anyone else like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/?upload
fretjam.com/major-arpeggios.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4yt4l1T-XqU&t=410s
clyp.it/anbh4czu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>anyone else like this?
I'm not an autist but I'm sure you can find other people like that on here because it's Sup Forums.

no I'm really good at guitar

>I'm not an autist
you're not fooling anyone, user

When I play guitar people like it, even if I don't sing.

I might be an autist but not the far gone OP kind.
>Some dude doesn't like your 2fast4u solo shredding with no backing instrumentals
>"I guess I'll never play guitar again"

I mean, come on, that's fucking stupid.

Just play some Nick Drake, normies and sluts love that shit.

also play something for me anons vocaroo.com/?upload

>Playing for friends
Thats only for plebs that's why you record an album in secret to tape and anonymously release it to the internet and consider yourself accomplished
Or start a post-hardcore band with me

>Nick Drake
>normies and sluts love that shit

Did you mean: Bon Iver?

My friends are the only ones nice enough to pretend they like my playing

No I mean virgin ass dweeb head in the clouds Nick Drake m8

I have yet to play to a person who doesn't end up liking his songs.

>friend tells me people will bring guitars at get together
>bring mine even tho i rarely practice
>turns out they are all music majors
>just doing whatever by the fire
>"hey bro can i see your guitar"
>let him see it
>he wont give it back
>passes it around
>they all start to do an overblown cover of a beatles song
>other dude has my guitar and is playing something else inaudibly
>nobody wants to talk
>finally get guitar back
>friend does fireside story bs
>jokingly play guitar accents
>nobody laughs
>go to bathroom
>come back and someone else has my guitar and is doing the same shit i was and everyone is laughing
>nothing to do but drink and smoke
>guitar cucked
>i hate living

you need to practice 10 hours a day for a couple decades and then once youve realized you wasted your time, go to a trade school

what the fuck does post hardcore sound like faggot

A Fugazi rip-off band, specifically

>making music for people other than yourself

Not really since a good portion of my friends are music majors, either in guitar or other instruments. Instead I just feel really inadequate since I don't have as much time as them to dedicate to practicing

Yes you do, you could be playing right now

Lazy faggot

>Thats only for plebs that's why you record an album in secret to tape and anonymously release it to the internet and consider yourself accomplished
>tfw i did this and it actually got sort of popular

Jokes on you, I'm phoneposting at work

link

>

fuck em bro

also it takes a few years of practicing every day before you are good enough to play songs worth playing. just strumming wonderwall and jack johnson is not gonna get you laid

Post it
>popular
You mean among your pleb friends or like actually?

have you mastered barre chords and arpeggio positions yet? Your choices open up after that and it really isn't worth playing for other people until you get that part down

can any other anons confirm? I actually like Nick Drake but suck at guitar

ehhhh i'd rather not turn this into a self-promotion thing. plus if people find out the guy who made it is some dork user on Sup Forums then i feel like that would take away from the intended mystique.

>arpeggio positions

this if you are playing for another human being you have to play strictly normie-core unless the request otherwise.

like literally play Beatles, Jack Johnson, or John Mayer and other boring ass normie core unless told otherwise you come across as a try hard unless you can do exact Jimmi Hendrix replica solo

>You mean among your pleb friends or like actually?
sort of in between. like a couple hundred downloads on bandcamp and about 1,500 yt views

>Post it
see

>>come back and someone else has my guitar and is doing the same shit i was and everyone is laughing

this is just a meme. ppl who say shit like this are oblivious to how they are really being percieved. that dude wasn't doing the same exact thing you were, otherwise he would've gotten the same reaction. he probably did something different for them to actually laugh. that was your chance to take note of what actually worked and remember for next time.

As in, do you know where arpeggios are on the fretboard? Can you play them if asked?

fretjam.com/major-arpeggios.html

>1,500 yt views
Bandcamp numbers are great but 1,500 youtube views are nothing.

I got more views playing Megaman on my DS recorded with a flipvideo camera back in the day.

>As in, do you know where arpeggios are on the fretboard
To a music pleb like me that sounds so vague. Do you just mean bar chords separated into individual notes?

oh shit thanks man

well to be fair it didn't get uploaded to yt until yesterday so hopefully those will perk up a bit.

>I got more views playing Megaman on my DS recorded with a flipvideo camera back in the day.
link

So just scales but only really playing triads?

That's one way of looking at it

Yeah, for all you know, the guy might have been doing impression of the user in question.

>jokingly play guitar accents
lol what

>link
fuck no, I was like 12 back then

>well to be fair it didn't get uploaded to yt until yesterday
Oh, 1,500 views for a completely unknown release in a day is something else entirely. That's pretty good, congrats.

I assume he was imitating other guitarists? Like Kirk Hammett with a wah pedal or something.

Come on, man. Im intrigued. How can I find it

advice for getting gud at guitar?

neither is op
only normies need social validation for their hobbies

When you want to learn a song on guitar, learn it even if it's out of your skill level

>only normies need social validation for their hobbies
You calling OP a normie?
Whatever he is, he ain't a normie. No matter how much he tries to be one.

I played shitty covers of songs I loved for years until it finally clicked.

fine. but it's not guitar music and you probably won't be into it unless you play dungeons and dragons
youtube.com/watch?v=4yt4l1T-XqU&t=410s

still hoping that other user will humor me and let me watch him play megaman

Practice the basics
Practice with a metronome
Play slowly then work up towards the correct speed
Don't just practice from the beginning, focus on problem spots
Take some time out to practice new techniques, slowly and carefully
Take some time off the usual practice routine to have fun, but only a bit, and do some interesting things when you do
Listen to other people's playing. A lot.
Stick with it, even if you're not having immediate payoffs
Post shit like this in /gg/

Pretty cool man
Like the cover, too. Is it just all MIDI?

play with people better than you. not just guitar players, but other guys that re better than you at their shit

thanks user
>Is it just all MIDI?
yeah i wish i had some cool hardware synths to play with but i had to do it poor man mode.

