Foreigner's thoughts on brexit?

I voted remain, sad we are leaving the EU. But what do foreigners think of brexit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE
youtube.com/watch?v=VB5FizClOiY
youtube.com/watch?v=XDdLxTXBaAY
europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/symbols/flag_en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good, the EU is tyrannical

Although I do have some issues with the United Kingdom I'd rather not see them oppressed

I'm glad you guys threw a monkey wrench into the whole project. I mean you've unwittingly fucked your country for a good couple generations but hey two birds stoned at once and whatever

I like Britain and I have some a family there (aunt and two cousins), so of course, I am disappointed.

I hope we'll be able to maintain good relations even after Brexit and that the UK stays as close to the EU as possible.

Extremely good idea

Wish we would join you sooner

>it triggers krauts just to mention brexit
>no longer tied to asinine bureaucracy
>traditionally strong power well before the EU and will continue to be so
>gives you greater power to remove kebab
10/10 decision. hope you don't pussy ouy

I don't understand what was exactly acomplished by it.

The same think about Trump - the absolute madmen did it, hahaa.

this

this

I'm very positive about it.

Not sure if I have genuinely seen more krauts or third world countries like croatia,poland bulgaria mad about Brexit now they cant get the gibs

I thought it was fantastic. A European superstate is a stupid idea doomed to fail, better to leave and make your own way. I also find it pretty hilarious that the so-called Scottish Nationalists are so eager to gain independence from the UK just so they can submit to Brussels.

Fuck the EU. The fire rises.

youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE

pissing off people in power

I look forward to you strengthening ties between our countries and the commonwealth at large. I hope you make good use of this opportunity rather than becoming an EU satellite state.

im ecstatic that the eurokolhoz is finally falling, you did the first step and you will be remembered forever for that

>A European superstate is a stupid idea doomed to fail
Why? Had they not tried to centralize power so much so quickly what's to say it would have failed. Even with the loss of Britain it isn't guaranteed to fall.

I just hope it succeeds without a problem.
I don´t want a global conflict because of money.

Why are you still called a Kingdom?

Yeah.We'll simply get Canada to join in UKs place :^)

If they didn't try to centralize power, it wouldn't be a European superstate.

It's great. The EU needs to dissolve, and Brexit was a nice move.

Who says government has to be super centralized? Why couldn't it be a federalist state with most of the power vested in each individual country?

>Had they not tried to centralize power so much so quickly

I always find it funny when people say something like that.
Because "the EU" didn't take anything.
Our parliaments gave it away. Willingly.

I hope UK turns alright, but also that EU screws you hard enough to discourage any other country from leaving.

Awesome!

What it could be is immaterial. What it is is a project with the longterm goal of stripping the individual nations of most of their sovereignty and concentrating power in Brussels. This is the stated goal of the Eurocrats, and it's why the EU will fail in the long run.

youtube.com/watch?v=VB5FizClOiY
I'll let mah boy Sargon explain it

We don't think much about it.

EU is shit but it will be extremely difficult to not count with them for you as it has been for us in the last decade.

The good thing would be that it explodes.

>foreigner's thoughts on brexit?
Unnecessary tantrum of the uneducated unemployed rural voters, made possible by one mans political miscalculation.

nice try, proxy leaf

Somewhat sudden, childish action.

It was a good thing. The EU needs to be destroyed

>giving a serious intelligent answer
Very refreshing in a sea of Sup Forums board jumpers.

Norway isn't even in the EU - how do you figure you know what's best for EU nations?

I think what most people don't understand is that the EU does not work like your federal government.
I can't just legislate anything. The competency of the EU is limited and it can't legislate anything outside of that, unless the national parliaments of the memberstates allow it to do so.

>toblerone
>sterling plummets

That's all I can thing of currently, even Carney said economically it's been nowhere near as bad as he thought it would be.

But if I was to say this people would call me a weak faggot paki cunt

Might be good for Norway, might be bad.
Hopefully you guys can negotiate a better trade agreement than our spineless politicians.
The concerns that have been raised in Norway is that if you guys join the EFTA we won't be the largest member, and it will be even less in our favour.

