What is the CORRECT way to prepare STEAK?

What is the CORRECT way to prepare STEAK?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5y2voEWJ6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's skirt steak; aka "fajita meat".

in your mouthe

Looks good homes.

Depends on the cut.

Hot as fuck cast iron or charcoal grill only, salt and pepper usually does the job.

Turn your heating element up high and while that's heating up, season the steak with the some salt by rubbing it in. Once you're at the heat you want, pop it in the oven and you're good to go in 30 minutes.

Well done w/ ketchup and mustard

>let set out on counter for around 1 hour
>lightly salt & pepper
> pan fry on HIGH heat
>Put steak on pan and cook on each side for one minute intervals for 6 minutes, i.e. 3 minutes on each side total
>set out on counter for 5 minutes with 1 tablespoon of butter melting on top
>eat

Medium rare is an art form

Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
GRILL
Eat.

Keep it simple.

If that is what you are eating throw it directly on the coals for 2 min per side then pull it out of the fire and wrap it in foil for like 20 min.
Them make fajitas.

For a real steak, Sous vide to perfect temp then char the outside really fast (throw it on hot coals, grill in chimney starter, billion degree cast iron pan, deep fry at 375+ for a minute or less, etc).

Heat up, eat

thanks reddit

This here is the correct method, I regularly use the billion degree cast iron pan sear but when there's reason to be fucked the chimney starter is best.

how dare ye

that's flank or skirt steak. you need to beat the living shit out of it or you'll be chewing on it for days. i remember when butchers couldn't give away that shit cut of meat.

Food and cooking is this way -------->

>room temp
>salt
>pepper
>grill hot as fuck
>cast iron pan optional
>cook for a few minutes depending on thickness
>flip once only
>add butter to pan and use spoon to spread it over meat
>finish cooking
>let rest for a few minutes
>eat steak
>Fuck bitches

>itt
morons who can't cook flank steak

>marinate overnight
>400-500 degree grill
>2-3 mins/side
>slice thin against the grain
>???
>best tasting steak you've ever cooked that's not a $25 ribeye from the butcher

>add butter to pan and use spoon to spread it over meat

so much this but take it up a notch and add fresh herbs to that butter (rosemary or thyme work great) for an extra kick

Oh and >seer the sides.

fuck steak. its a rol thread now

roller coaster

>marinate overnight

i want to taste the steak...not seasoning or butter. it's a shit cut of meat.

2: get

Can go alright in a stew or something, not sure what else can be done with it

Rolling

You've already fucked up if you bought that skirt steak tonight and want to eat it tonight.

>its a shit cut of meat
>i want to taste it and not marinade
wat

>taste the steak

like i said buy a $25 ribeye from the butcher, salt & pepper only will do

BUT if you're on a budget flank steak cooked correctly is delish and easy on the wallet

>not sure what else can be done with it

feed it to my dog :)

That went well enough, I guess

yes. i agree. you're a faggot.

eat whatever the fuck you want, but don't call a cut of meat shit and then say you want to taste it.
Fuck off, idiot.
you're the one coming to Sup Forums of all places asking people to hold your hand through a fucking flank steak.

not big on ribeye, either.

2-3oz fillet.
>fresh cracked pepper on both sides
>get grill glowing hot
>sear the living fuck out of it while leaving inside cold and red
>horseradish for dipping
>wash down with cold brew
if i have money for shit flank steak, i have money for 2-3oz fillet.

The texture is the issue more than the taste, I'm user who said stew it, it breaks down to a nice texture and the taste is good. Plenty of scenarios where cheaper cuts go better than the more expensive.

>leaving inside cold
>not letting it reach room temperature

i don't eat flank steak because it's a shit cut of meat. boy, you're dumb. now, reply and confirm how dumb you are. :)

>Correct?
The only correct methode to do it, is the WAY YOU LIKE IT.
Every king of meat, is good meat. It only depence if you know how to "cook" it.
And ofc there diff quality of the cuts on a cow, pig, etc.

raw
rarefags are pussies

i'm sorry that triggered you. :(

Dry age the steak for 3-10 days in your refer.
Screaming hot charcoal grill
Lightly brush veg or olive oil on the steak, lightly salt. Room temp
Grill 3ish mins per side flip once.

