtube.com/watch?v=n0GtD5UfX2k

This.
I would put detective Hank over any episode of rick and Morty even ricksty minutes or whatever the name of the episode is with the alternate reality TV shows.

Does anyone know where I can watch the season 6 finale?

OP no ones mentioned it but if you watch it make sure to sit through the credits, there's a scene at the end of every episode

great show, but they take forever between seasons

primewire ag/tv-11198-The-Venture-Bros/season-6-episode-8

Was it another half season with the rest coming later or was it really just an 8 episode season

wew

IIRC it was a shorter season due to the Gargantua 2 special. I thought I read we were getting two specials this season, but I haven't heard anything about another as of yet.

It's good but there's way too much time in between seasons.

The show's gonna be 20 years old soon and it's only gonna have 7 or 8 seasons by then max

>8 years from now is soon