"It" hasn't even happened yet.
I don't think you can judge the economic impact of this decision until about 10 years after you have left.

I agree, I'm just saying currently the apocalypse hasn't happened yet as people said it would. It might happen in the next few years or it might not, who knows.

You saved yourself from EUSSR

The EU is, by design, a federation where the central government has more or less limited powers, and it's the "more or less" that's getting people so worked up. If Brussels signs a trade agreement like TTIP or CETA, those agreements become national law across all member states, affecting 300+ million people, and there isn't a damn thing that you, me, or anyone not part of the EU parliament can do about it.
Make no mistake; the EU can turn an awful lot of things into national law by force.

>just you wait *shakes fist menacingly*

Personally I wouldn't risk a potential economic apocalypse for....I'm not really sure for what, exactly.
But it will be interesting to see what happens to the UK.

I don't care

Good move actually

The whole deal almost got blown becaquse of a local parliament in Wallonia, and can still be blown apart by the parliaments of the member states, which shows how indecisive and powerless the EU actually is. When you say you, personally can't do anything about it, it's the same with any legislative body, because you, personally can't do anything about laws by the German parliament either.

you're afraid to post your irrelevant opinion on a finnish sauna review site because some meanies might call you a paki and post frog manga?

get some perspective nigga

>the UK stays as close to the EU as possible.
If you liked Britain you wouldn't say something so horrible.

>It was a good thing. The EU needs to be destroyed

>Tiny slave countries
And you never will. Keep your heads down and work hard and Merkel might give you another handout.

A necessary move.

Ideally The EU could be this magical place where all Europeans work and socialize together and money flows like honey to the Jews in Canae.
Instead the EU turned into a system that raped Southern Europe financially and then started to rape Western/Northern Europe with useless migrants from piss poor shitholes.

Cans finally stopped getting kicked down the road. But I personally fear it's too little too late.

inshallah

>Unnecessary tantrum of the uneducated unemployed rural voters
My city voted 68% for leave, the surrounding countryside only went 60%.

You people need to stop listening to memes and actually look at data.

those deals have to pass all national parliaments though, like a national trade deal would have to

The UK signed up when it was a trade organisation. All this more and more integration and law making we didn't like and became tired of it. So we voted out.

This

I hope you lot have learned not to trust the media, as we've learned.

Could you believe when they were going on about "Leave voters didn't even know what the EU was!" and such trash?

You'd fit right in.

Many continental European countries want this integration because of the events that shaped them during the 20th century. These events affected the UK in a different way, we were never invaded and occupied, or had far-right or communist movements tear up our political landscape like some European countries. We have had a stable democracy for quite a while.

>"Leave voters didn't even know what the EU was!"
youtube.com/watch?v=XDdLxTXBaAY

I could because it is all dogshite in terms of media.

But that's just women.
Women that voted to stay were just as sumb.

I think a lot of people voted on both sides for the wrong reasons. But what's done is done. I think leaving a union we've made a lot of trade and economy with will have a tumultuous effect but it won't be the apocalypse.

I'm quite sad to be honest. Europe will just become a couple of small, weak and irrelevant states again.

What is it now?

A large weak and irrelevant confederacy.

I don't care too much one way or the other. I don't see as many repercussions in Europe or in Britain like some people said.
I understand that they wanted to stop being a Germany's vassal to become a USA one. In the case of Spain, I prefer German's leadership to US one.

Brits are stubborn and thick but probably made the right decision here

It's the best perk of being in the European Union; blaming your national problems on a EU that is rather weak compared to national bodies .
Wondering what Britain will blame their problems on now that the EVIL European Union is out of the picture.

NIGEL BTFO

I for one am glad it happened. We need to to screw up the plan globalist jews want us to follow, and kicking multiculturalism is gonna hinder the capitalist project. Hopefully France will follow.

Honestly? Nobody cares. It's your problem and you will have to live with it. You no longer got a voice in Europe and this might be a good thing for everyone else.

My opinion on whether or not the UK was right to leave the EU is dependent on how this would affect access to Stroopwaffels.

