Can we get a Cocteau Twins appreciation thread going?

Can we get a Cocteau Twins appreciation thread going?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jIfC4q5LlKA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lorelei

>will never get another dream pop album as good as this

it still hurts

Victorialand underrated

Frankly, its depressing.
>tfw no one uses acoustic reverb and layering anymore

>You, yourself, and your father don't know
>So art in your own ways
>You're really own bone setters
>Thank you for mending me babies

How does they write this stuff? Incredible.

BBK is secretly their best album

This shit sounds like fucking Enya. Do you goobers actually listen to this shit? lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=jIfC4q5LlKA

DAH DOW DA DOW DA DOW WHOAaaa

their best album actually. I wish i could get the LP ;_;

I love that they created Shoegaze along with The Jesus and Mary Chain. Head over Heels was a shoegaze album 8 years before Loveless.

final
three
albums
are
their
best
!!!

just go to the share thread archives and download it.

No

Meh. You could argue Four Calendar Cafe, but not Milk and Kisses

How can you like FCC but not Milk & Kisses?

Does any other dream pop come close? Honestly.

I feel like there's more passion I in FCC. M&K feels rushed and generic.
>Both are solid records but nothing compared to their other albums.

I realize it's the pleb choice but I genuinely think Beach House is the next best thing. They can get kinda generic at times but probably the most consistent outside of CT

There's nothing wrong with Enya.

FCC is solid. Milk & Kisses is whack.

honestly i just shouted those were their best 3 albums in case anyone else thought the same but really i cant fault anyone who thinks otherwise because its just a different type of sound, and people seek different things. but mk is on par with fcc, and both very close to holv, at least to my taste. i cannot imagine calling mk uninspired when it has serpenskirt, rikean heart, and treasure hunting. just sublime stuff. all three on my top 10 of all time, give them another spin when you can!

proto-Grimes

No, honestly, fuck this band.

All throughout my teenage years I listened to them obsessively. Into my twenties. Was a total gothed-out faggot, loving this shit and Dead Can Dance and Switchblade Symphony and all that shit.

Couldn't find another single human being on the planet who liked any of that shit. Realized I was a loser and retreated into isolation. Drank gin and listened to my weird gothic music on my own.

Finally, at age 36, I meet a 40 year old woman who is obsessed with the same shit, particularly the Cocteau Twins. Most particularly "Ivo," my favorite song by them as well.

At first I think, "Oh my God, where have you been all my life?" .. But then I really start to think about it. Marry her, have a kid, still think about it.

When she was a teen/twenties she was really fucking cute and into this shit. I was a few years younger, but into this shit as well. And Haujobb, Front Line Assembly, Alien Sex Fiend.. all of it.

Yet we were a 1000 miles away. And she was fucking douchebags that were into Korn and Limp Bizkit. Real pieces of shit. And here we are.. she so beautiful and perfect, me with my weird jealousy. I just wish I had been there instead of them.

lol fucking faggot no one cares

hey man. the past is like the past, got me? so like, just chill out hombre.

ivo, ivo, ivo, POMPADOUR!!!

>This shit sounds like fucking Enya

one thing you can never say is that you haven't been told

Victorialand is their very best and you all know it

How to sing like Liz and not throw up?

It is. Easily the dreamiest of their albums, lack of percussion did wonders for their atmosphere.

I've always thought FCC was soundly their worst and even M&K was effortlessly better. Violaine alone beats the near entirety of FCC for me, let alone Serpentskirt and Treasure Hiding.

Are any of the solo/other works by the band worth checking out?