WIN!

Bunch of faggots in this thread don't know how to cook steak.

1: heat grill to 500F. Don't cast iron, don't oven. Grill only.
2. Steak must be at minimum 1.5 inches thick. Anything else is better of ground meat.
3; salt and pepper on the steak for 30 mins at room temp. That's it. Save the oil for your ass lube.
4. Step four. Remember this step, because that's how long it cooks on each side. 2 mins, rotate 90 degrees, 2 mins. Flip and repeat.
5. Never open the grill unless you're taking an action from step 4.
6: remove after 2x2x2x2.
7) rest that shit for 10 mins. Don't fucking do shit with it.
8. Plate the motherfucker.
9/ get your sides
11. Eat your perfect steak like a man.

Do not use fucking olive oil to sear

>homes

Acceptable method

>reaming ho
I like you´re methode, but diff sound like a Weber faggot right here.

idk but your taste 'Balsamic Vinegar' is way off.

Mid-Rare or you're gay.

That'd be my general rule of thumb, but I think it depends on the cut. If it's something ultra lean it might be helpful Anything outside of that though, no. There is generally enough fat content that olive oil is a waste of time; also generally any liquid is going to create steam and you don't want that either.

Skirt steak is fajita meat broseph.... and it would frequently be used as fajita meat because it was like a couple dollars a pound or under and most non-mexicans didn't realize that cut was worth anything.

Now that everyone knows skirt or flank are used for fajitas it's somehow inexplicably costs more than sirloin, and not even as good.

With the current pricing of skirt/flank, it doesn't make sense to use it in fajitas, if you're gonna marinate it a bit use thin slivers of round steak (if you marinate for a few hours it should be good but unmarinated round will be shoe leather) or, for better fajitas, sirloin.

Flank/skirt has priced itself out of the market.

It is the way God would eat steak.

Everything else is nigger tier, especially since OP bought taco-nigger meat. It's basically garbage.

Yeah it sucks that it was essentially "throwaway" meat until someone figured out how to cook it; now it's a luxury!

>ince OP bough
Yea i give you that, only for poor people.

Seasoned,
Battered,
Deep fried,
Served on a stick.

Butcherfag here
Some combo of the following.

>Garlic powder
>Olive oil
>butter
>kosher salt
>pepper
>worcestershire sauce
>montreal seasoning

Put all that on it and some type of liquid marinade (italian, olive oil, or worcestershire sauce) and let sit UNCOVERED in the fridge for 2 days. It will get crusty and look gross but that will turn into crisp yummy goodness on the outside of the steak. You're basically giving it a two day aging period in the marinade, some guys actually do this for weeks (most steakhouses do, that's why the seasoning tastes so much better than what you do at home).

Use a few of those ingredients or all and it should be good. Best results come from a charcoal grill, but a propane grill or george foreman can be solid too.

Also, different degrees of done-ness are better for different steaks. For a heavily marbled steak it's going to be both crisp and juicy if it is done at least medium. A medium ribeye will have the fat liquify within it making it juicy. On less fatty steaks like sirloin I prefer rare-medium rare.

>Dry age the steak for 3-10 days in your refer

nigga that ain't dry aging dry aging occurs in a microbe-free environment at near room temp and actually rots the meat from the outside

you have to cut that rotted shit off

very difficult to actually dry age meat at home

t. Donald Trump

It's not a bad method by any means but I can tell you the sous vide method is better.

this guy knows. nignog above just wants you to enjoy old grey steak with a side of salmonella

In my butcher shop, we have dry age as hanging around +35 days, and yes. You need to cut the very dry/rotten meat off, and then you have the most tasty meat ever. Only touch the heater for a couple of min and salt, thats it.
Dont motherfucking destroying the meat with peber or anything else that have too much taste, because you need to pay att to the taste of the meat after 35-40 days.

>a bad method by any
Dude, sous vide is amazing, the problem is, dont do it with quality meat, because the sous vide are actually destroying the meat from the inside.

Nigger I been grillin'/smokin' 'jitas since before you was borned.