We will move onto blaming the Muslims and the Poles.

Your countrymen have cucked themselves with this referendum... Good luck, you'll need it.

I'm saddened to see UK leave, I think we'r having politically quite hard times but I believe it's going to work out in the end.

Well, whatever the outcome, I still see UK European, if not part of the union.

The EU is a tyrannical bureaucracy that looks more like the Soviet Union every day. I was watching Euronews recently and they showed Schulz shaking hands with Antonio Tajani, and kept harping on about how it was a handover from centre-left to centre-right in the European Parliament.

It had a real vibe of, "See, critics of the EU, we do have ideological diversity."

oh please, you're living under a fucking rock if you seriously think the current EU is at all powerful

Just look at the Ukraine crisis. Literally RIGHT ON THE BORDER OF THE EU, and yet the EU didn't lift a single fucking finger. Heck, Germniggers were even reluctant to do as little as impose sanctions on Russia. It was a pathetic shitshow of pure cowardice and economic opportunism (spearheaded by Germany, as usual). Same thing with the Yugoslav wars: the EU was comparitively extremely uninvolved. Instead, it was (as usual) the US getting involved. I'm sorry, but when the US is more involved in fucking Yugoslavia and in fucking Ukraine (literally right on your borders), then it's a clear sign that your union has absolutely no power projection whatsoever.

in fact, to add to this, I'd even wager that the UK acting independently of the EU probably has more power projection in European matters than does the EU itself

the US didn't involve itself at all in Ukraine what are you talking about?

god i love this picture

>A European superstate is a stupid idea doomed to fail, better to leave and make your own way.
This. The populations of Europe are too diverse to be unified the way the EU hopes.

>I also find it pretty hilarious that the so-called Scottish Nationalists are so eager to gain independence from the UK just so they can submit to Brussels.
This. They keep going on about
>muh free market
when 60% of their trade is with the rest of the UK. Idiots.

>Canada
>Europhile
Colour me surprised.

You're 100% correct, and more aware of this than probably 80% of Europeans.

That's how it started, yes. But it's becoming more apparent to people that those limits are decided by the European institutions themselves and their sycophants in national governments and are therefore illusory. Any supposed limits are a Trojan horse, and people are realising that.

>almost
Exactly. We "almost" ended the Lisbon Treaty, but we didn't, did we? And at that, the Lisbon Treaty was just the EU's circumvention of France's rejection of a European Constitution. The idea that individual nations can impede the EU is a lie.

I mean 50% of UK's trade is also with the EU yet Brexiteers also claimed it will give more free trade etc.

>eu should have went to war over ukraine
we gave them preferential trade terms, we sent support, we sanctioned Puttins friend
Germany and Merkel were the hardest drivers behind the sanctions, it's one of the few issues she went against, and went hard, the popular will of germans who are super reluctant to get involved
You want us to go in with tanks and shit and wave dicks with putin? You armchair general subhuman leaf, you sit cozy on americas brow and you give us shit for doing nothing for a country that's (1) not in NATO, (2) not in EU, (3) was pro russian until yesterday.
Against a nuclear power with an autistic manlet with a boner for shows of power!
You apocalypse worshiping insect, kill your self right now!

I'm happy for you and I hope we will have a Frexit (not "led" by this fat leftist pig called Asselineau, tho)

stars don't represent countries

The EU is important for our imports but for things we actually make money on, our exports, the biggest are non-EU.

>the stars on the EU flag literally have no meaning
>the EU wants to strip nationalism and national identity from their members

Pottery.

Whatever makes Britain weaker is better

It was chosen because somebody wanted a cross but the Turks found it offensive so they choose symbols nobody would be offended by.

wat source on this?

But crosses are nice.

I read it on the wikipedia page of the eu flag a while ago.

making it up
europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/symbols/flag_en
>The history of the flag goes back to 1955. The Council of Europe - which defends human rights and promotes European culture – chose the present design for its own use. In the years that followed, it encouraged the emerging European institutions to adopt the same flag.

huh apparently it's true
but the flag is also much older than the EU and was chosen for the council of Europe which Turkey is a part of