Can you spot the difference between the two rappers in this image?

Can you spot the difference between the two rappers in this image?

One is a talented, authentic, and unaffected artist who puts his very soul into the music he creates while at the same time self-innovating and generating soundscapes which evoke the very spirit of a generation.

The other is Kendrick Lamar

bait

true pham

who cares they both sold out

who cares?

Rap is a joke. Anybody who takes rap seriously should not be taken seriously.

>who cares they both sold out

>Rap is a joke. Anybody who takes rap seriously should not be taken seriously.

>Yeezus changed my life

I love it when people repost my posts. I purposefully format them as subtle copypastas so I'm happy when they catch on.

you're right tho. kendrick is trash, u is his only good song

>muh talking niggers

>An entire genre of music is completely worthless

This debate is so fucking pointless it triggers my revolutionary war PTSD flash backs every time i see it

Kendrick is a RAPPER. He can rap probably twice as good as Kanye with huge layers of meaning. He also raps over straight jazz to modern day trap.

Kanye is an ARTIST. He started off with production and picked up rap because he wanted to hold the mic. He is pretty conceptual and egotistic in his music, but not really in meaning.

Btw, I like both a lot

*but not really in rapping

Kendrick just made trendy music in a better way and ironically he made it into some of his best work yet.

I mean Kanye was key in reinventing hip hop in the mid-00s, effectively killing the third gangsta era (ushered in by the Chronic 01) in 2007 when Graduation out sold some stupid bad 50 Cent album.
But that's not to say he's the voice of a generation, merely a key character.
He, like the Beatles, will be remembered for thier cultural contributions and not as much for thier music, which aged fairly poorly.
Kendrick, although GKMC and TPAB are great albums, they're still just 90s circlejerk albums and are far from cutting edge. Timeless yet reminicent, but no more than that.

what about UU or DAMN.? I think UU is really original and his best

t. contrarian

kendrick has dropped nothing of value in his entire life

kanye won't be remembered 5 years from now

the only artist nowadays doing anything interesting is grimes.

please let this be bait for the love of god

>kanye won't be remembered 5 years from
This some shitty yet im still replying anyway. I hate myself

if i had that image about people not liking jesus because he spoke the truth i'd post it right now

kanye hasn't done anything that warrants being remembered, and he won't be remembered because of it. all his music solely relies on shock factor. kendrick relies on politics to remain relevant, and when not using the politics shtick he makes generic rap music using whatever tropes are currently popular.

Kanye's music has nothing to do with shock factor

Kendrick's Untitled Unmastered has nothing to do with politics

You think Grimes makes anything more than shitty 80s circle jerks. Fucking off yourself

Not even mad cause kanye is a legend

The College Dropout is a classic
Late Registration is a classic
MBDTF is a classic
Yeezus is a classic
not to mention all the classics he has produced

Kanye will definitely be remember years from now. It's sad that shitting on him is such a meme. He really is a very talented artist. Once he dies people will come to realize how much of an actual genius he is.

>huge layers of meaning

>I mean Kanye was key in reinventing hip hop in the mid-00s, effectively killing the third gangsta era (ushered in by the Chronic 01) in 2007 when Graduation out sold some stupid bad 50 Cent album.

Kanye didn't really kill gangsta rap, he outsold a gangsta rap album, but gangsta rap still is and was prevalent.
There wasn't a huge wave of good new rappers with personal and emotional lyrics.

No there was a huge wave of rappers like Childish Gambino, because for the first time it was trendy for rappers to be soft.

There was a wave, but it wasn't huge.
All Drake does is sing about relationships and even he started talking about selling drugs by his third or fourth album.
Even Cudi sings more than he raps, more R&B than hip-hop.

i saw another thread with the same op as this one yesterday