Kangz general

Who do you think is the most talented modern day rapper? My pick is pic related. Also general rap chat

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9e3ImlJ6uSA
youtube.com/watch?v=E7Wjn8jRWVw
okayplayer.com/news/freddie-gibbs-on-the-pinata-follow-up.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Earl is my favorite but Kendrick is the most talented.

I'd go with Danny Brown.

It's tied between these two for me. They both have their own sound that's more interesting than what most other rappers are doing right now.

Vince Staples, Summertime '06 is AOTD

J. Cole

I wouldn't call it AOTD, but vince is definitely top 3 for me

I agree. They're both trying to put out a new sound and their flow, writing and choice of beats are always phenomenal.

>Warhols all on the wall of the villa
>Adderall popping got me jumping to ceiling

XXX is one of the best rap albums of 2010's

youtube.com/watch?v=9e3ImlJ6uSA
kangz

I hate how we could have had another great Freddie Gibbs album by now, but instead we got You Only Live 2wice which was just ok.

It's completely understandable though and I can't really fault him for it. Pisses me off how some random hoes can accuse him of shit he never did and steal a year away from him like that.

I've seen worse rappers get off easy from worse charges in a shorter amount of time. It's fucking ridiculous how one idiotic woman can nearly fuck a dude's life up by virtue of him being famous and her wanting to feel "important". Glad he's out.

just watching this is like pic related
they just keep getting wilder and wilder

I can agree with gangster Gibbs being the greatest rapper in the game right now.

Semi-related, very worth a watch. The audio starts out kinda low but it gets better later on.
youtube.com/watch?v=E7Wjn8jRWVw

The man of our generation, Lil Boom

I don't think I could pick a favorite but Gibbs is definitely up there

I think he just wanted to get something out to the fans while also trying to make some quick cash. He did lose 56k because of that shit. Stories like his scare me. Same shit happened to Patrice O'neal when he was younger if I remember correctly.

So long as Yeezy is an ongoing artist it's him

Yeezy isn't a "modern day rapper" though, he's been in the spotlight for over a decade

Kanye is a great artist, but not a great rapper.

Bandana when?

In 3 years

You better be lying

Thuggin got released in 2011, Pinata in 2014. It's not that unreasonable

It's pretty fucked up how rape accusations work in our modern society, it's takes no proof just a woman's word vs the man she's accusing. Out of all the rappers I can think of off the top of my head 2Pac probably got it the worst. They had no evidence against him, no semen sample, the women who accused him even admitted they'd had consensual sex, and it was even said she'd blown him on the dance floor at the club earlier in the night yet he still got slapped with a 1-4 year rape charge.

he's not a kang

Blue Chips 1 and 2 were god tier but Mr. Wonderful was disappointing.

Even better then

Ayy

>I hate how we could have had another great Freddie Gibbs album by now, but instead we got You Only Live 2wice which was just ok.

He's still got that new Madlib project in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if we get that one as well before the end of the year.

That new project will be 10/10 btw. Just know.

Freddie said he ready to drop it

me tbqh

Gibbs and Earl. I was saying Joey Bada$$ till recently because of his raw talent and expecting him to finally channel it into something great (beyond just really good rapping in pretty oldschool sounding shit). Then AABA came and fucked that up huh.

Yeah gibbs has been teasing for that project

okayplayer.com/news/freddie-gibbs-on-the-pinata-follow-up.html

DJ Akademiks chat nigga detected.

the album was shit because Madlib wasn't involved, he's never going to top Pinata on his own

>Then AABA came and fucked that up huh.

biggest let down of the year so far

pains to say

Maybe rap album of the decade, and even that's a stretch. Nowhere near album of the decade overall.

I disagree, Shadow of a Doubt is my favorite Gibbs album and ESGN is also pretty solid.

Here's my current progress on my hip hop chart.

That's a pretty fun way to go about it. Curious to see what your result for 94 is, there's so many amazing records that year. Chart is for some reason missing smif n wessun's dah shinin on 1995, could easily replace no man's land or on the top of the world

It was a group made chart so I wouldn't be surprised if an album or two was missing.

I just put on Buhloone

My favorite modern/contemporary rappers list is p generic but:

Billy Woods
Elucid
Milo
Danny Brown

I never understand why Life After Death ends up on these so much. Such a fucking mess of an album. Hell if we're talking double albums from 97 I enjoy R U Still Down more and it's just a posthumous collection of songs.

>I enjoy R U Still Down
>An album by tupac
>while disliking the Biggie album.

Disgusting opinions

>Who?
>Literally who?
>awful
>great

Nah it's not like that, Ready to Die is an amazing album. Life After Death is such a huge disappointment of a followup that's full of filler.

RUSD was the only other double disc album I could think of from that year and to top it off the quality of songs id higher in my opinion even though it's essential an album of scraps.

I would pick someone obvious like Kendrick, MC Ride, Danny Brown or Joey Bada$$ but I'll right now I have to pick either Ritchie With A T or Steppa J. Groggs from Injury Reserve. Both are pretty good lyricists with great hooks, suprisingly fantastic singing voices and tight flows. If you haven't listened to them do yourself a favour and give both Live From The Dentist Office and FLOSS a try. It probably helps that their producer has to be one of my favourites right now. Just a warning if you're from Sup Forums make sure to skip the 2016 interlude if you're listening to FLOSS.

Nice, seriously though if you've not heard it before add dah shinin' to your list. It's as brooklyn as hiphop goes, more or less the essence of timbs and hoods, and amazing production. And now that you mention it yeah I recall seeing the thread where people were making the 00s chart

The picks for the chart itself are pretty much set but I might give that a listen some time afterwards.

The threads making the charts were a lot of fun though.

Because you enjoyed AABA then? Don't get me wrong, I find it to be a very pleasant albums, with some stand out songs, but it was not really anything groundbreaking, nor did it show anything particulary impressive from Joey both in terms of lyrical/technique level as on hardknock and paper trial$, or just purge energy on christ conscious, etc.

I think he tried to reach a more mainstream audience with this album, and it's fair enough, but I think he mainly managed to alienate a lot of the people who were fans of 1999/summer knights/b4da$$, while still making pretty bad sales. And the fact that he is saying he's ahead of his time and going all "le wrong generation" on social media really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

De La done.
Yet another great album in 93.

Holy shit this is a good year.

93, 94 and 95 are untouchable imo. Do you have the chart without any of your edits on it? Would be fun go through it like you're doing

>Billy Woods
Nice, I really need to listen to Today, I Wrote Nothing some more.

My dude, Floss was probably my AOTY, although I really wasn't that big on Live

Sorry for absence. Was out to lunch.

I'll post the blank charts soon.

>slim shady LP not on 1999

FUCKING ANTI-WHITES REEEEE

He's a rapper so he counts.