Actually, the part that makes it very "MIDI" is less the synths you used and more the rhythms

It's ambient music, it doesn't have to be so "gridded". I guess if that was part of the idea then it's just a matter of preference. Though I feel like the rhythms/patterns work a lot better in some parts and less so in other parts. Keep at it man, hope to hear more from you later on.
And make a bandcamp page at least because downloading is better than streaming. It's also more of a commitment.

i just dont understand you kids these days

>It's ambient music, it doesn't have to be so "gridded"
good point. thats difficult to get around when making something in a DAW with a fixed tempo. but i get what you mean. that's definitely something i'll work on with my next release.

>And make a bandcamp page at least because downloading is better than streaming. It's also more of a commitment.
i have one the link is in the video description

>Keep at it man, hope to hear more from you later on
thanks again! i'm working on new stuff now

Yeah, well, one thing to keep in mind that people perceive tempo through change. The more extreme the change, the more it serves as a rhythm cue. By using longer, overlapping notes and automation of effects that change in interesting ways, you can subvert the DAW grid. Also, another thing to consider is to have loops of different length. I don't know what DAW you use, but keep in mind Brian Eno's "Ambient 1" was stitched together by taking tape loops of mathematically different lengths so he could stretch them on for a very long time without it looping completely. Considering that's (arguably) where the genre started, there's all these different ways of taking rhythm and feel and making that interesting or different.

Another approach, of course (especially in a more "rock" or "extreme" context) would be to use the gridded rhythms to your advantage to produce a more "harsh" or "restraining" atmosphere, like Swans or something. That could involve drum machines, but something similar could be done with arpeggiators as well. That's up to you though, I don't know if that's your sort of thing.

Reminds me of OPN for some reason. I know it's different genres, but there are similarities.

this is super helpful stuff user. i've actually been using a lot of fast arpeggiation in the newer material i'm working on. but as for using long sustained notes to gloss over the rigid framework, that's a great idea that i will try experimenting with.

i appreciate all of your constructive input

Glad I could be of help! Good luck, man!
Have fun working on the music!

>Reminds me of OPN
HOLY SHIT user THANK YOU SO MUCH
opn was actually my second biggest inspiration for this project (aside from dungeon synth classics) that's seriously such a big compliment to me.

the newer stuff i'm working on is a bit more explicitly inspired by him. but i'm so glad you could pick that out in that first release

The truly autistic thing to do is hole up in your room for years obsessively practicing guitar in literally all your free time

T. autist who holed up in his room obsessively practicing guitar in literally all his free time

Then you must be really good at playing guitar! Did you do the smart thing and also learn how to sing?

>learning how to sing

There's no singing in technical death metal

>technical death metal
oh shit have you recorded anything?

on a related note, how great is the new artificial brain

If you can already, great.
But I know there's a lot of guitarists out there who miss out on opportunities to do a lot more because they can't even sing backing vocals. If you literally only want to play a niche genre for the rest of your life, fine, (or: if your guitar playing is THAT good, which it's usually not for obsessive autist kids who spend all their time practicing shredding and neglect practicing chords and rhythm playing) but if you want to expand what you're doing as an artist (or if you want to later) singing is an invaluable skill to have—which some people, yes, have to learn from the ground up because they utterly suck at it.

How do you learn to sing? I thought it was just a gift you either have or don't have

ITT: guys with zero social skills blame all their problems on any guy with social skills

tfw The Loneiest Cowgirls 2 will never release

Lots of listening and vocal exercises.
I'm…passable at it now, but I used to not even be able to hit notes correctly. But then I took a music theory course back in high school, and they forced us to sing intervals and stuff, and all three kids in that class couldn't sing, so we had to practice listening to intervals, singing them, and then knowing what they sounded like. And with practice, I could sing intervals. I also got a vocal coach at that point and took some lessons, which definitely helped. Also my aunt was a music teacher like 20 years ago, and she ran me through some songs as well. There's all these things you have to internalize, like how you breathe and exhale sound, as well as the performance you're doing. You listen to yourself singing as you sing, you record yourself and then listen back later. Just like any instrument, the more you practice, and the more you practice well, the better you'll get. It takes time, though.

Here's a little clip of an old thing
clyp.it/anbh4czu

I've only listened to a bit of Artificial Brain, I'll go check out the new album

Nope. I play for me and I don't really give much of a fuck about what other people think of what I play unless I'm in a band with them.

You should play guitar hero instead m8, it's dope.

yeah but do you have to be good to play his songs?

>clyp.it/anbh4czu
fuck that's awesome

It's extremely boring to practice by yourself, you should try practicing with friends user

Thanks man

Pretty dope my man.

can confirm i got head after i played some indie slut hanging on a star

>being this desperate to seek validation from others
>not just playing for yourself

>tfw unable to sing and play guitar at the same time, since my multitasking is really bad
end me lads

smoke weed and do acid it'll improve ur multitasking ability and semantic distinction

If you only play guitar to get a reaction from other people, and stop when the reaction isn't good, you SHOULD stop because you'll never be good or original in any way

>write really good songs
>normies still don't really care when you play in public

That's just how people are OP, most people don't actually care about music, it's audio wallpaper for them. The only people I know who care about music are other musicians.

>friends

REEEEEEEE NORMIES OUT OUT

You'll get better, just keep practicing.