Salt and pepper that's it

>>Garlic powder>Olive oil>butter>kosher salt>pepper>worcestershire sauce>montreal seasoning

The "I hate the flavor of steak and have no clue wtf I'm doing" combination of seasonings.

Sous vide was invented in a country that didn't breed beef cattle. Sous vide and herbs and shit are eurofag bullshit.

In other words, dumbshit euronigs think spending 45 hours boiling a steak is superior to 20 minutes actually cooking it.

Destroying how? I have cooked a fucking shitload of steaks with many methods and am getting best results from sous vide, although I am still toying with temp / time combinations to find the ultimate settings.

Exactly the way you, or whoever you're preparing it for, likes it.

Nigga, I work as a butcher. Lol at "around room temperature in a microbe free environment".....

It needs to be around freezing and double lulz at "microbe free environment". No part of butchery or aging is done in a pristine environment. It's not done Upton Sinclair gross, but it's far from pristine. Natural human immunities work just fine as long as things get cooked...

And you can dry age just fine in your fridge. And I think the crusty bits on the outside actually taste pretty damn good when grilled up, I don't even bother to cut that shit off unless I see mold.

Don't offer input if you don't know what you're talking about.

Mate I could not give a shit where it was invented, I'm not on the bandwagon of sous vide everything. I'm forever in search of better ways to cook and steak, and that is the best I've found so far.

Dude, i dont care how much you have been cooked. You´r talking to a butcher.
You are destroying the structure in the meat, thats fucking why its so good if you give it +2-4 hour depences how big of a meat you are cooking.
Sous vide is a good tool, but if you have a good oven, that can do same shit.

Lightly salt and pepper that shot, and cook it directly on the coals. Rest in aluminum foil for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.

Anybody with half a brain can prepare that steak well enough to stand proudly as a main course.

Nice cut OP. Skirt is one of my favourites and is still relatively cheap because normies think it's just an extension of the flank and won't buy it

>not boiled
It's like you hate eating well

>>homes

Excuse counter top. New one coming.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5y2voEWJ6U

fuck off you nasty piece of shit

His probably a nigga too

walk a cow through a warm kitchen

You're probably eating shit tier beef if you're a Europe or ausfalia. That's the reason there's herbs and spices and other shit in, for example French, beef recipes. It's to cover that it's dairy cow.

Even the gooks, nips, and spics have better beef because they don't have to church it up because the cow is raised for its meat.

Newport News Sam's Club is muh fav

Lol Reddit

This so fucking hard

You're a butcher and you advocate for this fucking shit combination of marinade? Do you not like the flavor? The essence of your steak? You sicken me, you disrespectful fuck.

Yeah I understand it will eventually break it down to mush, I don't leave it in there so long and look for a length of time to get a texture that I find ideal. Have used the oven as well with OK results, and with the bigger pieces I'd still take that over directly onto the grill.

this is all wildly accurate user.

preach

You niggerachis cant cook shit for shit

1. Get your steak
2. Piss on it
3. Slap the bitch you have at the house in the pussy wit it
4. Throw it on some lava fo 30 sec. then do same on other side
5. Splash some whiskey on that
6. Eat that shit nigger

The world is yours

Salt. Pepper. Garlic powder. Grill/Frying pan. Medium rare. Let sit for a few minutes. Eat. Get laid because you cooked a man's steak.

My father was a bullrider. He was killed doing what he loves, and since then I've found a passion for eating dead cows.

No herbs dickhead, just because I sous vide it doesnt mean I fill the bag with all kinds of nonsense. Salt and pepper, and on occasion a brushing of rosmary.

>It is the way God would eat steak.
Except god is a faggot and not real

you tried to hard and it wasn't funny.

when you're at home preparing your meat, please take that knife and angle it into your mouth towards your trachea.. then just jump off of a couch face first.

youre poor tho

Those fillets are the tenderest steak you'll get. Don't buy my fillets user.

THIS!

INSULT IT

filet

Shit movie no country for old men

Medium rare lol aka over cooked burnt shit blue rare or go home

Why even bother with step 1?
If you have the ingredients for step 3 just eat that you turbonigger.